Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Titannica on Saturday, April 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Titannica on Saturday, April 10!

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 am

r1wchamp wrote:I can understand no Chuckie T, but no Lost?? That's ludacris! lol. No Kendrick either.

Lost posted on his Twitter account that he will be out of town during this show. As for Chuck Taylor and Brian Kendrick, perhaps they are booked somewhere else on the 10th. This doesn't seem like a date that PWG had booked too far in advance, it originally being the date of a canceled ROH show and all.
TigerDriver98

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 am

Card looks fun!!! Generico/ London match and the Ryan/ Von Eerie match look great!

LOL @ the Space Orphans comment in there though hahahahahah Only PWG would create such a brilliant introduction!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 am

Titannica! One of the best Mr. Show skits ever!

I think a lot of us are sleeping on this card. Yeah, it's not star-studded, but each of these matches could be great-to-awesome.

Davey vs. Strong - Fuck, didn't expect this to happen to soon but I'm AMPED for this. Their match at Threemendous II was my favorite of the whole show. Really looking for this in a major way. I expect them to up the ante big-time.

Bucks vs. Briscoes - I'll admit, I'm not the biggest Briscoes fan, but this could be awwwesome. The Bucks in Reseda are better than the Bucks anywhere else, and the fans haven't seen Briscoes in a long time so the heat should be off the roof. I hope the Briscoes make it and put on an awesome match.

Generico vs. London - Holy shit! I figured London would remain a "rare appearance" guy, but him appearing on this card, in a singles match nonetheless, is sweet! I'm looking forward to this more than anything else on the show, simply because it's a first time match-up and could be incredible. Hope London brings his A-game for this.

Cutlers vs. Goodtime/LTP - Fine match, and a fine exhibition. This match was bound to happen in tag form since the teams have faced off a bunch in multi-man formats. I'm also real happy to hear DDT4 is coming back for sure, so awesome. This match should be killer.

Joey vs. Von Eerie - I'll admit, I'm really interested in this. Von Eerie is quickly making a name for herself and Joey is on fire right now in PWG. He's just awesome. Chuck Taylor vs. Candice from '08 was one of my favorite PWG matches that year, so maybe this will be too.

Gatson vs. Taylor - This is my dark horse match for the night. These 2 know each other really well. Former partners, they've had many matches in SoCal. I hope both are given time to impress. This match could boost Ryan Taylor in a big way.

Bonham vs. Jackson - Odd match to say the least. I figured Bonham would be facing some bigger name guys like he was before leaving, but can't complain about this. Heard CK Jackson showed plenty potential as a heel, so if he plays that angle it should be a fine match.

Sucks about no Lost and Chucky T, but I think this will still be a really good show.
Meltman

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:41 am

Anybody else find it strange that this is the third show (second with a title match) that Chris Hero doesn't get a rematch? I was ok with Richards getting the match w/ Omega because he won his match at KRM, but Hero should have challenged Richards at this show. I would guess that Hero is booked and that is why Strong got the nod. Hopefully Hero gets a shot at the nexy show.
kikrusher99

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah, he's gotta be unavailable. I hope we see both Hero vs. Davey and Hero vs. Omega before long.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Yeah I can't wait for the show, I'm getting my tickets tuesday
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:12 pm

The card looks great, I'm happy that Paul London is back, he is one of the best out there. Not every card should have big ROH names on it, a small local card like this is perfect. This is exactly what PWG should do, promote and push younger talent. These guys are good wrestlers and they bust their ass and PWG is a perfect place for the younger talent to get better and better. Very good move by PWG to book a more local card.
krayzie Bone

Postby Chris Bosh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Why cant you give us at least a poster?

The card is a 7 out of 10!!

Roddy is too flat for me to have him in the Main Event, Davey retains...

Sorry to know that Lost is going to miss this one :(
Chris Bosh

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Chris Bosh wrote:Why cant you give us at least a poster?

The card is a 7 out of 10!!

Roddy is too flat for me to have him in the Main Event, Davey retains...

Sorry to know that Lost is going to miss this one :(

Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Not every card should have big ROH names on it, a small local card like this is perfect.

IDK about that statement there...... Big ROH names? I know most of these guys started in PWG and then went to ROH. So I don't even see ROH really in the same ball park honestly. This is why PWG is the Premier West Coast Company, because a lot of the guys started there first.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby tmac9311 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 am

nothing on this card looks bad, I even think most of it should be good, it's just unfortunate that the first thing you noticed after reading through the whole thing is who ISN'T there. No Lost, Chuck T, Kendrick, Omega, Hero, Cabana. I hope Ryan Taylor and CK Jackson can be big time players, cause they have to step up for who's not there. This is the biggest card for all the young guys in the company. Make it or break it time for a lot of them I think. Hopefully that mind set motivates the guys to give one hell of a show, to show we don't need all the big indy names to make PWG great.
tmac9311

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 am

I hope Taylor vs. Gatson is real good. I like how they are really pushing Brandon Gatson. He gets better everytime. London/Generico and Strong/Davey look like the ones to steal the show. Briscoes/Bucks might be good too but not a big fan of the briscoes. Its same old shit vs. same old shit if you ask me...
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:53 am

zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:I hope Taylor vs. Gatson is real good.

It should be, especially if Taylor plays heel.

I hope Bonham, Gatson and Taylor start facing fly-ins soon. Could make for some really good matches while boosting these guys at the same time.
Meltman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 am

Meltman wrote:
I hope Bonham, Gatson and Taylor start facing fly-ins soon. Could make for some really good matches while boosting these guys at the same time.

Yup. All three of those guys have been having great matches. I think Gatson's match with Lost was really good, the two Brandons were good together at KRM, and Taylor has got some great intensity as a heel. Its time to let them wet their feet with the out of town guys.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Vinniejames » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am

Taylor's style is starting to remind me of a young CM Punk.
Vinniejames

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 pm

I am hyped up for this card. Buying my tickets today.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
Meltman wrote:

Yup. All three of those guys have been having great matches. I think Gatson's match with Lost was really good, the two Brandons were good together at KRM, and Taylor has got some great intensity as a heel. Its time to let them wet their feet with the out of town guys.

yeah, really hope to see a Cutlers vs. Motor City Machine Gun soon, probably at DDT4, as for Bonham and Taylor, I always hoped for a tag match where Bonham teams with Arik Cannon while Taylor teams with Quiet Storm, I know its odd for me to suggest PWG to book Quiet Storm especially in 2010 but Quiet Storm has worked with Taylor in the K-Dojo, so some history similar with Cannon and Bonham
El Asian

Postby Colt Banana » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:26 pm

I actually like the fact that Hero hasn't gotten his rematch. I don't have a problem with him or anything like that, but it might make an interesting storyline with him being pissed that he hasn't gotten his rematch, think of the promos...
Colt Banana

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 pm

First of all don't diss Roderick, he is a main event quality wrestler and ROH is stupid for not making him their champ after all the great matches he had there. Roderick Strong represents strong style innovative wrestling that PWG is known for, so how can anyone say "Roderick is too flat for the main event" what does it even mean?

You guys have to understand something, If Cutlers, Robinson, Taylor, Goodtime, Gatson, Boham and other up and coming wresters stay in opening matches they will never make it. Thats why its awesome that PWG is giving them a push, they will become stars in PWG and will get international exposure. I can totally see Brandon Gatson going to ROH and perhaps even Japan in a not so distant future. These new PWG guys are very talented and they cant be stuck in opening matches forever, this is why I love this card. Give the younger talent the push they need to make it in this business.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:You guys have to understand something, If Cutlers, Robinson, Taylor, Goodtime, Gatson, Boham and other up and coming wresters stay in opening matches they will never make it. Thats why its awesome that PWG is giving them a push, they will become stars in PWG and will get international exposure. I can totally see Brandon Gatson going to ROH and perhaps even Japan in a not so distant future. These new PWG guys are very talented and they cant be stuck in opening matches forever, this is why I love this card. Give the younger talent the push they need to make it in this business.

I think the big issue with the local guys is the fact PWG has put them in the same matches against each other in some form, either in a tag match or a singles match
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum