PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla presents Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on January 30, 2010!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

December 8, 2009 - On January 30, 2010, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, in association with Highspots, will pay tribute to one of the greatest actors of all time with Kurt Russellreunion! Kurt Russellreunion will of course honor Kurt Russell, who has been continually redefining the craft of acting for over forty years. And what better way to venerate the legendary screen idol than with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's biggest event ever!

As you may already know, Kurt Russellreunion will feature some very special guest stars visiting Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, including "The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam, The Great Muta, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Super Crazy! While those four names should be enough to make you shove your grandmother out of the way in order to buy tickets, if you haven't already got yours then you will positively trample Meemaw after you find out what else is happening at Kurt Russellreunion!

The latest match to be announced will feature "The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam, former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero, and 2009 Battle of Los Angeles Finalist Roderick Strong facing off in a Three Way Match honoring Kurt Russell's tour de force performance in Sky High! Plus, already announced for Kurt Russellreunion is a dream singles encounter between a living legend of professional wrestling and future hall of famer, as Jushin Thunder Liger takes on El Generico!

While it was widely believed that Chris Hero would challenge the newly crowned Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Kenny Omega at Kurt Russellreunion, Omega will be representing Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in Japan this winter, and unfortunately will not be a part of our event at Wrestlereunion 4. Instead, he will make his first World Championship Title defense at our February 2010 event. As a former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion, Chris Hero is entitled to a rematch with the current champion, but due to his valiant effort at the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, Roderick Strong is also in line for a title shot. A victory for either man in their Sky High Three-Way Match with Rob Van Dam at Kurt Russellreunion would give either man a gigantic boost heading into a World Championship title match with Kenny Omega in 2010.

Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on January 30, 2010 will include:

Rob Van Dam
    Jushin Thunder Liger
    The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Champions)
    Chris Hero
    Joey Ryan
    KAI (All Japan Pro Wrestling)
    Chuck Taylor
    Johnny Goodtime
    Davey Richards
    Candice LeRae
    Jerome "LTP" Robinson
    The Great Muta
    Super Crazy
    Roderick Strong
    El Generico
    Brandon Gatson
    Brian Kendrick
    "The Professional" Scott Lost
    The Cutler Brothers
    Human Tornado
    Christina Von Eerie
    Malachi "CK" Jackson

Kurt Russellreunion takes place on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at the LAX Hilton as a part of Wrestlereunion 4, presented by Highspots. The LAX Hilton is located at 5711 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90045. Event information is available on the official Kurt Russellreunion mini-site. Ticketing information for Kurt Russellreunion and Wrestlereunion 4 can be found on the official Wrestlereunion 4 website Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby Htornado » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 am

Pretty sweet match. Sucks about Omega though.
Htornado

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 am

Wow. We get to see KAI. Heard he's quite the talent.

Continuing to love how each match will be named after a Kurt Russell movie. The "Sky High" Three-Way sounds awesome! XD
Lord Akiyama

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:24 am

Well, even though this erases my hope for seeing the Chris Hero vs Virgil feud settler on this show, this should be a fun 3-way. I want to see Strong kick RVD in the face for some reason.

Also good to see that the talent list for the PWG and ROH shows do look a lot different. I was afraid guys like Johnny Goodtime would be bumped in favor of Delirious or something.
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:34 am

personally, I would like to see Johnny Goodtime vs. Delirious

anyways, the Sky High 3way match looks awesome but I am surprised the fact Kenny Omega isn't working the PWG show especially since he is scheduled working the ROH show the night before during WrestleReunion 4 but not with PWG, also surprised that Necro Butcher and Colt Cabana aren't wrestling for PWG during WrestleReunion especially the fact both men will be at the ROH show

although I am kinda disappointed PWG didn't use lots of the ROH guys available the night before, part of me is really glad PWG isn't using a lot of them though and focusing on different names to make things unique and different from the ROH plus I for one is glad to see Christina Von Eerie back in PWG and no Jerry Lynn in PWG :D
El Asian

Postby jdrouskirsh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 am

apparently kenny omega won't be at the roh show either... his name was dropped from the list of talent appearing.
jdrouskirsh

Postby The Six » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 am

Another absentee champ. Great.
The Six

Postby Meltman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 am

RVD/Hero/Strong is one of the most weirdly intriguing matches I've seen in a long time. Should be something to see.

Also I'm surprised by the talent list. I was hoping they wouldn't use all the names ROH was booking, but they're using even less guys than I'd predicted.

The Six wrote:Another absentee champ. Great.

Yeah, not a fan of yet another champ missing PWG because of Japan. Hopefully it doesn't happen frequently.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:47 am

The 3 Way seems like an odd combination. I hope it runs smoothly, I almost feel that they might have been better off running a tag match. It's good to see our locals on the show but I wish they would've given Malachi's spot to someone else.

I'd like to see Christina and Candice square off in an intergender tag match.

Regarding Omega's absence, it's only one show. Too soon to start complaining.
CheMateo

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:06 am

All i wanna know is Christina Von Eerie gonna have Buggy with her at ringside? Von Eerie+Buggy=Double shwing!!!
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby Meltman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 am

CheMateo wrote:It's good to see our locals on the show but I wish they would've given Malachi's spot to someone else.

Well, that's nepotism. I'd say openly expect him on shows from now on.
Meltman

Postby mancraig » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 am

It has been announced that Rob Van Dam will be facing Chris Hero on the show.
mancraig

Postby Meltman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:57 am

mancraig wrote:It has been announced that Rob Van Dam will be facing Chris Hero on the show.

PWG_Silverback wrote:The latest match to be announced will feature "The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam, former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero, and 2009 Battle of Los Angeles Finalist Roderick Strong facing off in a Three Way Match honoring Kurt Russell's tour de force performance in Sky High!
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:53 pm

so I've been thinking what other matches PWG can go with now that everyone has been announced it seems, my hopeful matches

The Great Muta vs. Human Tornado

you know, I have no idea why I think this might work but it could be interesting and would give Tornado a huge match for this

Christina Von Eerie and Candice Larae vs. The Cutler Brothers

another weird one I thought of but if you think about it, it could work with Cutlers really getting over as heels

KAI and Super Crazy vs. the Young Bucks for the PWG tag titles

since Super Crazy and KAI have teamed up a few times in AJPW, I say have the Young Bucks defend the tag titles, which they might as well since Kenny Omega won't be at the show and it wouldn't be right for PWG to not have one of their titles defends

Davey Richards vs. Brian Kendrick

with Richards taking on Liger the night before, I think it be perfect for Richards to take on someone well known to the WrestleReunion crowd and for some reason, Brian Kendrick seems like a fitting opponent for Richards after having a match against Liger the night before
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:18 pm

El Asian wrote:The Great Muta vs. Human Tornado
Well that would be another odd pairing. But I just don't see their styles meshing all that well. But who knows?

Christina Von Eerie and Candice Larae vs. The Cutler Brothers

another weird one I thought of but if you think about it, it could work with Cutlers really getting over as heels

KAI and Super Crazy vs. the Young Bucks for the PWG tag titles

since Super Crazy and KAI have teamed up a few times in AJPW, I say have the Young Bucks defend the tag titles, which they might as well since Kenny Omega won't be at the show and it wouldn't be right for PWG to not have one of their titles defends

Davey Richards vs. Brian Kendrick
I like these proposed matches. If the Cutlers were to face Candice & Christina then it could have the potential to get them over as real dick head heels.
CheMateo

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:36 pm

The SKY HIGH 3 WAY looks fun. That should be interesting since RVD has an high flying/ martial arts style compared to the strong styles, Strong and Hero have. Should be great.

Oh and I notice Christina Von Eerie is coming back. I love watching her, she's hot.

So I wonder when they will announce the other matches and filler cards? I'd really like to see how this unfolds.

And yeah I agree with CheMateo, it's only one show and we just got off BOLA. They even said he will be coming back in FEB. I'd rather keep our fun PWG matches for us and not for those conventions with the mainstream marks. With Omega in Japan for a bit he will be representing us over there. Hopefully there will be new videos of him from out there representing PWG and the Title proudly. Who knows, it could also be to bring in some rivals from out there for future PWG shows. Oh I'd love to see that happen. The possibilities.

PWG's show is going to dominate that weekend regardless. I can't wait to celebrate my birthday at a PWG show.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Digging the background picture on the mini-site. What a great roster this show has. XD
Lord Akiyama

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:51 pm

KAI being announced is really awesome. He's All Japan's top Jr and is really underrated. He's never had the high profile matches that American fans want to see in Japanese Jr's, but he's a damn good wrestler.

Him and Crazy vs. The Young Bucks would definitely be awesome.
Kamikaze

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:51 am

After watching the Threemendous II opener again, I hope they haven't decided on not booking Mercury again. If it's a space issue, I understand, but the guy does a lot of little things really well, making for a great slimebag heel. These characters can only help PWG.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:02 am

^ TigerDriver98, JustJay, and myself were his biggest online cheerleaders. So I couldn't agree more. I miss Charles and the level of satisfaction that washed over me when Charles finally returned to PWG was overwhelming . I could be wrong but I thought I heard somewhere that he has some personal issues he needs to take care of. I remember that he was booked on all the M1W Friday Fight Nights but then taken off. Whatever the reason may be, I hope everything works out for him and that we get to see more of Mercury in PWG!
CheMateo

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum