DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale at 99 & 100!

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 am

As long as they finally pull the trigger on Bucks vs. Generico/Steen (which was supposed to happen over 6 months ago), I don't care what else is booked. But that is a must.
Meltman

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale Tuesday!

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:31 am

After last night, there should be a subtitle to the show.

DDT4: The Bryan Danielson Birthday Bash
Lord Akiyama

Postby acidbud » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Yea... I definitely agree with Hart Foundation 2.0. I would also love to see the Briscoes. Either way, this is gonna be a show not to be missed!
acidbud

Postby Zwarrior2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 pm

The 8 teams I would like to see are...

- Young Bucks: Defending the tag belts.
- Strong & Richards: Will another partner bring Roddy another tournament win.
- Steenerico: Finalists from last year.
- Hart Foundation 2.0: Jack was half of the winning team last year.
- Arrogances or Lost & Anderson: Joey has a surprise...what is it.
- Team TWA (Danielson & London): Saved Hero last show.
- Los Luchas: Just because.
- Omega & Ibushi or Taylor: Omega could team with his Japanese man pal or his fellow Generico hater.

Match-ups
- Bucks/Luchas
- Steenerico/Omega & Ibushi or Taylor
- Team TWA/Arrogances or Lost & Anderson
- Strong & Richards/Hart Foundation 2.0
Zwarrior2

Postby Meltman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Teams I'd like to see (realistically):

- Amasis & Ophidian (The Osirian Portal)
- Chris Bosh & Scott Lost (Arrogance)
- Brandon & Dustin Cutler (The Cutler Brothers)
- Bryan Danielson & Paul London
- El Generico & Kevin Steen
- Matt & Nick Jackson (The Young Bucks)
- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor
- Davey Richards & Roderick Strong

Quarterfinals:

- Arrogance vs. Danielson/London
- The Cutler Brothers vs. Richards/Strong
- Generico/Steen vs. Omega/Taylor
- The Osirian Portal vs. The Young Bucks

Semifinals:

- Danielson/London vs. Richards/Strong
- Generico/Steen vs. The Young Bucks

Final:

- Danielson/London vs. The Young Bucks

The Young Bucks end up winning the entire tournament, defending their belts successfully 3 times, solidifying themselves as the greatest PWG World Tag Champs in history.
Meltman

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Teams

1. The Young Bucks

2. Joey Ryan and Scott Lost

3. Roderick Strong and Davey Richards

4. Bryan Danielson and Paul London

5. Kevin Steen and El Generico

6. Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi

7. Los Luchas

8. The Cutlers

I really only included The Cutlers because they're a local team and would help bring down fly in costs, if only a little bit, for this show. They just don't do anything for me, personally. The wrestling is awkward, the spots are fine but there are other teams whose spots are just as good but can keep a match more interesting in the middle portion. Maybe if they wrestled like power wrestlers, since they absolutely tower over just about everyone in PWG, I'd like them more.

Round 1

Bryan Danielson and Paul London def. Joey Ryan and Scott Lost

Young Bucks def. The Cutlers

Roderick Strong and Davey Richards def. Los Luchas

Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi def. El Steenerico

Round 2

Bryan Danielson and Paul London def. The Young Bucks

Roderick Strong and Davey Richards def. Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi

Finals

Bryan Danielson and Paul London def. Roderick Strong and Davey Richards

Unless the belts are on the line during the tournament, I would really like to see the Bucks lose early, and to the eventual winner. It would make for a very, very heated Tag Title match (Probably at the Anniversary show), and it's still weird to me to see The Young Bucks defeat all these great teams. They're not indestructable, they need to lose and show vulnerability. If you build them up too much, it kind of becomes unbelievable when someone DOES beat them. And really, if you beat MCMG, Richards and Davey, and Danielson and London, who the hell is going to believably beat you? Plus they make beating London/Danielson a bigger deal than it already is.

That and I think these finals would be the better match. But that's more a personal choice than anything. Either way, I can't wait for this year's tournament. They're always very fun.
Matt Flash

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 am

am i wrong in thinking that there has to be at least one non-tournamaent match...right before the finals...
or else whoever wins in second semi-final match will have to wrestle two matches in a row...semis and finals...
i know these guys are workhorses, but realistically you wouldn't want a team to have to wrestle two hard hitting/high flying/high paced/high enegry matches back to back...
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby EvilMerlin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:00 am

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:am i wrong in thinking that there has to be at least one non-tournamaent match...right before the finals...
or else whoever wins in second semi-final match will have to wrestle two matches in a row...semis and finals...
i know these guys are workhorses, but realistically you wouldn't want a team to have to wrestle two hard hitting/high flying/high paced/high enegry matches back to back...

I'm guessing they'll either have Chris Hero fight a title match right before the final, or still have the 8 Man losers tag match. Or both even.

7 matches for the tourney, a singles title fight, and the 8 man losers tag. That'd be nine matches, which is on par for some of their other big shows.
EvilMerlin

DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:30 am

On Friday, May 22, 2009, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, eight of the best tag teams in professional wrestling will collide at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, and tickets for this event are on sale now at the DDT4 Mini-Site! Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20!

Not only are tickets for this event for sale on the DDT4 Mini-Site, but the first tag team participating in the tournament has been announced! With Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Commissioner Dino Winwood taking an indefinite leave of absence due to medical complications (his tolerance of lactose, or lack thereof) a shady and mysterious Board of Directors have wrested control from both Commissioner's offices, and are now the sole governing body in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla! Their first official act in control of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla is to name Scott Lost and Joey Ryan, The Dynasty, as the first competitors in this year's DDT4 tournament. After the events that transpired at the end of One Hundred on Sunday night between The Dynasty, Chris Hero, "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson, and "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London it was plain to see that Scott and Joey were attempting to shift the balance of power in their favor, and now as the first tag team entered in DDT4, they have the opportunity to do so!

Be sure to check back on Thursday, April 16 to find out which team will be the next to enter Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 takes place on Friday, May 22, 2009 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/DDT4/. Tickets purchased online will not be mailed, but will be available for pick up prior to the event. Any remaining quantity of tickets available will be sold at the door prior to each event. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Postby Sickler » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 am

Dino and Excalibur no longer...commissioning PWG? I can't wait to see how this plays out at DDT4...
Sickler

Postby Alex08 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 pm

A Team CHIKARA would be awesome! Plus it would be a nice thank you for the Team PWG at the trios tournament. Anything with Mike Quakenbush would be nothing short of amazing!
Alex08

Postby onlxn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Looks like Los Luchas and an Omega/Chuck team have been added.
onlxn

Postby KelSteenerico » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:22 pm

awwwwww. looks like no ibushi :/
KelSteenerico

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Yeah, no Omega/Ibushi is a downer... but perhaps Ibushi wasn't a realistic option for whatever reasons. It's not all bad though, Omega and Chuck as sort of a "coalition to end El Generico" should be pretty fun. Los Luchas are always a good addition as well. I can see Davey/Strong, Cutler Brothers, Bucks, Generico/Steen and London/Danielson being the final teams.

Also I hope PWG announces if this tournament will be for the tag team titles or not. I haven't noticed any references to it being the "Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament" as of yet.
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:52 pm

well I hope PWG brings in Ibushi still, with KUDO instead
El Asian

Postby Htornado » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Here's hoping for a Dark and Lovely reunion. That'd be awesome!
Htornado

DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Next two teams announced!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 pm

On Friday, May 22, 2009, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, eight of the best tag teams in professional wrestling will collide at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, and tickets for this event are on sale now at the DDT4 Mini-Site! Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20!

Joining The Dynasty in this year's DDT4 tournament will be Phoenix Star and Zokre, Los Luchas, and the newly minted tag team of Kenny Omega and Chuck Taylor. As one of the longest standing tag teams in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Los Luchas hope to use DDT4 as an opportunity to inscribe their names in the history books of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla! However, Los Luchas will have their work cut out for them if they come across Kenny Omega and Chuck Taylor in the tournament. United by their mutual hatred of El Generico, it's unclear if Omega and Taylor's hatred of the generic luchador spills over to his Mexican brethren, but either way, when two of the fastest rising stars in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla team up, it's a cause for concern to tag teams around the world!

Team 1 -- The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan)

Team 2 -- Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Team 3 -- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

Check back on Monday, April 20 for more information about Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 takes place on Friday, May 22, 2009 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/DDT4/. Tickets purchased online will not be mailed, but will be available for pick up prior to the event. Any remaining quantity of tickets available will be sold at the door prior to each event. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby KelSteenerico » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I can see Davey/Strong, Cutler Brothers, Bucks, Generico/Steen and London/Danielson being the final teams.

Yeah that looks about right. I think that looks splended imo. Just enough star power and raw talent to produce a great tourney.
KelSteenerico

Postby Zwarrior2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:It's not all bad though, Omega and Chuck as sort of a "coalition to end El Generico" should be pretty fun.

And orphans don't forget them. OMEGA T will not be stopped.
Zwarrior2

Postby KelSteenerico » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Chenny Tamega~!
KelSteenerico

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum