DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Competitors Announced!

Postby fatallylost » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Vinniejames wrote:Am I the only one that isn't on the Cutlers bandwagon? I mean, they are entertaining enough, but I definitely don't want them to win DDT4(4).

How dare you? There's just something about'em. I hooked on after the second match I saw them in.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:21 pm

VinnieJames wrote:Am I the only one that isn't on the Cutlers bandwagon? I mean, they are entertaining enough, but I definitely don't want them to win DDT4(4).

I don't think the cutlers own a bangwagon.

The reason I like the cutlers was because I use to give them a lot of shit but when I met them at wrestleunion they were cool as shit. Even though I yelled "the cutlers fucking sucks" and he looked at me and pointed saying "you shut up"

Also they have never held the belts and its due. Like someone else said though, they have yet to have a fued with anybody
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Love the Cutlers, but they shouldn't win this. They're an awesome team who will be ready to hold the belts by late this year or early next, but not right now.

DDT4 would make a great spotlight for them however. Give then 1-2 big matches. The biggest match name-wise the Cutlers have had was the BOLA 6-man with Aries and Cabana. Have the Cutlers face the Briscoes (would be awesome) and maybe another big team, see what they can do on a higher scale.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Also they have never held the belts and its due. Like someone else said though, they have yet to have a fued with anybody

I really like the Cutlers but I think it is too soon for them to take the belts. They have not been pushed as a serious threat and their win/loss record is a bit uneven I think. DDT4 can be a great showcase for the Cutlers. I have been dying to see the Cutlers face an established fly in team. Sadly the MCMG are not in this year's tournament but that is okay, as I think The Briscoes vs Cutlers is a fine substitute and could be the cat's pajamas. Matches with brother teams are always fun.
CheMateo

Postby Benjamin Tomas » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:38 pm

While I'm very sad the Steiner Brothers aren't gonna be in this tournament, I still ordered front row tickets. This looks like a ton of fun.
Benjamin Tomas

Postby BillJames » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Benjamin Tomas wrote:While I'm very sad the Steiner Brothers aren't gonna be in this tournament, I still ordered front row tickets. This looks like a ton of fun.

lol that to bad
BillJames

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

I got agree that it might be too soon to give it to the Cutlers right now and I know people are calling London and Generico to win it but I think Lost and Taylor will win it instead although I would love to see KAMIKAZE to win it but that won't happen

BillJames wrote:
Benjamin Tomas wrote:While I'm very sad the Steiner Brothers aren't gonna be in this tournament, I still ordered front row tickets. This looks like a ton of fun.

lol that to bad

personally, I was hoping for Faces of Fear to be part of this
El Asian

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:00 pm

fatallylost wrote:
jacob_burman wrote:
fatallylost wrote:OK, I've pre-ordered for pretty much every show I've gone to. A question, when do they tend to cut off pre-orders? I know most shows are on Fridays, and you definitely can't order them the day of. But, I'm just curious, cause I get paid the Friday before.

Just want to know if I should butter someone up to order mine, with the intent to pay back, or, chance it.

If you want, I can get you a ticket. HOPEFULLY will be getting my tickets this week.

I may take you up on that offer. Let me know when you're going to get yours. I tend to check this board once, or twice a day, depending on what's going on.

sounds good. I'll probably get them on Thursday or Friday depending on if I can get to the bank on Thursday.
jacob_burman

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:02 pm

bat4life wrote:MAy 9 is mothers day. Looks like im taking my mom out for breakfast :P

when I told my friend about the show, he told me it's Mother's Day. TOTALLY forgot about that. Wonder why they would book the show for Mother's Day, though. Good thing there is always brunch :)
jacob_burman

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 pm

BillJames wrote:

lol that to bad

as much as I'm a Steiner Brothers fan and would LOVE to see Scott Steiner, I don't think the Steiners can wrestle the type of match these guys do. THOUGH, a Brisco and Steiner match would be f'n sick to see and I'd probably take a piss in my seat if they did anything like what the Brothers did to Generation Me, they are just too old lol.
jacob_burman

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:05 am

CheMateo wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:Also they have never held the belts and its due. Like someone else said though, they have yet to have a fued with anybody

I really like the Cutlers but I think it is too soon for them to take the belts. They have not been pushed as a serious threat and their win/loss record is a bit uneven I think. DDT4 can be a great showcase for the Cutlers. I have been dying to see the Cutlers face an established fly in team. Sadly the MCMG are not in this year's tournament but that is okay, as I think The Briscoes vs Cutlers is a fine substitute and could be the cat's pajamas. Matches with brother teams are always fun.

The more support they have the better they'll wanna get
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:51 am

So if PWG is working with Dragon Gate on this one, anyone think it's possible if PAC might make it out for a match??? I know I said he was working it and if some of the guys are coming out I hope PAC is a surprise as well.

As far as the Tournament I LOL'd at the DANGER BEES!!!! That has got to be one of the best second comings of the Hybrid Dolphins. Two of my favorite and random wrestlers in the biz. I hope they win if not at least take it to the finals. They would both bring the house down with all the energy those two put out.

The other would be LOST/TAYLOR. I'm loving the arrogance 2.0 scenario. I can see them going up against the DANGER BEES! in a round! Best of both feuds as well!!!

And I definitely gotta love KAMIKAZE coming out for this one. The Dragon Gate guys are nuts and always put on some serious action!!!! I can't fucking wait!

This is a bloody brilliant event!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 am

Sunday? why
ESPINOZA316

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 am

They should definitely have the Cutlers win. Not only are they a local team who will always be ready and able to defend, but they are good and getting better every show.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby CheMateo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:So if PWG is working with Dragon Gate on this one, anyone think it's possible if PAC might make it out for a match??? I know I said he was working it and if some of the guys are coming out I hope PAC is a surprise as well.
I doubt it if these visa rumors are indeed true. If PAC was going to be on the show they would advertise it instead of springing it as a surprise.

ESPINOZA316 wrote:Sunday? why

Because Dragon Gate USA has shows on Friday and Saturday so this was the only possible date.
CheMateo

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 am

CheMateo wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:So if PWG is working with Dragon Gate on this one, anyone think it's possible if PAC might make it out for a match??? I know I said he was working it and if some of the guys are coming out I hope PAC is a surprise as well.
I doubt it if these visa rumors are indeed true. If PAC was going to be on the show they would advertise it instead of springing it as a surprise.

ESPINOZA316 wrote:Sunday? why

Because Dragon Gate USA has shows on Friday and Saturday so this was the only possible date.

How many PWG guys are working that show that they would have to push it back to sunday?
ESPINOZA316

Postby Meltman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:How many PWG guys are working that show that they would have to push it back to sunday?

None, but Tozawa/YAMATO are.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:26 am

Meant to post this: is it safe to christen the Lost/Chuck team Men of No Moral Fiber? Seeing as how Omega was the more noble of his team and Lost is a prick.
Meltman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 am

ROH is also running on the Friday and Saturday before this show (which isn't great news for anyone expecting the Briscoes to show up...) but the Sunday date seems mainly due to the availability of the Dragon Gate talent. The Sunday date isn't good for me either, but it does make sense.

As for who will win DDT4, I hope it's the Bucks. The title chase should go on a little longer. Maybe ending in a tag team Guerrilla Warfare, or cage match at the Anniversary show (which has no obvious main event at the moment).
TigerDriver98

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:How many PWG guys are working that show that they would have to push it back to sunday?

The Cutlers have been working the Fray matches, and the DG team, for certain. As others said, Briscoes have ROH commitments too.
El Hijo del Generico

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum