DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat May 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Madvillian wrote:
Whoblehwah wrote:If Joey Ryan's not at DDT4, I selfishly hope he's at the ROH NYC show I'm going to the night before. =]

Also, Bonham vs. Hero should be awesome! I expect a lot of hard strikes from those two. Chris Hero's elbows (if he still uses them) vs. Brandon Bonham's enziguris.

are you attending the DDT4 too? Isn't that ROH show the one Kong is debuting on?

I wish I could attend DDT4, but I live in NY. And yeah, I'm gonna see Kong, Daniels, MCMG, and the Kings of Wrestling. Pretty awesome for a first show. Also they have the Steen/Cabana fans choose the stipulation match. I voted for a Last Man Standing, but most people on their forums are asking for a dog collar match. *shrugs*
Whoblehwah

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:36 pm

DANGER BEES!!!!!!!!!!!! BUZZZZZZZZ!!!

IDK what it is, but that has been stuck in my head for weeks now lol
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun May 02, 2010 7:48 am

I wonder if they'll do the losers 8-man tag match this year. Those are always fun.
Whoblehwah

Postby Meltman » Sun May 02, 2010 8:34 am

Doubt they will. They didn't do anything with last year's losers (except Joey challenging Hero), could've had a killer 8-man like Cutlers/Dynasty vs. Dark 'n Lovely/Hero/Phoenix Star.

I fucking hope they have As the Worm Turns released by showtime. It sucks when you order a bunch of stuff in addition to the latest DVD, then wait months on end for everything to arrive because 1 item is unreleased. But it was a dumb move on my part also.
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

I don't see them doing the 8 man. Last year's show ran quite long, and being one night, I think it's much harder to pull off extras.
fatallylost

Postby BadFurDay » Sun May 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:I wonder if they'll do the losers 8-man tag match this year. Those are always fun.

Didn't this work only because the show was on 2 nights?
BadFurDay

Postby CheMateo » Sun May 02, 2010 9:46 pm

fatallylost wrote:I don't see them doing the 8 man. Last year's show ran quite long, and being one night, I think it's much harder to pull off extras.

I am glad that the show last year got to run long. I hope nothing gets rushed because it is being held on a Sunday.

BadFurDay wrote:
Whoblehwah wrote:I wonder if they'll do the losers 8-man tag match this year. Those are always fun.

Didn't this work only because the show was on 2 nights?
Yeah, that is right. Hopefully Hero/Bonham will be a nice palate cleanser between the great tag team action.
CheMateo

Postby bluewagon » Tue May 04, 2010 11:42 am

Hero/Bonham will probably be before the final tag match so that both teams get to have a break, but aside from that i'd expect all DDT matches. Silverback did say "matches", though.
bluewagon

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue May 04, 2010 5:38 pm

5 more days baby!!!
Lets go Briscoes!!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed May 05, 2010 5:09 am

Yeah I'm ready for the show too
Souf Centrol

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Not that anyone really cares, but since I have received a couple messages asking about it: There won't be a DDT4 "hype video" from me this year. Short story short, things didn't work out with getting the voice-over recorded for it. And since the idea I had for it wouldn't have worked without it, I've decided to scrap it this year. Not like any of these shows even need them anymore though.
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 pm

sucks about no hype video this time around, I've always enjoyed those, they always get me excited for the show

anyways, hate to sound negative, I really hope this show has no changes, besides the Briscoes probably no showing but hopefully they don't and this will be the 1st DDT4 to have no changes to the card
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, if you count the PAC in BOLA 2008 thing, there has never been a PWG tournament without changes somewhere or another. But I think this show has a good chance at breaking that streak.

The Briscoes do worry me though, history seems to be against them showing up here. For example, they have never made it to consecutive PWG events, they have never made a PWG show the day after an ROH show etc. But to PWG's credit this show is set up in such a way where the Briscoes could no show and it wouldn't really hurt the show. Like... there are no brackets to ruin, KAMIKAZE advancing to the 2nd round wouldn't bother anyone, and best of all they probably will have quality wrestlers available to fill in if need be.

Briscoes or no Briscoes, I do think this show will end up far exceeding a lot of people's expectations. I'm just a little pissed that I can't be there myself.
TigerDriver98

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 am

I just got my ticket last night and was surprised that there was still front row tickets available. Sunday shows suck. I bet there is gonna be a lot of empty seats..
ESPINOZA316

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Thu May 06, 2010 10:26 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:I just got my ticket last night and was surprised that there was still front row tickets available. Sunday shows suck. I bet there is gonna be a lot of empty seats..

yeah I'm not gonna be able to go wish it was on friday or saturday
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Message for tigerdriver98 from Max Buck:

@GenMeMax Someone tell TigerDriver98 he should make a music video featuring our entire run as PWG tag team champs(which will continue after sunday)

Www.twitter.com/GenMeMax
Souf Centrol

Postby jacob_burman » Thu May 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Message for tigerdriver98 from Max Buck:

@GenMeMax Someone tell TigerDriver98 he should make a music video featuring our entire run as PWG tag team champs(which will continue after sunday)

http://Www.twitter.com/GenMeMax

LMFAO they would haha.

But I dunno, a lot of people are talking about the show and excited for it. Even if it is a Sunday, I expect a lot of people to come to the door and want to buy tickets last minute. Maybe not AS packed as the shows before, but a good showing nonetheless.
jacob_burman

Postby iamawesome » Fri May 07, 2010 2:53 am

Please make that music video "Mmm Bop"
iamawesome

Postby El Asian » Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 pm

iamawesome wrote:

Please make that music video "Mmm Bop"

although that would make sense, the problem is that YouTube would remove the song from the video due to legal reasons
El Asian

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 pm

For those that will not be at the show, I should (phone connection in the building pending) be tweeting the results on twitter. So for those who want minute by minute results, follow me:
jacob_burman

And sometime Monday night (probably crashing at my friend's house on Sunday who has no internet) I should have some descriptive results on the site I write at.
jacob_burman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum