Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Derper » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:22 pm

The East Coast tour was broadcast on Samurai TV a month after the tour, I'm pretty sure they're available on any puro dvd site (I heard the company who taped it didn't have the rights to release it on DVD in the U.S. or something of that sort). I know that Jesrey All-Pro co-promoted the tour, so any idea whose co-promoting this one?
Derper

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Yeah I recall some confusion over the rights and such and I believe somebody foolishly said they were being released when they probably had no right to say so.
Garden State Saint

Postby BrianS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Just watched Steen Wolf. Great show, but for fuck's sake Kyle O'Reilly did nothing but OMG MMA~! strikes until like 14 min into that tag match. Can't he, Richards etc just start their own UWFI-type promotion where they can cosplay UFC instead of ruining my fun with their mouthguards and their serious business? Boring as fuck wanna be tough guys.
BrianS

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:45 pm

BrianS wrote:Just watched Steen Wolf. Great show, but for fuck's sake Kyle O'Reilly did nothing but OMG MMA~! strikes until like 14 min into that tag match. Can't he, Richards etc just start their own UWFI-type promotion where they can cosplay UFC instead of ruining my fun with their mouthguards and their serious business? Boring as fuck wanna be tough guys.

So you thought this match was "boring as fuck"? Im not trying to disrespect you or anything but I thought this was the best match of the night, and Kyle O'Reilly is fucking awesome
eastbay510

Postby BrianS » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

NAh, match was good despite O'Reilley :D
BrianS

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:24 pm

BrianS wrote:Just watched Steen Wolf. Great show, but for fuck's sake Kyle O'Reilly did nothing but OMG MMA~! strikes until like 14 min into that tag match. Can't he, Richards etc just start their own UWFI-type promotion where they can cosplay UFC instead of ruining my fun with their mouthguards and their serious business? Boring as fuck wanna be tough guys.

Have you seen matches of his in other feds you like?
Garden State Saint

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 pm

i like the whole davey richards/kyle o'reilly/fighting spirit thing, but only when it's not over done *cough*ROH*cough*
So Cal Punk

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 pm

I really hate how people say Kyle is a cheap version of Davey, they both have kicks and strikes but they have diffrences to, and I dont think Kyle no-sells nearly as much and dosent do as many fighting spirit spots. Ive heard people say he dosent kick as hard, isnt as bad ass, not everything is nessisarly as crisp, not as muscular, but is that nessisarly bad? Davey comes across (to me anyway) as a complete badass whos gonna kill you, and Kyle to me comes across as more of an underdog, which gives him a dynamic that Davey does not have. If you have been watching ROH this year you will know O'Reilly has been a bright spot on the lackluster undercard this year.
eastbay510

Postby BrianS » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 am

I've only seen O'Reilley and Richards in PWG and ROH. I just don't like their style. It's boring, not entertaining in the least, and definitely not what I watch PWG for. I don't even want to get into the issue of how little talent it takes to kick somebody in the face for real in what's supposed to be fake fighting. Check out the DKP podcast interview with Steen that just came out where he talks about getting worse damage from Davey's kicks than from chairshots. It's maddening.

It's just a matter of personal taste and we can agree to disagree. I just feel like watching these guys today in PWG is like going to a 3 Stooges film festival and somebody airs Requiem for a Dream in the middle of it. :lol: Their boring ROH mma/puro cosplay, to me, just doesn't fit into PWG.
BrianS

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:03 am

Honestly, I'd rather see that style in PWG over ROH. With the tv deal and ippv I am forced to see that style more often. If it were on in PWG, then its prolly less than 20 matches a year I have to sit through.

I'm not a fan of it either but I know many people are. I'm just looking for a way that I dont have constantly see it other than turn the channel or DVD off.
Hawkeye

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:15 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I really hate how people say Kyle is a cheap version of Davey, they both have kicks and strikes but they have diffrences to, and I dont think Kyle no-sells nearly as much and dosent do as many fighting spirit spots.

Just wait until he gets more main event spots.
Garden State Saint

Postby SlayJ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I really hate how people say Kyle is a cheap version of Davey, they both have kicks and strikes but they have diffrences to, and I dont think Kyle no-sells nearly as much and dosent do as many fighting spirit spots.

Just wait until he gets more main event spots.

It's apples and oranges. There's always gonna be people that hate MMA style Pro Wrestlers regardless of how good they are. O'Reilly is an excellent Pro Wrestler that utilizes some realistic MMA style offense into his matches. Not everybody will get it or be on board. Fuck em! There will always be an abundance of guys that DON'T work that style. And that's cool. But if there's a few wrestlers like Davey and Kyle that believe in that gimmick and go for it 100%, I'm on board to watch them succeed. PWG does a tremendous job of getting a wide range of talent on their shows who utilize different styles to stand out in the crowd. And I think Kyle O'Reilly is one of the best up and comers in Pro Wrestling today. I hope he becomes a regular.
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:20 am

The fightinng spirit/MMA style is one of the things that got me into indy wrestling, I do love it, not in every match, but one or two matches is fine. But I think thats one of the things that makes this company so great, it gives so many different guys of every style so many unique matches, and i'll agree to disagree, there really is something for everyone.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:01 pm

The "fighting spirit/MMA style" doesn't fit a 35+ minute time frame, as Final Battle 2011 proved.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:04 pm

you know, I wonder if PWG still plans to reunite Generation Next to face against the Young Bucks and a mystery partner, I guess the only reason they haven't been able to book it would be because Aries signed with TNA but PWG usually brings in Shelley as well Sabin, personally I still hope PWG reunites all 4 original members of GenNext, including Jack Evans, while the Young Bucks teams with 2 other guys, personally I think Marty Jannetty would be perfect to bring since his history with the Bucks and, believe it or not, Chris Masters, since he lives in the area and would probably fit perfectly as the Young Bucks' enforcer as well
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm

If PWG ever brought in all four Generation Next guys that would be cause for me to make a trip out to Reseda.
Garden State Saint

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:32 am

i like chris dickenson mo0re than oreily. he's kind of the same style in the ring but has a goofyness about him that makes him more interesting. what happened to that guy anyways??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Can't quite recall the injury but it was serious enough to put him out for most of 2011.
Garden State Saint

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:59 pm

^ Chris Dickinson is terrible. Shouting is not a gimmick. His shtick got old fast and he can't wrestle for longer than 5 minutes without sucking.

Is it just my computer, or is the Roster page still very un-updated? Still shows Steen as Champ and Bucks as Tag Champs on mine.

Also, on a random note, DGUSA has begun selling PWG DVDs.

Here's the page.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:32 pm

I noticed DGUSA is selling PWG shows now and hopefully they have Fear at Evolve 10
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum