Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Postby jacob_burman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:26 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't think it started in WWE. But who knows may be it did. First time I heard that chant was on TNA thou, along with "this is awesome" another gay ass TNA chant that got really popular.

Yeah, NOT a fan of the "This is Awesome" chant as it sounds like a bunch of s/marks just jizzing themselves over and overhyping the match. However, I do LOVE the split crowd. If everyone cheered the same guy and booed the same guy, it will make us seem like robots doing exactly what the promoter told us to do.
jacob_burman

Postby Meltman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

The "let's go _____/let's go _____" chants are far more awful than "this is awesome". Both terrible, don't get me wrong.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:51 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:I don't think it started in WWE. But who knows may be it did. First time I heard that chant was on TNA thou, along with "this is awesome" another gay ass TNA chant that got really popular.

Yeah, NOT a fan of the "This is Awesome" chant as it sounds like a bunch of s/marks just jizzing themselves over and overhyping the match. However, I do LOVE the split crowd. If everyone cheered the same guy and booed the same guy, it will make us seem like robots doing exactly what the promoter told us to do.

I don't mind the "this is awesome" chants especially if someone risked their body for us. I don't see why anyone has problem with chants unless it has nothing to do with the match.

The way I see it is we're supporting the wrestlers, I know the awesome chant gets used TOO often but if you're drunk and caught in the moment then you would join in. If we didn't chant anything then they would feel like they aren't doing shit right.

I love the half and half chants unless I like both people then I start to get hoarse saying both chants lol It was hard enough booin the celtics then cheering for the bucks and malachi
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Yes I agree, "this is awesome" chant overhypes the match, fans used to chant it during some real good matches, but nowdays they chant it during some very mediocre matches, which overall sends the workers a wrong message. A match has to be very very good for that chant to work, otherwise it just waters down the show.

To me the old ECW chants will always be the best.
krayzie Bone

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum