Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:39 am

ROH pushed Ciampa, he looked like a star on the rise, now look where he is at. Same with Cedric, he made Roddy tap during their feud, then after he got hot they had him lose all his matches. Do you really want to see Taven and Bennett take top spots? They have brought in a lot of new guys in the last few years, but there is also a lot of guy people are dying to see that have not been booked. They have a very thin undercard, and almost no tag division. Besides Dijak, Ashley Sixx, and Dalton Castle there was nothing exciting about the Top Prospect Tournament.

If WWE really does sign Briscoes and possibly other top talent who else do they have who can main event right now? There is really nobody who can carry the company right now besides Briscoe, Cole, O'Reilly, possibly Fish or Lethal. ROH needs to bring in a lot of young talent NOW or things could get ugly fast.
eastbay510

Postby Memphis Mark » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:19 pm

eastbay510 wrote:ROH pushed Ciampa, he looked like a star on the rise, now look where he is at. Same with Cedric, he made Roddy tap during their feud, then after he got hot they had him lose all his matches. Do you really want to see Taven and Bennett take top spots? They have brought in a lot of new guys in the last few years, but there is also a lot of guy people are dying to see that have not been booked. They have a very thin undercard, and almost no tag division. Besides Dijak, Ashley Sixx, and Dalton Castle there was nothing exciting about the Top Prospect Tournament.

If WWE really does sign Briscoes and possibly other top talent who else do they have who can main event right now? There is really nobody who can carry the company right now besides Briscoe, Cole, O'Reilly, possibly Fish or Lethal. ROH needs to bring in a lot of young talent NOW or things could get ugly fast.

Ciampa just main evented a PPV . Now Ciampa is starting a new feud with Silas Young. Cedric is working the losing streak angle and he being set up for a heel turn. They are still in the mix.

The Briscoes are under contracted until late August. PWI is reporting that they are not going to WWE and staying with ROH. Fish , O' Reilly , Lethal , Cole and Elgin are all under contract. ROH has a ton of guys waiting for a spot. ROH still has access to AJ , Karl Anderson , Doc Gallows , Trent Barretta , Young bucks and Rocky Romero . There are bring in a new heel faction . I fail to see an talent issue.

There is nothing wrong with Taven and Bennett , NJPW likes them just fine. PWG shoud book Taven and Bennett , they would get red hot heat . It would be like the Kingdom walked off the surface of the sun in Resada .

As for PWG , I plan to buy From Out of Nowhere , looks like a fun show. Love to see guys get a chance to move up. I love good wrestling .
Memphis Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Remember Final Battle 13 when Ciampa squashed Taven and the entire House of Truth? Everyone figured Ciampa would be World Champ by Final Battle 14, insted he wrestled Elgin in a match that got almost no crowd reaction. Sure he main evented a PPV reciently,but there was little to no doubt in anyone's mind that Jay would lose the title. And Cedric is now doing the frustrated losing thing, but how about the 6 or so months between that and the Roddy feud, they completely cooled him off after he got hot. Hopefully I'm wrong and something happens with both, but just listen to the crowd reactions they are getting now compared to a few months prior.

Perhaps the Briscoe's contracts are good for a few more months, but what about after that? Even if The Briscoes don't end up in WWE dosen't mean other main eventers won't sign, HHH has shown that he is serious about signing guys from the indys, even if they are not actually wrestling. And when the part timers are on the show it's great, but when they are not it feels like an unimportant show. When the part timers are on they get all the attention, which is fair, but it makes the ROH regulars feel like second tier talent. Another thing that hurts ROH with guys like Styles is due to political reasons they can't lose clean, we saw that with AJ at BOLA. Having part timers helps the company short term,but in the long run it really does no favors for the up and comers.

Wrestling is subjective, but I do not like The Kingdom, neither do a lot of people. I have always felt like Bennett was shoved down our throats since before he even debuted dispite having boring generic Smackdown style matches. There are a few guys I don't want to see in PWG EVER; Matt Tremont, Buxx Belmar, Taven, Bennett, ect.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:43 pm

I think their contract BS has done a lot more harm for them as they generally, as we all know has restricted guys like Fish, Cole, Elgin, and Kyle but it hasn't really stopped ROH from pushing guys like Ciampa, Strong, ACH, and the Bucks, who all still work PWG. Its been well known Elgin is unhappy with ROH and I guarantee you once his contract with ROH ends, he'll be back in PWG. Even Mike Bennett isn't going to re-sign with ROH and is being looked by other companies as well, so I don't know if signing with ROH really is worth it unless those rumors about ROH going to Spike end up true. But even then, signing with NJPW, DG, Lucha Underground, or even TNA allows wrestlers to enjoy more freedom with their bookings and its not like signing with ROH seems to matter for certain wrestlers for wrestlers not signed with ROH.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Remember Final Battle 13 when Ciampa squashed Taven and the entire House of Truth? Everyone figured Ciampa would be World Champ by Final Battle 14, insted he wrestled Elgin in a match that got almost no crowd reaction.

Everyone? :shock:
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:07 am

I may be the only one, but I really do hope Elgin makes his way back.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:27 pm

I agree with you about Elgin, I'm hoping his contract with ROH ends soon and obvious he's not re-signing with them as he's been dicked over by them especially when trying to get booked in NJPW as well.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Yeah, I don't know that I see Elgin sticking around there either. Besides, the ROH fans completely turned on him after he lost the belt. Honestly, with TNA guys appearing on various other indies of late, I'd love to see Perkins and Edwards show up now and then. Strong defending the belt against Edwards in a one-off match would be pretty awesome, except for how obvious the end result would be.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 am

El Asian wrote:I agree with you about Elgin, I'm hoping his contract with ROH ends soon and obvious he's not re-signing with them as he's been dicked over by them especially when trying to get booked in NJPW as well.

What in particular happened?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 pm

El Asian wrote:I agree with you about Elgin, I'm hoping his contract with ROH ends soon and obvious he's not re-signing with them as he's been dicked over by them especially when trying to get booked in NJPW as well.

He was losing steam fast even before the whole border/baseball/Trevor Lee loss happened. I'm pretty sure NJPW chooses who they book, in fact ROH tried to get him to Japan by making him look strong during the ROH/NJPW shows. He didn't help his own cause by almost begging to be booked there.
eastbay510

Postby rohgenextfan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Question about BOLA night 3: During the Gargano vs Candice match, when the fans chanted, "You're a Goddess" at Candice, she looked confused right before Gargano tripped her up. Was that just oddly perfect timing between Candice, Gargano, and the fans? Also, was the finish botched?
rohgenextfan

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:11 am

Oh, yeah, the finish was DEFINITELY botched.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:24 am

somebody should update the website more often, not everybody does twitter. if you go to the website you can't tell there's even a show coming up.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby do0shebag55 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:somebody should update the website more often, not everybody does twitter. if you go to the website you can't tell there's even a show coming up.

This is true that the main page of the website is still promoting a show in the past and the next show is tomorrow.

But to be fair, you mainly promote a show if you have tickets to sell. And Twitter has consistently been the way they announce when tickets go on sale. Most everyone reading this forum knows this.

And at this point, with every show selling out in < 5 min, do they NEED to promote a sold out show? It kinda just tells everyone "hey there's a show at this time, BUT we have no tickets, so there's that." Of all the problems to have, this is kinda a non-problem.
do0shebag55

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:37 am

do0shebag55 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:somebody should update the website more often, not everybody does twitter. if you go to the website you can't tell there's even a show coming up.

This is true that the main page of the website is still promoting a show in the past and the next show is tomorrow.

But to be fair, you mainly promote a show if you have tickets to sell. And Twitter has consistently been the way they announce when tickets go on sale. Most everyone reading this forum knows this.

And at this point, with every show selling out in < 5 min, do they NEED to promote a sold out show? It kinda just tells everyone "hey there's a show at this time, BUT we have no tickets, so there's that." Of all the problems to have, this is kinda a non-problem.

true, i just hope it's not a sign of things to come. it's great they sell out every show but if they can't be bothered to put up the card for the next show it kind of seems like they don't care, and maybe they don't but i hope that's not the case. knowing when shows are happening, reading results, and then reviews keeps my interest up and makes me more likely to pick up DVDs, i'm not sure how much of a factor that even is though.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:42 pm

DDT4 on May 22nd, Rock and Shock the Nation on June 26th, Threemendous IV on July 24th, and BOLA on August 28th, 29th, and 30th. I can't recall SD and Excalibur announcing this many shows ahead of time before. It's also been a long time since PWG has had shows for this many months consecutively. And hey-BOLA's three nights again! YES.
pwggrodd

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:19 am

Uhaa just posted a picture of himself (on Instagram) at the NXT training center. Not sure if he is a full roster member but congratulations to the hard-working big man!
Itchypanda

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Yep, Uhaa has been signed officially. Good. He definitely earned a shot over the past few years.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:10 am

i think it's great that PWG put out a schedule that far ahead.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:39 am

Yeah, it makes us all even more hyped. If that's possible.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum