PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby theBZA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Tigerbomb87, I talked to you for a second because we row sham bow to see who would pass through.
theBZA

Postby theBZA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 pm

tigerbomb87 wrote:. Alot of dumb fucks behind the first 3 rows chanting dumb shit. A few folks were saying "liger sucks" i was like wtf are you talking about lol
Yeah, there was. Stupid ass people saying dumb ass shit. There was this asian foo behind saying dumb shit and everyone was like WTF are you talkign about you? My girlfriend told him to shut up.

Some people were actualyl saying, "Liger sucks" wow...
theBZA

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm

theBZA wrote:
tigerbomb87 wrote:. Alot of dumb fucks behind the first 3 rows chanting dumb shit. A few folks were saying "liger sucks" i was like wtf are you talking about lol
Yeah, there was. Stupid ass people saying dumb ass shit. There was this asian foo behind saying dumb shit and everyone was like WTF are you talkign about you? My girlfriend told him to shut up.

Was that the same side with the band?
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Madvillian » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Well, I had a blast at both shows. The ROH show was fun because I got to hang out ringside and bang on the ROH signs on the guardrail. Also I got to meet Necro Butcher. Tornado got the beat down by Steen. Before the match Steen threw his gum at my buddy for making fun of him for dropping it. It was funny, during intermission Hero tweeted that Liger was rockin' out to Smoke on the Water. The 8-man tag war was my favorite match off the 1st card, the Bucks were always impressive and The American Wolves and the Kings of Wrestling tore some shit up. My problem with the PWG show was I didn't think there was enough actual PWG fans in the house, seemed like there were more at the ROH show. Certain chants, like "Fuck the Young Bucks" for example, just didn't take off like they would have with a full PWG crowd. The show was kick ass tho. I loved the Bucks going from heel to super heel by changing to Generation Me full time. Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards really started the pace for the night. Liger and Generico was an instant classic. It was very cool to see Muta in person, that felt like an honor to me. The tag match was pretty sweet too. When the crowd started yelling, "Let's go London" I started the, "Let's go Kendrick" follow up chant, I thought that was fun. The main event was awesome too. Strong and Hero were very stiff on RVD, I don't think he was expecting it, but he took everything and dished out all his spots and made it look good. At the end tho when Hero took the mic, I was hoping he'd say that since he didn't loose to RVD, they had unfinished business and challenge him to a rematch. I think even RVD thought he might be going that way, but the he started talking about the title and RVD just walked outta there. All in all it was worth the drive down from Olympia,WA. Shout out to Souf Centrol, real cool dude. "Where's our shirts?!"lol
Madvillian

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Madvillian wrote:Well, I had a blast at both shows. The ROH show was fun because I got to hang out ringside and bang on the ROH signs on the guardrail. Shout out to Souf Centrol, real cool dude. "Where's our shirts?!"lol

Yeah man I have alot of fun banging on the rails, my girl said the guys behind us couldn't see that's why she kept telling me to sit down lol And I'm so serious about chanting "where's our shirts" at every event, maybe I can get excaliber to go off on me. It would be hilarious but hopefully he get's the point.

But yeah you and kikrusher are cool as shit, let me know whenever ya'll come down again
Souf Centrol

Postby Fawrules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Well with the card PWG had there show should have been better than ROH's, and while it was I think ROH did a good job with the card they had.
Fawrules

Postby tigerbomb87 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:22 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
theBZA wrote:

Was that the same side with the band?

yea i was on that side.
tigerbomb87

Postby Peace » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Best part of the show was the Mist to Shining Wizard transition. Haven't leapt of my seat like that in years.

Highlights of the day include meeting Dan Severn and going up to his hotel room with him to purchase some merch, walking behind Ron Simmons (DAMN!) to Carls Jr only for him to walk out immediately after entering due to being disgusted by the presence of marks, fat dorky TNA mark hitting on my friend ("Yeah there are") and buying Sunny and Terri Runnels drinks at the bar while they sat there with an auction winner and then chatting with them for a good chunk of time afterwards.

Bang.

P.S. I WANNA GET HIGH FUCKED UP AND DIE!!!!
Peace

Postby er0k » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:02 am

the pwg show was ok for me. the venue felt to big with wwe & tna marks. i can not fucking believe anyone would chant "lyger sucks", what a complete fucking moron. my row sucked, in front of me was some jackass taking pictures every 10 seconds(i wish i was exaggerating, but im not) and holding up his camera obstructing the view for me and the peeps behind me. then i had the idiots like 3 rows back chanting rvd every 2 minutes. ive been going to pwg since "are you adequately prepared to rock" and i have to say i love the small venues , plus love getting smashed at the legion hall.
er0k

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 am

The crowd was very weird. The PWG crowd likes to do funny chants and goof on the wrestlers, and other people couldn't get it. I also think the PWG regulars gave the ROH guys a lot of shit, but I guess that is to be expected.

There was definitely a segment of fans who were there just because it came with their admission to the con, and were either silent or loud and obnoxious because they were drinking and didn't know the product. I like RVD as much as the next guy, but I didn't join his chants because it was time to cheer the guys who are always there, like Hero and Roderick. However, the TNA/WWE segment of the crowd definitely liked RVD.

The band was so weird. I got the song stuck in my head, but someone needs to teach them about timing. While RVD was leaving, Chris Hero had the mic and was ready to cut his promo, but the stupid band WOULD NOT STOP PLAYING. It was super irritating.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Be realistic here, the band was aweful. ROH show sucked, the main event was good but the rest of the show was aweful. I mean it was one of the weaker ROH shows I've seen in quiet a bit. PWG show was good, pretty much every match was good, but I definately have seen better PWG shows. Kurt Russellreunion couldn't touch BOLA night 2 I'm glad Paul London replaced Chuck Talylor thou, I can't believe some fans were upset because of that. I mean Paul London is like ten times better then Chuck, but I guess comedy fans love their goofy Chuck Taylor.

The atmosphere at the shows sucked, bunch of sports entertainment fans who knew nothing about wrestling. Thank God for PWG fans otherwise it would be real shitty. I'm glad that PWG fans shitted on ROH too, West Coast baby. LOL

Some fans at the show were gay as hell too, a dude behind me kept saying Hero sucks, during the ROH main event, I turned around and told him "IF Hero sucks how come this is the best match of the night?" To that a dude replied "I don't like him as a person", I was like dude are you gonna fucking marry him? We are here to watch wrestling not examine wrestler's personalities, gay shit I swear God.

As far as RVD goes, he had a good match, nothing special, for that much money you can book some awesome east coast guys like Mike Quackanbush multiple times, I mean I can name at least 5 PWG regulars who are better then RVD.

Anyways these are my thoughts.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 pm

yeah, the crowd was odd, but personally, I don't see why people complaining about drunk assholes at the place since I'd say its just the same drunk assholes at Kurt Russellreunion that have been at the Reseda place pretty much doing the same thing they have been doing

as for the TNA and WWE marks appearing at the show, I expected that honestly and really, I think the whole point of the show was for PWG to gain some new fans, which I thought they succeeded at
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:The crowd was very weird. The PWG crowd likes to do funny chants and goof on the wrestlers, and other people couldn't get it. I also think the PWG regulars gave the ROH guys a lot of shit, but I guess that is to be expected.

Yeah we were chanting PWG every chance we got, a couple of them I started lol We went hard for the PWG guys on friday, had to show them some respect and show this is PWG's town

er0k wrote:i have to say i love the small venues , plus love getting smashed at the legion hall.

I do as well, I can't wait to go back to reseda. THe fucking security kept telling me to sit down which pissed me off because I wasn't blocking anybody's view...I don't think lol plus I miss my pitcher of beer, that 6 dollar beer was blowing me. Made me not drink as much

krayzie Bone wrote:Be realistic here, the band was aweful. ROH show sucked,

Some fans at the show were gay as hell too, a dude behind me kept saying Hero sucks, during the ROH main event, I turned around and told him "IF Hero sucks how come this is the best match of the night?" To that a dude replied "I don't like him as a person", I was like dude are you gonna fucking marry him? We are here to watch wrestling not examine wrestler's personalities, gay shit I swear God.

The thing I liked the most about the ROH show was I got to bang on the rails, I didn't even have front row but stayed at the rails with kikrusher and madvillian all night

As far as Hero, I was sitting in front of a hero hater and when they came out he was like "I don't know who to cheer for" I turned around and said "all of them" then he says "fuck hero" I was going to say "fuck YOU" but me and my girl just cheered extra hard for hero to try and piss him off lol
Souf Centrol

Postby Left Of The Dial » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 pm

The "Let's go Hero" vs "R-V-D" chant was definitely one of the most memorable parts of the night for me.
Left Of The Dial

Postby deadmandevilman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:12 am

Souf Centrol wrote:
El Hijo del Generico wrote:The crowd was very weird. The PWG crowd likes to do funny chants and goof on the wrestlers, and other people couldn't get it. I also think the PWG regulars gave the ROH guys a lot of shit, but I guess that is to be expected.

Yeah we were chanting PWG every chance we got, a couple of them I started lol We went hard for the PWG guys on friday, had to show them some respect and show this is PWG's town

er0k wrote:i have to say i love the small venues , plus love getting smashed at the legion hall.

I do as well, I can't wait to go back to reseda. THe fucking security kept telling me to sit down which pissed me off because I wasn't blocking anybody's view...I don't think lol plus I miss my pitcher of beer, that 6 dollar beer was blowing me. Made me not drink as much

The thing I liked the most about the ROH show was I got to bang on the rails, I didn't even have front row but stayed at the rails with kikrusher and madvillian all night

As far as Hero, I was sitting in front of a hero hater and when they came out he was like "I don't know who to cheer for" I turned around and said "all of them" then he says "fuck hero" I was going to say "fuck YOU" but me and my girl just cheered extra hard for hero to try and piss him off lol

not trying to hate but on night one, ROH's show you and some other people were totally blocking the view of us who were sitting behind. We could still see, but it made it much harder. No beef no beef.
deadmandevilman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:59 pm

I was way in some Hero chants. Who goes to an ROH/PWG show and doesn't cheer Hero? He fucking owns.

When Davey accidentally broke a camera on night one, Hero gave the camera man some shit and the dude moped off. It was funny that he got shit from a heel and took it seriously.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby evilgenius » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:

Unlike Reseda, you could bring your own alcohol in and completely bypass the bar. That's what i did.
evilgenius

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:34 pm

evilgenius wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:

Unlike Reseda, you could bring your own alcohol in and completely bypass the bar. That's what i did.

That's what I should have done but I didn't want to be drinking on warm beer
Souf Centrol

Postby evilgenius » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Haha. A Big ziplock bag or two full of ice and beer is my suggestion. It works like a charm!
evilgenius

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Apparently Scott Lost and Scorpio Sky were impressive enough in the ROH show because they've been booked for their WrestleMania weekend shows in Phoenix.
Lord Akiyama

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum