Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Looking at the end of Only Kings last night, it looks like we're building to the LDRS vs. Best Friends. With that in mind, I'm going to bring up DDT4 coming back again.There's enough possible teams I think-the Bucks, the LDRS, Best Friends, OI4K, the Chozen Bros, the Unbreakable F'N Machines, the Lucha Brothers, and maybe they could just throw an 8th team together (Ricochet/Lio Rush, Dunn/B-Boy, etc.) or maybe bring in a new team (EYFBO, Scarlet and Graves, etc.) I'd like to see the Young Bucks get in another defense or two before dropping the tag belts, and this would get them there.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:22 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Looking at the end of Only Kings last night, it looks like we're building to the LDRS vs. Best Friends. With that in mind, I'm going to bring up DDT4 coming back again.There's enough possible teams I think-the Bucks, the LDRS, Best Friends, OI4K, the Chozen Bros, the Unbreakable F'N Machines, the Lucha Brothers, and maybe they could just throw an 8th team together (Ricochet/Lio Rush, Dunn/B-Boy, etc.) or maybe bring in a new team (EYFBO, Scarlet and Graves, etc.) I'd like to see the Young Bucks get in another defense or two before dropping the tag belts, and this would get them there.

I agree though instead of having Lio Rush team up with Ricochet, I would have Rush team up with Jay White instead since they have been teaming up lately. As for bringing in new teams, those aren't bad suggestions, also possible new team I would include would be War Machine, the London Riots, Tracy Williams and Fred Yehi of Catch Point, the Tempura Boyz, or Chris Dickinson and Jaka, also return of Motor City Machine Guns as well
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:38 pm

I'd completely forgotten Rush and White were teaming, good point. Other suggestions are all on point too. Looks like PWG's getting quite an influx of fresh talent this year-Shane Strickland, Dezmond Xavier, and Keith Lee are debuting on the next show, plus OI4K and Lio Rush are coming back.
pwggrodd

Postby RatedRorayJames » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Anyone that attended the event, did the Cody Rhodes-Trevor Lee problem get physical, or did Cody show any signs of aggravation?? Cody seemed to handle it pretty professionally, so I'm wonderinf if the crowd would have never guessed how upset he was.
RatedRorayJames

Postby luca brasi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:22 am

what problem are you speaking of?
luca brasi

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:28 am

luca brasi wrote:what problem are you speaking of?

Trevor said something about Dusty during the match.
eastbay510

Postby luca brasi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am

aaah yeah ok.
I would like to think it was a "pre-approved" insult if you know what I mean.
luca brasi

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 am

You know with so many guys debuting as of late, I feel there could be too many that might not get a shot in BOLA, so instead I had an idea for future shows, at least leading up to BOLA, so whenever the next show after March 18, but maybe at least 4 matches, including a 6 way debuting brand new local guys to PWG, that are qualifying matches to get a spot in BOLA this year.
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 am

how was OI4k at the last show?? never been a fan of those guys personally but i'm always open to having my mind changed.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby RatedRorayJames » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 pm

I live in Kentucky and one of my bucket list pieces is to see a PWG show live and I'm debating on attempting to go either to 14 or BOLA. I've never even attempted to open the links for tickets or anything so whenever they go live, do you just keep refreshing and then click and go through as fast as possible? I know there is a huge rush to get them and they sell out within minutes but does the site lag or something or does it actually just rely on how fast you refresh and click and check out?? Should I try and get someone to get tickets with me to increase my chances or???
RatedRorayJames

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:20 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:how was OI4k at the last show?? never been a fan of those guys personally but i'm always open to having my mind changed.

They had a couple nice spots, but overall the Bucks did most of the work. I thought the match was a mess, just spots, and not in a good way. I was actually bored, but it seemed like most other people liked it. I'm with you, OI4K is not my thing.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Maybe now that Timothy Thatcher's 597 day reign as EVOLVE champ is over, PWG can start booking him again. I think he's better everywhere else than in EVOLVE, and hope to see him again. On the other hand, ZSJ is the guy who beat him for the EVOLVE title. Hope that doesn't decrease his appearances.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:37 am

pwggrodd wrote:Maybe now that Timothy Thatcher's 597 day reign as EVOLVE champ is over, PWG can start booking him again. I think he's better everywhere else than in EVOLVE, and hope to see him again. On the other hand, ZSJ is the guy who beat him for the EVOLVE title. Hope that doesn't decrease his appearances.

I don't think Thatcher holding the Evolve title has anything to do with him not being booked, Zack now has the title and he is still getting PWG bookings. I think it has more to do with all his matches being exactly the same. Now that he has lost the Evolve title I totally expect him to fade into obscurity.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:52 pm

If you think that, you never saw the guy's work pre-EVOLVE. Guy used to work a great cowardly heel gimmick, which was what he should've been doing as the EVOLVE champ from the start. That was on Gabe, not him.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Yeah, I think it was matter of schedules and stuff regarding Thatcher, personally I wouldn't mind having Thatcher back and still the old school serious grappler guy he was when he was last in PWG.

Anyways, PWG confirmed the next show on April 21, called Game Over, Man, a nice tribute to Bill Paxton
El Asian

Postby skitch » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am

They are really moving right along with these show announcements. That's now 3 months in a row with a show. I hope the DVD/Blu Ray production keeps up for the most part.
skitch

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I'm hoping for a show every month, as unlikely as that is. Or at least maybe more than 10 shows this year.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm

With how great the last show was, all these debuts, lots of tags, and shows every month PWG feels fresh and exciting for the first time in a while. I am loving this company even more than I usaully do.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:35 pm

With all the upheaval on the indie scene right now, with the WWE on a signing spree and ROH and TNA bleeding talent, and various other things going on, this year could be very interesting for PWG's talent pool. Hoping for more debuts as the year goes on. BOLA could have quite an interesting roster this year. And DDT4, if it happens.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:12 pm

pwggrodd wrote:With all the upheaval on the indie scene right now, with the WWE on a signing spree and ROH and TNA bleeding talent, and various other things going on, this year could be very interesting for PWG's talent pool. Hoping for more debuts as the year goes on. BOLA could have quite an interesting roster this year. And DDT4, if it happens.

Weird how most of the Euro guys are gone. Ospreay is never around for the most part, and Dunne, Andrews, End are in WWE. I'm hoping they bring back Haskins at some point, and with him going to the semi-finals of BOLA I can't imagine him not coming back at some point. I was talking to Zack at the last show, he said he really wants to see (formerly Big Daddy) Walter be brought in. I agree with that, he has been on fire this year, as his tag partner Axel Dieter Jr. Hope to see them and my guys TK and Travis in BOLA. We have all been saying it for a while now, but BOLA is gonna be real intresting this year.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum