DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Competitors Announced!

Postby Meltman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Didn't expect all 8 teams to be announced at once, but WOW at the lineup!

Generico/London will win this thing. Putting my prediction down right now. Bees (Abejas) over Bucks in the finals.

I love that combo too. London is such an outlandish character and Generico is flat-out great. I'm really excited to see this team in action.

As far as makeshift teams go, I'm loving Lost/Chucky T also. Both are so good at being dickheads; I expect them to go all-out, jawing with the crowd and bullying the opposing team. Who knows, maybe a new Arrogance is in the way.

Strong/Ryan Taylor is a weird one, but I can't complain. A team like Gatson/Strong would've made more sense (they fought at BOLA), or Hero/Strong like they'd originally announced for last year's DDT4. But I like Taylor and this is a huge break for him, and that's very cool.

Cutler Bros. are an obvious choice. Love the team, future champs in the making. Hope they get at least one big match.

LTP/Goodtime... this team needs a name. I hope both these guys and the Cutlers make it to the 2nd round at least. It would help solidify them plenty. This is one of my favorite current tag teams, both are way fun to watch.

Briscoe Bros. is another team I expected after Titannica, and hearing that their match tore the house down, I look forward to what they bring to the table at DDT4.

And holy shit, KAMIKAZE! That's badass! YAMATO in Reseda is going to be goddamn crazy. Him and Tozawa really add a lot of starpower to the show.

And we've still got non-tourney matches. I assume the locals (Bonham, Gatson, CK) will get booked. Is Davey in Japan during this show?
Meltman

Postby BillJames » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

wow a lot of good teams looking forward to this wish i cloud be there live can't wait to buy the dvd
BillJames

Postby BillJames » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:08 pm

BillJames wrote:wow a lot of good teams looking forward to this wish i cloud be there live can't wait to buy the dvd

my picks to win
The Briscoe Brothers or
Generico & "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London
BillJames

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:25 pm

KAMIKAZE is a nice surprise. Everything looks great and I hope this year's tournament gets enough time and nothing gets rushed.

BillJames wrote:The Briscoe Brothers or
It'd be a nice surprise and I would be happy with either of those teams winning. The tag title scene needs some shake up now. Hopefully May 9th the Buck's tyrannical reign will come to an end. Last year I was given false hope. Please don't tease me again.
CheMateo

Postby BillJames » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 pm

CheMateo wrote:KAMIKAZE is a nice surprise. Everything looks great and I hope this year's tournament gets enough time and nothing gets rushed.

BillJames wrote:The Briscoe Brothers or
It'd be a nice surprise and I would be happy with either of those teams winning. The tag title scene needs some shake up now. Hopefully May 9th the Buck's tyrannical reign will come to an end. Last year I was given false hope. Please don't tease me again.

same here i like the bucks but i think it is time for new tag team champions in pwg
BillJames

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:04 pm

I think the bucks will retain. If not Generico/London or Lost/Chuck
Souf Centrol

Postby BillJames » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I think the bucks will retain. If not Generico/London or Lost/Chuck

you going to DDT4 or no
BillJames

Postby npdavis » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
b2u wrote:Quarter Finals
The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Cutler Brothers
Generation Me vs. LTP/Goodtime
Strong Unknowns vs. KAMIKAZE (YAMATO and Strong's Exchanges Should Be Epic)
Peligro Abejas vs. Men of Some Moral Fiber

Semi Finals
The Briscoe Brothers vs. Peligro Abejas
Strong Unknowns vs. Generation Me

I can't imagine they would fly in Yamato and Towaza to have this lose in one round. I think they will be going through for sure.

I really hope this show has Davey and Hero.

Both will be in Canada on May 7th and 8th. I imagine their connecting flight back to Japan is through LAX.
npdavis

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:12 pm

fatallylost wrote:OK, I've pre-ordered for pretty much every show I've gone to. A question, when do they tend to cut off pre-orders? I know most shows are on Fridays, and you definitely can't order them the day of. But, I'm just curious, cause I get paid the Friday before.

Just want to know if I should butter someone up to order mine, with the intent to pay back, or, chance it.

If you want, I can get you a ticket. HOPEFULLY will be getting my tickets this week.

I'm shocked it's so close from now. Not digging the Sunday showing, though, but hopefully work gets me the night off (if not, just call out lol). Looks pretty good and can't wait to see the other matches named. For me, I got to go with Roderick Strong/Ryan Taylor. I know chances of them winning are slim but by God Gatson and Taylor impressed the hell out of me last show so I got to go with Strong and Taylor. I don't see Peligro Abejas winning as poor El hasn't had much success. Cutlers might be the clear cut favorite as they have been pretty damn over so I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking over the tag division.
jacob_burman

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:17 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Now we just have to guess the non-tournament matches. BxB Hulk, SHINGO, Dragon Kid, Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Masaaki Mochizuki, CIMA are on the DGUSA show the day before. So I suppose seeing a couple of them on the card wouldn't be much of a stretch.

personally, I hope PWG brings in at least Masaaki Mochizuki and since he's also working the DGUSA show during that weekend, I hope PWG can finally bring back Pac, maybe put him against Brando Gatson
El Asian

Postby iamawesome » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:25 pm

The Cutlers

For the Win please and thank you.
iamawesome

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 pm

KAMIKAZE!

MOTHERFUCKING TOZAWA!

YAMATO MOTHERFUCKERS!

I'M SO THERE!

By the way, can you tell I'm excited?
Lord Akiyama

Postby b2u » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Let's be realistic. The Briscoe's cannot win this tournament. They are not reliable enough yet to count on for title matches. Let's see if the Briscoes can make a steady and consistent run, without any cancellations, missed flights, drunk bullshit excuses or whatever. Let's see if they can be fair enough to appear to at least all the bookings PWG gives them this year and then maybe I'll consider them tag title worthy. LTP/Goodtime or "Good and Stout" are possible long shots but a possible semi final run. Strong Unknowns I'd give 4 to 1 odds because Roddy is at almost every PWG show and Taylor is local and they can easily be the new American Wolves. Men of Little or No Moral Fiber is about 8-1 due to Chuck's schedule. The Cutler's I'd say are a dark horse, but I don't think they're quite ready only due to the fact that they have yet to have a feud in PWG and I think need a manager (Enter Human Tornado, Imagine that Trio?). London/Generico 3 to 1 probably because they'll be the overall fan favorites of the night, but I don't know if London can handle a consistent tag title defense schedule. And I'm not even sure he's in the right shape to wrestle three matches in one night. He was pretty tired after his match with Generico. KAMIKAZE-no way in hell. Generation Me 3 to 1 as well and maybe have them face Motor City Machine Guns at the Anniversary show for the belts and the Guns shock the world that night. Then the next show they drop it to the Cutler's or something. I don't know just a thought. If I were a betting man, which I was born into being Filipino, I'd say Generation Me for now because it's a safe bet.
b2u

Postby Madvillian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 pm

I wanna see the Bucks win. They've come too far to just drop the titles now. They still have everything to prove at this show, to be the best tag team in the galaxy. I'm gonna try to come down from Oly, WA for this one, that's my birthday weekend. Can't wait for the non tourney matches to be announced!
Madvillian

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 pm

BillJames wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:I think the bucks will retain. If not Generico/London or Lost/Chuck

you going to DDT4 or no

Hell yeah I'm going, I'm getting my tickets on the 23rd
iamawesome wrote:The Cutlers

For the Win please and thank you.

I think people are going to go nuts when they win
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:56 am

jacob_burman wrote:
fatallylost wrote:OK, I've pre-ordered for pretty much every show I've gone to. A question, when do they tend to cut off pre-orders? I know most shows are on Fridays, and you definitely can't order them the day of. But, I'm just curious, cause I get paid the Friday before.

Just want to know if I should butter someone up to order mine, with the intent to pay back, or, chance it.

If you want, I can get you a ticket. HOPEFULLY will be getting my tickets this week.

I may take you up on that offer. Let me know when you're going to get yours. I tend to check this board once, or twice a day, depending on what's going on.
fatallylost

Postby cobystag » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 am

Meltman wrote:Is Davey in Japan during this show?

Yes. He's working NJPW in the Junior Tag League or whatever they've called it.
cobystag

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 am

That's a bummer. There's still plenty of starpower on this show though.

Hero's probably not booked either. They would definitely announce a name like him.

I can definitely see us getting a match like Brandon Gatson vs. Joey Ryan, with another multi-person like Bonham/LeRae vs. CK Jackson/Von Eerie.
Meltman

Postby Vinniejames » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:23 am

Am I the only one that isn't on the Cutlers bandwagon? I mean, they are entertaining enough, but I definitely don't want them to win DDT4(4).
Vinniejames

Postby bat4life » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am

MAy 9 is mothers day. Looks like im taking my mom out for breakfast :P
bat4life

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum