DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Competitors Announced!

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:
Don't play lol

We should all meet up before the show and blaze. I know I'm trying to get in line early. Key word trying lol

*Insert Stereotype joke here* lol ^

Hell if thats the case on a Session, we all should bring some peace pipes haha

I mostly smoke blunts
Souf Centrol

DDT4 Non-Tournament Bout Announced!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:05 pm

DDT4 Non-Tournament Bout Announced!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

April 21, 2010 - On Sunday, May 9 (at 5:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, tickets on sale now!) at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero will take on the not-so-new guy Brandon Bonham in singles action! Though these two top-flight competitors are products of the Midwest independent professional wrestling scene, DDT4 will mark their first ever singles meeting! As a former world champion, Chris Hero is still biding his time for his rematch with the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion (dating back to Hero's defeat at the hands of "American Dragon" Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson at Guerre Sans Fronti
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby BadFurDay » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Damn you Silverback, putting the words American Dargon Bryan Danielson in bold gave me false hopes for a second :cry:

Hero vs Bonham sounds like harmless fun. And yes for Hero being back, it's always a great thing. Now the question is, face or heel? Elbowish, technical, goofy, which Hero will we get?
BadFurDay

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Nice. Bonham gets the rub from some upper card guys, and Hero is in action! I'll take it.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Meltman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:47 am

HUGE match for Bonham, and it's great to see Hero's name on the card. This match should be off the charts, Bonham is very underrated.

So no Joey or Gatson? Very odd.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:05 am

For some reason at this moment in time Hero vs Bonham does not really appeal to me and I am a fan of both wrestlers. Hopefully at the show they will end up having a terrific match and I will have been apathetic for nothing.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:17 am

I think Hero vs. Bonham will be pretty good. Hero should bring the best out of the not-so-new guy.

Meltman wrote:So no Joey or Gatson? Very odd.

Well... it could be a smart move for them to keep some guys off the card, and have them standing by as "DDT4 Alternates" in case someone can't make the show.
TigerDriver98

Postby jacob_burman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:03 pm

BadFurDay wrote:Damn you Silverback, putting the words American Dargon Bryan Danielson in bold gave me false hopes for a second :cry:

same here lol. Thought it would be strange that WWE would let Danielson do an Indy show lol.
jacob_burman

Postby JAG » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:46 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
BadFurDay wrote:Damn you Silverback, putting the words American Dargon Bryan Danielson in bold gave me false hopes for a second :cry:

same here lol. Thought it would be strange that WWE would let Danielson do an Indy show lol.

Lets get it straight its Daniel Bryan now :roll: lol
JAG

Postby BillJames » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 pm

JAG wrote:
jacob_burman wrote:

Lets get it straight its Daniel Bryan now :roll: lol

it will never be Daniel Bryan to me

it will always be Bryan Danielson to me
BillJames

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Yeah I think Hero vs bohnam will be a good match, can't wait to give bohnam shit lol

This makes me think they migh announce another match
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:25 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
fatallylost wrote:I may take you up on that offer. Let me know when you're going to get yours. I tend to check this board once, or twice a day, depending on what's going on.

sounds good. I'll probably get them on Thursday or Friday depending on if I can get to the bank on Thursday.

So, I'm gonna take you up on the offer, if possible. Just let me know through a pm on here if you got them or not. If you can't grab one for me, no sweat, I'll find my way there, you know this.
fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 am

cobystag wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Well think about it, there have been a lot of surprises in PWG already, and they tend to add a great WTF to the show. Like when Cabana returned, we didn't know he was going to be there, he just was, same thing at Kurt Russellreunion when London/Kendrick reunited. It adds more to the show. And with people thinking oh well he's not going to be there because of so and so and then bam he's there would add such a great highlight.

I'm not trying to intentionally ruin your opinion, but both of those examples you gave aren't valid.

Cabana was released by WWE the day before the PWG show so they wouldn't have been able to advertise him at all.

London/Kendrick reunited solely due to Chuck Taylor not being able to get a flight out to California.

It took bad luck for the surprises you mentioned, not forth-right planning to try and surprise the PWG audience.

How are they not valid? They were still surprises, bad luck or not. The point and key word being "SURPRISE". It was unexpected, unseen, etc.

I'm really amazed at how many say they want PAC here but how quickly they shoot down the secondary idea. I mean seriously regardless of advertising, sometimes surprises at a show are not far fetched ideas.

PWG seems notorious for having surprises as I've seen through many of the DVDs. And then even more so by the shows I have attended. I mean not ever mark has to know what is going on behind the scenes and leak everything out. Not to mention only the tournament matches were announced and they said some non tournament matches might take place.

Everyone has simply just written it off. I would really like to see PAC, as well as others, I'm still saying it's a possibility. If they can change or add a match, hell then anything is possible. If PWG is listening and wants to make it happen they will. And if they want to keep it a secret, they can. So I still have hopes for it, period.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 am

Souf Centrol wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:
Don't play lol

We should all meet up before the show and blaze. I know I'm trying to get in line early. Key word trying lol

*Insert Stereotype joke here* lol ^

Hell if thats the case on a Session, we all should bring some peace pipes haha

I mostly smoke blunts

I rip bongs! Either way we'll be smiling at the show haha

And I was wondering the same thing about Joey and Gatson, but someone made a great point about the alternates. I hope this years DDT4 is as great as last years was. I was literally holding onto my seat during that whole show because it was so chaotically wonderful!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:I rip bongs! Either way we'll be smiling at the show haha

And I was wondering the same thing about Joey and Gatson, but someone made a great point about the alternates. I hope this years DDT4 is as great as last years was. I was literally holding onto my seat during that whole show because it was so chaotically wonderful!!!!

From ear to ear
Souf Centrol

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

Hero (vs) Bonham??... interesting.
I hope this wont be the only non-tournement match....
Hopefully, Hero will be selling some merchandise. I've been wanting
to buy the blue CH shirt for a while. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Meltman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:I hope this years DDT4 is as great as last years was. I was literally holding onto my seat during that whole show because it was so chaotically wonderful!!!!

I think it may end up even better than last year's. When the BOLA lineup was announced people weren't impressed, but it was the best show last year. DDT4 should be amazing, hope they all bring their A-game.
Meltman

DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 pm

DDT4 First Round Matches Announced! Brackets Unknown!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

April 23, 2010 - In just over two weeks, eight tag teams will meet at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 with the winners claiming (or retaining) the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship! Wait, two weeks? We should really get around to announcing the first round then. But since simply announcing the tournament brackets would be too easy, we've decided to mix things up this year: the tournament brackets will remain a mystery until the second round of the tournament is ready to actually take place!

With no tournament brackets announced in advance, this means that the tournament competitors will have an extremely difficult time preparing for their matches beyond the First Round. On the surface, this wrinkle may seem to favor the more experienced duos in the tournament, since their teamwork is a major factor in their success. However, that is not always the case, since the impromptu team of "American Dragon" Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson and Roderick "Strong Rod" Strong made it all the way to the DDT4 Finals in 2009, thanks in large part to their individual abilities, but also their opponents' inability to prepare. Will the brackets going unannounced level the playing field at DDT4? The best way to find out is by being at American Legion Post #308 in person on Sunday, May 9! Get your tickets now!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 will feature:

DDT4 First Round Match/Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks/Generation Me (Matt & Nick Jackson/Jeremy & Max Buck) vs. Johnny Goodtime & Jerome "LTP" Robinson

DDT4 First Round Match
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. KAMIKAZE (Akira Tozawa & YAMATO)

DDT4 First Round Match
"The Professional" Scott Lost & Chuck Taylor vs.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Postby CheMateo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:42 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:DDT4 First Round Match
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. KAMIKAZE (Akira Tozawa & YAMATO)
YEAH! I got what I wanted. Bloody hell, it is going to suck seeing one of those two teams out after the first round. Bittersweet.
CheMateo

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Postby jacob_burman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Cutlers don't get Bucks in the first round, but they go against my dark horse, damn. Briscoes show, that will be one hell of an opening round match, though.
jacob_burman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum