Bring back Tozawa!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Bring back Tozawa!

Postby iamawesome » Sun May 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Meltman wrote:I totally get how Chuck isn't for everybody, but to say (in so many words) he doesn't even merit a regular spot is ridiculous. Every match he has feels like an exhibition. He's underused in a sea of overexposed acts. He brings a fresh twist to any match or any team.

And the thing is we've barely seen any Chuck singles matches here. Think of the possibilities:

- Chucky T vs. Lost (charisma battle on the side)
- Chucky T vs. Joey (has to happen)
- Chucky T vs. Strong
- Chucky T vs. Davey
- Chucky T vs. Omega
- Chucky T vs. Hero
- Chucky T vs. Von Eerie

Seriously agreed with all of the above!!!

Thank you
iamawesome

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun May 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Souf Centrol

Ian's Personality is not important, in any case we are living in a fallen world and we shouldn't judge anyone as a person, we are all scumbags before the most high God. Lets just focus on what kind of talent Ian developed in his promotion, lets give credit where credit is due. There is no need for petty gossip or trash talk. These days wrestling fans love to personalize things and attack promoters for their personalities rather then focusing on good wrestling they provide.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Sun May 16, 2010 9:46 pm

well there's a reason why people attack Ian Rotten online and hell, you talk about IWA MS making stars like Necro Butcher, Colt Cabana, Jimmy Jacobs, Nigel McGuinness, Delirious, Austin Aries, Claudio Castagnoli, and Chuck Taylor but PWG also made guys like Davey Richards and the Young Bucks into stars but the thing is, Young Bucks and Davey Richards will always return to PWG while the guys that IWA made stars into have rarely worked with IWA, hell how many times Ian decided to shoot in Necro for no showing a bunch of IWA shows but also decides to cancel a bunch of shows with Necro booked day the show was suppose to happen or decides to book a tryout show where bunch of untrained backyard wrestlers have to pay Ian to work for him instead Ian paying them to work or let me bring up those times Ian closed down IWA MS before Ted Petty Invitational 2009 and told fans that the only way people could get refunds for tickets was because his internet was down and they had to send him a picture of their ticket to get refunds even though he posted that on the website plus just probably the same time TNA lasted on Monday nights, IWA MS came back into business, I mean say what you will about Vince McMahon but honestly, guys like Ian Rotten, Mr. California, that guy that's running IWA Deep South, and Johnny Kashmere are pretty much the cancer to the entire wrestling industry

back on topic involving Akira Tozawa, yeah, I would not really be surprised to see PWG book him for their next show
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 17, 2010 1:44 am

El Asian you are doing exactly what I described in my previous post and that is making a personal judgement of someone you don't even know in real life. You heard rumors, you heard the gossip and you made your decision about Ian based on that, well I honestly don't think thats wise or noble thing to do.

You said that guys like Ian Rotten are cancer to this business, but did you know that before IWA came to Chicago area, there was no good wrestling in Chicago at all? Did you know that for a very long time out of the entire Midwest/Midsouth region IWA was the only company that SMV video traveled 13 hrs from Philadelphia to film? While East Coast was booming with great wrestling, IWA was the only good wrestling in the Midwest, kinda like PWG in California, (oops did I say that, now all promotions in California will hate me lol) Anyways you get my drift I hope.

You can love Ian or hate Ian but I lived in the Midwest for 20 years and I haven't seen anything better in that region then IWA. I talked to numerous wrestlers who considered working in IWA a privilage and a great opporunity to learn the business and excell at what they do. May be if I was a wrestler and Ian didn't pay me I would have thought differently about IWA or Ian, but as a fan I saw some of the best wrestling on earth in IWA and I had a blast at the shows from about 2001 to 2008. It was trully freeking awesome.

Peace.
krayzie Bone

Postby Meltman » Mon May 17, 2010 6:17 am

Don't defend Ian Rotten of all people. Just don't. Funny thing is Chuck Taylor will never work IWA because of the money owed to him. These aren't rumors krayzie bone, I don't know if you have a personal stake in Ian Rotten but most everything you've heard is true. More than anything it sounds like you're a IWA fan who went to a lot of shows, so I understand why you'd be semi-biased.

krayzie Bone wrote:I'm sorry to tell you this meltman but Chuck was developed into a solid competator in IWA not Chikara, Chikara booked him way after.

Well, I said his Chikara work got PWG to notice him, and you can't deny that. I'm sure Chuck's IWA World Title run helped him gain that Chikara booking too, so it's all interconnected. I'll give IWA credit where credit's due, but it didn't get Chuck to PWG.

One more thing, I have to agree with El Asian regarding the Midwest guys named. Ego Fantastico is good but, in a fed with El Generico, Ego's novelty would run off quickly. Carter Grey has some ridiculous moves but that's all he is and needs more polishing. The Thomasellis are just bad in the ring. Callihan's a guy who hasn't improved in a year now it seems. I do kinda like the Naptowns but only as a team, they actually possibly would make a cool attraction. But none of these names merit a spot over Chucky T.
Meltman

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon May 17, 2010 8:49 am

Getting back to the subject of Tozawa, part of the reason he is having an extended stay in the US is to develop growth as a wrestler. As I noted in the original post, it seems he wants to do something in the same way that Shingo did back in 2006. Aside from FIP, I can imagine PWG being a great place for Tozawa to better himself.
Lord Akiyama

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Meltman, I think its you who are bias and not me. How many IWA shows have you been to? How many times have you actually talked to Ian Rotten in person? I actually did those things man. I don't want to judge Ian as a person because only God has the right to do so, however as a wrestling fan I can form an opinon on IWA as a product and it was an awesome product when I watched it.

You dont want me to defend Ian? Dude I'm giving you facts about Midwest wrestling and what Ian did for the region. IWA was like the solvation of the wrestling scene in the region, nothing else could even come close wrestling wise. Most chicago feds were either backyard or stuck back in 1970's, IWA was the only fresh product in the entire damn region dude. Back when IWA ran near Louisville they combined old memphis style wrestling with Japanese hardcore and strong style which worked really well, as a matter of fact the entire PWG experience remind of IWA a lot, because you got no guard rails, no matts on the floor, wrestlers are constantly coming your way, just all out insanity and I love it, its awesome. You see Meltman I'm not an IWA fan, I'm a wrestling fan, and the only kind of wrestling I like is when the guys bust their ass and put on a great show for the fans. This is why I dont watch WWE.

IWA delivered the kind of wrestling that wrestling fans like me really enjoyed, IWA provided an alternative to garbage on tv and outdated promotions in the midwest, so why not defend Ian? I'm a wrestling fan dude, I don't care about wrestling politics, I dont want to get involved in locker room drama because I'm not a wrestler, let wrestlers handle thier business man. If Chuck Taylor didnt get paid by Ian, am I suppose to get involved in this? I mean no of course not. I just wanna enjoy good wrestling.
krayzie Bone

Postby ajday » Mon May 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Getting back to the subject of Tozawa, part of the reason he is having an extended stay in the US is to develop growth as a wrestler. As I noted in the original post, it seems he wants to do something in the same way that Shingo did back in 2006. Aside from FIP, I can imagine PWG being a great place for Tozawa to better himself.

I'm gonna agree with Lord Akiyama with this. From what I saw on youtube, the dude looks to be a good comedic wrestler, but he could improve some. If he was to come to PWG, I think he'd grow as a wrestler and as a personality for some people for being a comedic. That's just my two cents on the thing.
ajday

Postby Meltman » Mon May 17, 2010 4:22 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:How many IWA shows have you been to?

Zero. Same with PWG. There goes your biased argument right out the window.

krayzie Bone wrote:How many times have you actually talked to Ian Rotten in person?I actually did those things man. I don't want to judge Ian as a person because only God has the right to do so, however as a wrestling fan I can form an opinon on IWA as a product and it was an awesome product when I watched it.

So this is probably your 4th post about defending Ian Rotten and an "almighty God" and all that shit. Look, these are proven facts. Watch some shoots, read an interview, talk to somebody backstage. Yeah, wrestling is full of creeps and con artists, but when fifty guys say the same thing you can't put a tarp over that shit.

Ian Rotten is lucky to not have been stabbed in a locker room yet. That's the last thing I'll say about that guy; he's not even worth discussing in 2010.

And regarding those big paragraphs about the IWA product, nobody's ragging on the product. There's no reason for that. And when we criticize Midwest guys, for me it comes from a fresher point of view than IWA. For example, I've seen CZW matches from just last year with Sami and Ego in them. That's how I can say what I said.

krayzie Bone wrote:This is why I dont watch WWE.

Eeehhh... Another one of these guys. Jesus, man, grow up.

I'll stop before this gets locked. It's about Tozawa.
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 17, 2010 5:01 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Meltman, I think its you who are bias and not me. How many IWA shows have you been to? How many times have you actually talked to Ian Rotten in person? I actually did those things man. I don't want to judge Ian as a person because only God has the right to do so, however as a wrestling fan I can form an opinon on IWA as a product and it was an awesome product when I watched it.

You dont want me to defend Ian? Dude I'm giving you facts about Midwest wrestling and what Ian did for the region. IWA was like the solvation of the wrestling scene in the region, nothing else could even come close wrestling wise. Most chicago feds were either backyard or stuck back in 1970's, IWA was the only fresh product in the entire damn region dude. Back when IWA ran near Louisville they combined old memphis style wrestling with Japanese hardcore and strong style which worked really well, as a matter of fact the entire PWG experience remind of IWA a lot, because you got no guard rails, no matts on the floor, wrestlers are constantly coming your way, just all out insanity and I love it, its awesome. You see Meltman I'm not an IWA fan, I'm a wrestling fan, and the only kind of wrestling I like is when the guys bust their ass and put on a great show for the fans. This is why I dont watch WWE.

IWA delivered the kind of wrestling that wrestling fans like me really enjoyed, IWA provided an alternative to garbage on tv and outdated promotions in the midwest, so why not defend Ian? I'm a wrestling fan dude, I don't care about wrestling politics, I dont want to get involved in locker room drama because I'm not a wrestler, let wrestlers handle thier business man. If Chuck Taylor didnt get paid by Ian, am I suppose to get involved in this? I mean no of course not. I just wanna enjoy good wrestling.

The only thing I have to say is this.

Not everyone comes across the same to everyone.

One of my managers is hated by 60% of the people I know, who know him. I get along with him. Get my point?

Also, if "only God can judge" then you have no need to defend him, cause, in the end, your defense is pointless, is it not? It's what Allah taught me.
fatallylost

Postby deadmandevilman » Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 pm

I think chuck has been a little lost in the PWG shuffle. For a while it seemed like him and kenny were going to go high places with MoLMF, but with cancelations due to snow and Kenny's title win/Japan tour the MoLMF have lost steam and direction. I love his character and wrestling skill, both of which keep him a fan favorite. He's a good wrestler too, last years DDT, he and Kenny had two insanely good matches, and his matches with Generico were amazing.

Lets settle the score right now. next show Tozawa vs Chuck Taylor, 60 min Iron Man Match. Thats right, a gimmick for no reason, just to see them be goofy for 20 minutes and wrestle for 40.

Were is Tozawa training? does anyone know were?
deadmandevilman

Postby El Asian » Mon May 17, 2010 5:47 pm

going back to Callihan, honestly, I probably won't mind seeing him in PWG on the condition he is brought in with Jon Moxley together

and Silverback, if you're reading this, if there's another talk about how "we have no right to judge Ian Rotten because we're not God" or some shit like that, please just lock this thread or just delete the posts about it at least

Lord Akiyama wrote:Getting back to the subject of Tozawa, part of the reason he is having an extended stay in the US is to develop growth as a wrestler. As I noted in the original post, it seems he wants to do something in the same way that Shingo did back in 2006. Aside from FIP, I can imagine PWG being a great place for Tozawa to better himself.

yeah, PWG is one fed I can see Tozawa working as well as FIP but I also see Tozawa working Chikara, EVOLVE, JAPW, AAW, maybe some local feds here in SoCal, a few in Texas, and really depends who is handling his bookings in the US though I assume its Gabe Sapolsky but I do like to think that because Tozawa got so over at DDT4 that it convinced him to stay in the US a little bit more

as for him and Chuck Taylor, maybe a new Men of Low Moral Fiber?
El Asian

Postby ajday » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 pm

deadmandevilman wrote:Lets settle the score right now. next show Tozawa vs Chuck Taylor, 60 min Iron Man Match. Thats right, a gimmick for no reason, just to see them be goofy for 20 minutes and wrestle for 40.

That would be entertaining, IMO.
ajday

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Tozawa is probably the worst Japanese wrestler I've seen in quiet some time now. Well certainly the worst out of all other Dragon Gate USA guys.

I defend Ian rotten not because he needs my defense or because you are attacking him, I simply defend what he did for this business, and love him or hate him he did a lot. Now if I was a wreslter I probably would have hated him too, but you see I'm not a wrestler, I just want to see good wrestling. If you guys want to get involved in politics and be part of this business, the answer is simple; get trained and then you can trash Ian all you want for not paying you, exc, as for now just buy your tickets and enjoy the show, its that simple.

Meltman, you told me to "grow up" Well when I grew up is when I stopped watching WWE.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Mon May 17, 2010 6:38 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Tozawa is probably the worst Japanese wrestler I've seen in quiet some time now. Well certainly the worst out of all other Dragon Gate USA guys.

I defend Ian rotten not because he needs my defense or because you are attacking him, I simply defend what he did for this business, and love him or hate him he did a lot. Now if I was a wreslter I probably would have hated him too, but you see I'm not a wrestler, I just want to see good wrestling. If you guys want to get involved in politics and be part of this business, the answer is simple; get trained and then you can trash Ian all you want for not paying you, exc, as for now just buy your tickets and enjoy the show, its that simple.

I just want to point the irony that you you shit on Tozawa for no real reason but defend Ian and IWA and telling people that they have no real right to attack Ian because "they aren't wrestlers"
El Asian

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 17, 2010 6:43 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Tozawa is probably the worst Japanese wrestler I've seen in quiet some time now. Well certainly the worst out of all other Dragon Gate USA guys.

Meltman, you told me to "grow up" Well when I grew up is when I stopped watching WWE.

I think you should stop judging people, and assuming what they think. People can have opinions, and you have 0 right to censor them. You aren't the church my friend.
fatallylost

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon May 17, 2010 7:08 pm

ajday wrote:
deadmandevilman wrote:Lets settle the score right now. next show Tozawa vs Chuck Taylor, 60 min Iron Man Match. Thats right, a gimmick for no reason, just to see them be goofy for 20 minutes and wrestle for 40.

That would be entertaining, IMO.

I am so down with that.
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon May 17, 2010 9:01 pm

He is trying to improve himself. If you are really down with God, how about supporting another human who is working hard and trying to make himself better.

Also, you like Chikara but not DG? I see a lot of similarities in style.

krayzie Bone wrote:Meltman, you told me to "grow up" Well when I grew up is when I stopped watching WWE.

Just because you trash the mainstream doesn't make you a grown up.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby iamawesome » Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Hug it out ladies..

hug it out....
iamawesome

Postby jacob_burman » Tue May 18, 2010 12:26 am

I'm just going to jump in because I'm a bit drunk right now and it seems fun. ANYWAYS, funny how you say you defend him because what he did for the business, then you talk about growing up and not watching WWE anymore. I'm sorry, but let's be honest, love him or wish he burns in hell, Vince McMahon Junior did a heck of a lot for this business. Sure, there are some wrong things he does, but the man does pay wrestlers a hell of a lot better than most people, he got wrestling to a whole other level with PPV, brought wrestling to a bigger audience, and let's be honest, wrestling shouldn't be about T&A and a whole bunch of blood, it should be about pure entertainment and this whole PG is actually a smart BUSINESS decision.

BTW, since I just had a brain storm, probably because I did a Paul London/RVD/Kendrick too, before you come up with the whole John Cena and PG is bad, take a look back at during the Hulk Hogan era. That guy held the belt forever and drew millions of people to watch the product. Damn guy couldn't wrestle, but hey, everyone watched. Can you really say it's a bad idea to try to see if they can recreate the magic with Cena? Everyone was a Hogan fan and then it rolled into Austin/Rock and then they got older and mainly stopped watching. Is it wrong for WWE to go back to the cycle, start with Cena in that idea, and then roll out a new Austin/Rock type era? Think about that one mister.

And sorry about this being totally off topic, but I don't get a guy that wants to defend one guy who is hated by people, though he has "done good for the business" and yet ripped on the WWE.
jacob_burman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum