Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:21 pm

That's just a month away this Friday. So, yeah, if that's true, they pretty much need to announce a card now. And get the previews out for ASW XII. Been waiting way too long for those.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:29 pm

If it is on the 20th tickets gotta go on sale either Thursday or next Thursday.
eastbay510

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:48 am

eastbay510 wrote:I've heard from like 10 people now that next show may be May 20th. I am really hoping for an announcement tonight. If this is true tickets should go on sale soon.

Who are is the 10 people you speak of? :?: Reveal your sources my friend... I want in :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun May 01, 2016 4:14 pm

I guess ASW was so good Ex and Dragon were just like "alright cool let's take a break"
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 am

Nick Jackson may have broken a rib at ROH's Toronto show. If so, he'll likely be out for eight weeks. Sheesh, Best of the Super Junior injuries starting up before the tournament even begins!
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 am

More bad news-just saw that Zack Sabre Jr. got a really bad cut on his arm in a match against Big Daddy Walter just minutes ago. There's an ambulance there right now.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 13, 2016 2:17 pm

wXw's twitter says they expect Sabre to be out for two weeks. Looks like we'll be getting some card changes. :cry:
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 am

So when is this ASW preview coming out?
eastbay510

Postby Suicidal Youth » Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm thinking we might not get previews of these. Highspots has a street date of Wednesday.
Suicidal Youth

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:30 pm

We will get them. We always do even if it's close.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Looks like we won't be getting them after all.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue May 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Between the roster page and the ASW 12 previews sometimes I feel like there is no rush.
ShadowMaster

Postby Jack » Fri May 20, 2016 6:32 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Between the roster page and the ASW 12 previews sometimes I feel like there is no rush.

Speaking of rush, it sounds like Lio Rush really wants to wrestle for PWG, tweeting out #ResedaWantsRush when the card for Prince was announced. How amazing would a match between Lio Rush and Zack Sabre Jr. be?
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:45 am

Jack wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Between the roster page and the ASW 12 previews sometimes I feel like there is no rush.

Speaking of rush, it sounds like Lio Rush really wants to wrestle for PWG, tweeting out #ResedaWantsRush when the card for Prince was announced. How amazing would a match between Lio Rush and Zack Sabre Jr. be?

I like Lio Rush, but there are guys that need to come in first. All three members of Catchpoint that have never be here need to come in(Yehi, Williams, Riddle) as well as a few Euro guys (Gallagher, Haskins, Pete Dunne). Lio will get to PWG eventually, he is still super young. And even if Lio came in now he would not be challenging Zack any time soon.
eastbay510

Postby Jack » Fri May 20, 2016 4:31 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Jack wrote:

I like Lio Rush, but there are guys that need to come in first. All three members of Catchpoint that have never be here need to come in(Yehi, Williams, Riddle) as well as a few Euro guys (Gallagher, Haskins, Pete Dunne). Lio will get to PWG eventually, he is still super young. And even if Lio came in now he would not be challenging Zack any time soon.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I wish we could just have a full PWG vs. PROGRESS show already!
Jack

Postby El Asian » Sat May 21, 2016 9:24 pm

I agree with those Euro guys and Catchpoint guys, though I would also suggest Big Damo as another Euro guy for PWG to bring in plus I'm probably the only one but I would like to see Matt Tremont in PWG. Plus besides Kamaitachi and Akira Tozawa, I would like to see more Japanese guys in PWG. Who knows if PWG will bring back Candice but if PWG brings in more female wrestlers in the future, I already suggest probably Sexy Star, Io Shirai, Taya, Kairi Hojo, and Mayu Iwatani since they are in town these days plus Cheerleader Melissa but also, since she's been attending shows and became a pro wrestler, Shayna Baszler.

Also speaking of Taya and Sexy Star, Pentagon Jr. did an interview with Konnan recently and really put over PWG, so hopefully we haven't seen the last of him in PWG hopefully
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun May 22, 2016 8:28 am

As far as female wrestling goes i'm not sure about PWG booking any female talent not sure when it was but I remember Super Dragon commenting on that booking more womens wrestlers and he seemed against the idea and as for booking Baszler in a PWG ring i'll pass. Really wanna see Big Damo for a Euro guy and Big Daddy Walter get a shot at PWG and would love to see Pentagon Jr vs Scrull.
ShadowMaster

Postby Jack » Sun May 22, 2016 9:38 am

I think a lot of women's wrestlers would do well in PWG. Cheerleader Melissa, Heidi Lovelace, Mia Yim, Sexy Star, and Taya Valkyrie are a few that come to mind.
Jack

Postby El Asian » Sun May 22, 2016 6:14 pm

I guess with Yim and Heidi, it would determine if they are in town, I believe Dragon has said he was never big on flying out women wrestlers though I think Melissa would work best since it wouldn't require much of a plane ticket to bring her out.

Anyways, SoCalAndy has been talking about PWG bringing back local guys and suggested plenty of names, which has me thinking PWG could bring them back and have them work the opening matches at the very least, mostly because I feel PWG shows lately have become too short lately and seems to be ending a bit earlier as well, I think the recent shows could go around a bit longer at the very least.

Also, I hope PWG names the 13th anniversary show as PWG the 13th instead of Thirteen or 13
El Asian

Postby Jack » Mon May 23, 2016 4:26 am

El Asian wrote:I guess with Yim and Heidi, it would determine if they are in town, I believe Dragon has said he was never big on flying out women wrestlers though I think Melissa would work best since it wouldn't require much of a plane ticket to bring her out.

Anyways, SoCalAndy has been talking about PWG bringing back local guys and suggested plenty of names, which has me thinking PWG could bring them back and have them work the opening matches at the very least, mostly because I feel PWG shows lately have become too short lately and seems to be ending a bit earlier as well, I think the recent shows could go around a bit longer at the very least.

Also, I hope PWG names the 13th anniversary show as PWG the 13th instead of Thirteen or 13

I think it has been mentioned above, but I would be fine with the local SoCal guys coming in for opening six and eight-person tag team matches.
Jack

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum