PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 pm

CheMateo wrote:^ TigerDriver98, JustJay, and myself were his biggest online cheerleaders. So I couldn't agree more. I miss Charles and the level of satisfaction that washed over me when Charles finally returned to PWG was overwhelming . I could be wrong but I thought I heard somewhere that he has some personal issues he needs to take care of. I remember that he was booked on all the M1W Friday Fight Nights but then taken off. Whatever the reason may be, I hope everything works out for him and that we get to see more of Mercury in PWG!

Agreed 100% with everything you said.

Plus, with MOLMF seemingly about to dissolve, we need "LeChuck" around to keep the references afloat!
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

It seems Steen is no longer on the lineup, though still on the KRM background.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Meltman wrote:It seems Steen is no longer on the lineup, though still on the KRM background.

yeah, he's not listed on the ROH website but Kenny Omega is listed on there weirdly enough, hopefully something can be cleared up though

and also, Jimmy Hart is being brought in as a special vendor guest from Highspots, I don't know if it could happen but PWG could have Jimmy Hart manage a wrestler for one match, maybe the Young Bucks or Human Tornado
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:12 pm

A live Excalibur/Jimmy Hart exchange could be the greatest thing ever.

Wonder when the next update will be?
Meltman

Postby ninjaskrzypek » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Meltman wrote:A live Excalibur/Jimmy Hart exchange could be the greatest thing ever.

Wonder when the next update will be?

Not soon enough
ninjaskrzypek

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:33 pm

well Steen has been injured, so there's a good chance he'll take time off and if that does happen, I wonder if PWG will arrange any matches they had planned for Steen or find a replacement for him, probably just arrange matches most likely
El Asian

Postby npdavis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:37 pm

CheMateo wrote:Unlawful Entry

If this isn't used, I'll be sad.
npdavis

Postby tigerbomb87 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm driving all the way from San Francisco for this event. I know its going to be one of th best shows i've ever seen.
tigerbomb87

Postby Madvillian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

San Francisco? I'm driving down from Olympia, WA. This is going to be the best weekend of wrestling EVER! Can't wait for the next update!
Madvillian

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Ya'll 2 are coming a long way, I'm glad I stay somewhat close and it won't take me that long to get there. Its closer than the reseda venue is. I need to hurry up and get my tickets. Damn christmas...smh
Souf Centrol

Postby Peace » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm coming from Echo Park. fuck the both of yas.
Peace

Postby tigerbomb87 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 am

I hope to see you guys there and grab some beers and talk wrestling. Dragging the GF with me because i want her to experience some good wrestling ONCE in her life. Do you guys know what seating will be like and how many people will be there? Also never been to a PWG show before, but to an RoH one(malice at the palace). Thanks
tigerbomb87

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:09 pm

normally, a PWG show would have around 300 to 500 people at least but since the show is in a very different venue under very different circumstances, I have no clue how big it is at the LAX Hilton for wrestling and there are probably some newer fans unfamiliar with PWG in attendance as well

now a match I've been suggesting for PWG as of late but not in this thread and it would be the perfect opening match for Kurt Russellreunion

The Fox and The Hound Eight-Man Tag Match
Jerome "LTP" Robinson, Johnny Goodtime, Malachi "CK" Jackson, and Ryan Taylor vs. Willie Mack, Johnny Yuma, Chimaera, and Jaysin Strife

now if Jaysin Strife isn't in town during Kurt Russellreunion, then I guess replace him with another local guy like Peter Avalon or something, now some of the other matches I have suggested earlier but now I figured what Kurt Russell movie to name the matches

Unlawful Entry Intergender Tag Match
Christina Von Eerie and Candice Larae vs. The Cutler Brothers (Brandon and Dustin Cutler)

Tequila Sunrise PWG World Tag Titles Match
Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) (c) vs. Super Crazy and KAI

not sure what matches you have for Muta, I was thinking Great Muta takes on Davey Richards instead while Kendrick takes on Human Tornado instead
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:10 am

Been almost 2 weeks since an update. Strike while the iron is hot, PWG!
Meltman

PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla presents Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on January 30, 2010!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

December 22, 2009 - With January 30, 2010 just over a month away, we are pleased to announce the next two matches that will be taking place at Kurt Russellreunion, live at the LAX Hilton as a part of Wrestlereunion 4, presented by Highspots!

Escape From LA Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. Human Tornado & Chuck Taylor (Challengers)

-- At the conclusion of the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, newly crowned Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Kenny Omega gave an earnest and emotional speech about how much winning the tournament meant to him, and how Pro Wrestling Guerrilla was such a great place to wrestle (obviously not great enough *cough*DDT*cough*). Omega also mentioned that despite their in-ring rivalry, he and the World Tag Team Champion Young Bucks had become friends thanks to the amount of time spent traveling together, and how knowing and competing against the Bucks made Omega a better wrestler. When it came time for Matt and Nick Jackson to congratulate Kenny Omega on winning the title and the tournament, they did the unthinkable and attacked Omega, who just finished wrestling his third brutal match of the night. Clearly, the friendship between Omega and the Bucks was a one-way street, and with Omega's tag team partner Chuck Taylor absent that night, things were looking dire for the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion.

However, just when it seemed that it could get no worse for Kenny Omega, some unlikely saviors appeared: Colt Cabana, Rick Knox, and El Generico. These three men, arch rivals of Omega' in 2009, were able to put their grudges aside and come forward to help battle injustice, even when fighting on behalf of someone they may not like. Like Batman, Superman, or Animal Man! Having three allies step up like that was an eye opening experience for Kenny Omega, and it was at that moment he knew that The Young Bucks were the biggest threat facing Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, and the very universe itself. That is why Kenny Omega is dedicating himself (from many thousand miles away), and his newfound allies to fighting the scourge of The Young Bucks in 2010!

Wow, that was a lot of recapping. In case that was too much to read, war has been declared within Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Kenny Omega is like Winston Churchill, commanding troops from afar, and The Young Bucks are like Ghengis Khan, leading the Golden Horde into battle themselves. Sorta makes The Young Bucks seem like the good guys, but whatever.

Because he is unable to face The Young Bucks himself, Kenny Omega has asked his staunchest ally, Chuck Taylor, to take on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions in his place. Normally, it is not enough to simply request a title match, which is why Chuck Taylor will team with Human Tornado at Kurt Russellreunion. Because Tornado and El Generico, 2 Skinny Black Guys, are the Number One Contenders for the Tag Team Titles, and El Generico is already set to face Jushin Thunder Liger on January 30, 2010, the Number One Contendership has been transferred to the sole possession of Human Tornado (it was notarized and everything). With this transfer of power, that means that Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks, will be putting their titles on the line against Human Tornado and Chuck Taylor, 2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber at Kurt Russellreunion!

What a convoluted way of saying fans in attendance at Wrestlereunion 4 will be in store for an awesome Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship title match!

Stargate Singles Match
Brandon Bonham vs. Brandon Gatson

-- When word of this match came down from the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors, everyone, and we do mean everyone here at the office was surprised to hear that Brandon Bonham, who took Pro Wrestling Guerrilla by storm in 2008, would be making his long awaited return at Kurt Russellreunion. This is huge news, and cause for celebration! But then we were confused when word came that this match will be "like Scorpion fighting Sub Zero," with no further explanation. Are both of these guys ninjas? Is it because one guy wears yellow and the other guy wears blue (sometimes)? Will this match end in a Fatality? A Friendship? A Bestiality? How about the Board of Directors stick to directing things, and let our department stick to writing things.

While the battle between the New Guy and the Newer Guy is an intriguing subplot in this match, the return of Brandon Bonham is a potentially huge development for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in 2010. When Bonham left after the 2008 Battle of Los Angeles, he had made it to the second round of the tournament where he was defeated by Nigel McGuinness (TNA Wrestling's Desmond Wolfe), but in order to reach that point, Bonham had to defeat Kenny Omega, now current Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion, in the opening round. If Brandon Bonham shows no signs of ring rust after fourteen months away and is able to defeat Brandon Gatson, Bonham could very well be just a match or two away from Number One Contendership, and a rematch with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Kenny Omega.

But it is unfair to let Brandon Bonham's return to the ring overshadow the accomplishments of Brandon Gatson, who after just four months with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, was two victories away from becoming World Champion. After winning the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles Qualifier at Against the Grain, Gatson was able to reach the semifinal round of the tournament, defeating Nick Jackson and Alex Shelley along the way. Though he would eventually be eliminated from the tournament by Roderick Strong, Brandon Gatson was able to defeat two of the biggest names in independent professional wrestling, and in doing so, put the world on notice that he had arrived, and will be a force to be reckoned with in 2010. A victory over a fan favorite like Brandon Bonham would greatly enhance Gatson's standing in the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship title picture, so one would have to imagine that he will go all out at Kurt Russellreunion, especially if it helps him get closer to the prize that eluded him at the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles.

These two phenomenal contests join the two huge matches already announced for Kurt Russellreunion:

Sky High Three-Way Match
Chris Hero vs. Roderick Strong vs. "The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam

Big Trouble in Little China Singles Match
El Generico vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Kurt Russellreunion takes place on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at the LAX Hilton as a part of Wrestlereunion 4, presented by Highspots. The LAX Hilton is located at 5711 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90045. Event information is available on the official Kurt Russellreunion mini-site. Ticketing information for Kurt Russellreunion and Wrestlereunion 4 can be found on the official Wrestlereunion 4 website Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Bonham is back! What a nice surprise. I didn't think that we'd ever see him back.
TigerDriver98

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 pm

wow! very surprised to see Bonham back, glad he is though, missed seeing him in PWG :). Also noticed that the name of the tag team championship match is "escape from L.A." possibly hinting at the very possible departure of the bucks to tna.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Brandon Bonham! Yes! Somehow deep down inside I knew he would return to PWG. Believe it or not this is the match I wanted Brandon Bonham to make his return in. The New Guy vs. The Newer Guy just puts a smile on my face. A crowd divided? I think so.
OSKMIA

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Bonham right on! Him and Gatson are going to have a great show, plus im pumped about the possible new tag champs.
Also noticed that Kevin Steen is listed again on the mini site, I hope he's back for good
PWGnorthern

Postby Meltman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Wow, I definitely did NOT expect Bonham's name on a card ever again. I saw a good handful of his matches from '08 and enjoyed them greatly. This is a really great match and I'm seriously pumped for it.

As for 2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber...words can't do justice to how amazing, AMAZING the combination of Taylor and Tornado can be for the indy wrestling world. Generico used his shot with Steen and now Tornado uses his with Chuckie T. Brilliant.

[quote=CrOwNMeKiNG23]Also noticed that the name of the tag team championship match is "escape from L.A." possibly hinting at the very possible departure of the bucks to tna.[/quote]
Wow, good eye. That's either a mere coincidence or some cruel foreshadowing.

[PWGnorthern]Also noticed that Kevin Steen is listed again on the mini site, I hope he's back for good[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if the rival promotion asked them to remove Steen to sell their own angle.
Meltman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum