Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Postby r1wchamp » Fri May 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Haha diggin the name!
I knew they were gunna have to do something with Dio.

These matches look AWESOME.
Love the idea behind The Danger Bees/Steen and Kendrick. Still makes me sad that London and Kendrick are on opposite sides of the equation though.

"Malachi Cutler" haha, wait, was that an insult? lol

The only thing I find super weird is the absence of Roderick Strong.
I can see Chuckie T, he's always on the east coast in Chikara, etc.
But Roddy? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't missed a show in years right?
r1wchamp

Postby Meltman » Fri May 21, 2010 1:28 pm

He missed Express Written Consent.
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Fri May 21, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm abuzz for the LaRae Von Eerie match... but, that's me.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 21, 2010 11:27 pm

fatallylost wrote:I'm abuzz for the LaRae Von Eerie match... but, that's me.

I totally agree with you there. I've missed them the last two shows and I cannot wait to see it. I kind of hope they get a couple more women in the next couple of months to feud with these girls.
jacob_burman

Postby fatallylost » Fri May 21, 2010 11:28 pm

I still vote Buggy, as far as local talent. But I'm not against maybe trying to get some of the ladies from Shimmer over.

Also, got my ticket... man, the comfort of pre-ordering tickets. Ain't nothin like it.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 21, 2010 11:36 pm

fatallylost wrote:I still vote Buggy, as far as local talent. But I'm not against maybe trying to get some of the ladies from Shimmer over.

Also, got my ticket... man, the comfort of pre-ordering tickets. Ain't nothin like it.

I heard a lot of good things about Buggy. Personally, cause I'm in love with the woman, I'd LOVE to see Lizzy Valentine in PWG.
jacob_burman

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 am

i was kind of underwhelmed by this years DDT4, but i'm pretty hyped about this show. i'm happy with the current roster and everybody spots on it. very glad PWG brought in a group of locals i enjoyed getting to know over 2009.

main event looks cool, taylor/bonham, von eerie/lerae and gatson/hero are fresh match ups i look forward to. the 6man is sure to be solid, and los luchas back is great to hear. not real familiar with tozawa, seen a little of him in DG, but i'm sure the match with lost will be atleast worth watching.

solid ass card, wish i could go.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby fatallylost » Sat May 22, 2010 11:36 am

jacob_burman wrote:
fatallylost wrote:I still vote Buggy, as far as local talent. But I'm not against maybe trying to get some of the ladies from Shimmer over.

I heard a lot of good things about Buggy. Personally, cause I'm in love with the woman, I'd LOVE to see Lizzy Valentine in PWG.

I think there's plenty of room for both. I know Buggy and Von Eerie tag up, so, that could be another team to throw in the mix as well.
fatallylost

Postby El Asian » Sat May 22, 2010 12:55 pm

fatallylost wrote:
jacob_burman wrote:

I think there's plenty of room for both. I know Buggy and Von Eerie tag up, so, that could be another team to throw in the mix as well.

in terms of local chicks, I could see PWG also bring in Aiden Riley, Kitana Vera, Carla Jade, and Tab Jackson, the last one especially because she's the cousin of the other 3 Jacksons, personally, I want PWG to bring back Sara Del Ray, Daffney, and, if she's able to return to wrestling, Lufisto, and also bring in Cheerleader Melissa, Amazing Kong, Ayako Hamada, and Sarah "Sarita" Stock
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Sat May 22, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm really glad PWG brought back Los Luchas. I have been hoping they would be brought back. Thanks PWG. I have high hopes for the main event tag. Steen & Kendrick sounds like an awesome makeshift tag team.
CheMateo

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I'd love to see Los Luchas win here and on the next show then get a tag title shot. Their match vs. Cape Fear from Based on a True Story was AWESOME. I think them vs. Danger Bees could be just as good.
Whoblehwah

Postby CheMateo » Sat May 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Right on! I was thinking the exact same thing. Luchas have such great chemistry with El Generico. I'd love to see Luchas pick up the win and get an eventual title shot. I really think that
CheMateo

Postby jacob_burman » Sat May 22, 2010 10:20 pm

I actually hope LTP and Goodtime win here. I missed most of the match they had at DDT4 thanks to traffic, but what I saw was pretty insane and I heard it was one of the better matches at the show. I think a win for them here and a win streak by them against other teams that PWG could sign for a night would be awesome for them and that way, few months, they can get a shot.
jacob_burman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:24 am

El Asian wrote:in terms of local chicks, I could see PWG also bring in Aiden Riley, Kitana Vera, Carla Jade, and Tab Jackson, the last one especially because she's the cousin of the other 3 Jacksons, personally, I want PWG to bring back Sara Del Ray, Daffney, and, if she's able to return to wrestling, Lufisto, and also bring in Cheerleader Melissa, Amazing Kong, Ayako Hamada, and Sarah "Sarita" Stock

Didn't LuFisto just have that stroke and say she was out for a long while????

I also think Amanda would be good to bring in, she's a hardcore lucha chick. And Annie Social. I still vote for Annie to come in.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby El Asian » Sun May 23, 2010 11:26 am

personally I wouldn't mind seeing Lizzy Valentine back but I'm gonna say no on Annie Social, there are much better wrestlers than Annie Social being flown in to PWG
El Asian

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 23, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm all for some Sarah Stock as well. Sara Del Rey as well. And we need not speak our love of Daffney.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Sun May 23, 2010 3:07 pm

fatallylost wrote:I'm all for some Sarah Stock as well. Sara Del Rey as well. And we need not speak our love of Daffney.

someone posted on Buggy's facebook a link to this thread about how you wanted her in PWG. She said she'd love to go to PWG, so it seems like the ball is in their court.

And speaking about her, is she dating Goodtime?
jacob_burman

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun May 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Bought my tickets today, now to get the day off lol If they don't give it to me then I'll be calling off
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Bought my tickets today, now to get the day off lol If they don't give it to me then I'll be calling off

Best hope your employers don't see this. :P
Meltman

Postby tmac9311 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:24 pm

oddly enough i think this may be my favorite card thus far in 2010. I guess it's more for the potential than anything. Los Luchas coming back after a long long absence, taking on a couple young kids that need a defining match. I feel like this could be the match of the night. Same kinda potential I see in the Cutlers-Jacksons match. That match could be a great deal of fun and also could pass the torch the the cutlers. Kendrick-London-Generico-Steen will be awesome regardless of how the four are aligned. with that said, the idea and potential of Steen TBK could may an amazing mix of style and character. Gatson-Hero also I have a good feeling about, although I think the hotness of Gatson's BOLA has faded dramatically.

All this without even mentioning Tozawa-Lost or the girl's match. I've talked myself into this being one of the best shows of the year, at least for someone sucked into PWG.
tmac9311

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum