Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby bennym6 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
SlayJ wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Never saw the appeal of CHIKARA-brand guys in PWG, especially Chuck Taylor. Guess I'm just cool like that.

I can see how Chuckie (and Chikara as a whole) isn't for everybody. He can be a little bit over the top and wacky. But I totally dig the guy and think he fits in perfectly with PWG. I just wish he was in more as a regular. I suppose you could say he hasn't had that one KILLER performance yet. But the guy has had a bunch of fun matches mixing in some comedy with good solid athletic wrestling. And I think his promos and commentary are entertaining as hell! He creates a good contrast between the more strong style guys and the high flyers and adds a different dimension to the shows. So I'm all for more Chuck Taylor.

He can keep his "entertaining as hell" commentary and promos for CHIKARA. I watch PWG for the wrestling, which is something he doesn't do much of, leading me to think he will have have *that one KILLER performance*.

Garden State Saint wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Never saw the appeal of CHIKARA-brand guys in PWG, especially Chuck Taylor. Guess I'm just cool like that.

I do consider Chuck Taylor a Chikara guy but never saw him fitting into PWG as anything close to a problem, whereas others might. But thats just me.

Old PWG, sure, with the promos and segments on DVDs and stuff. Newer PWG? Not even.

PWG is way more about just wrestling. It's about a fun atmosphere and Chuckie T is so much fun. Also have you not seen his tag matches with Omega or his street fight with El Generico? All killer performances. The dude has proven he can wrestle plus add to commentary which is one of the best parts of PWG.
bennym6

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Ive said this pleanty of times before but Chuck/Generico vs. The Young Bucks at As The Worm Turns is stupidly insanly underrated.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:16 pm

bennym6 wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:
SlayJ wrote:
I can see how Chuckie (and Chikara as a whole) isn't for everybody. He can be a little bit over the top and wacky. But I totally dig the guy and think he fits in perfectly with PWG. I just wish he was in more as a regular. I suppose you could say he hasn't had that one KILLER performance yet. But the guy has had a bunch of fun matches mixing in some comedy with good solid athletic wrestling. And I think his promos and commentary are entertaining as hell! He creates a good contrast between the more strong style guys and the high flyers and adds a different dimension to the shows. So I'm all for more Chuck Taylor.

He can keep his "entertaining as hell" commentary and promos for CHIKARA. I watch PWG for the wrestling, which is something he doesn't do much of, leading me to think he will have have *that one KILLER performance*.

Garden State Saint wrote:
I do consider Chuck Taylor a Chikara guy but never saw him fitting into PWG as anything close to a problem, whereas others might. But thats just me.

Old PWG, sure, with the promos and segments on DVDs and stuff. Newer PWG? Not even.

PWG is way more about just wrestling. It's about a fun atmosphere and Chuckie T is so much fun. Also have you not seen his tag matches with Omega or his street fight with El Generico? All killer performances. The dude has proven he can wrestle plus add to commentary which is one of the best parts of PWG.

I have pretty much every PWG show ever, bar a few over-looks - yes, I saw the tags - and Taylor doesn't bring anything unique to the table. As for the Generico street fight: I didn't believe he was gonna win for one second, because his whole gimmick is that he's a joke, and I find it a mis-allocation when he is treated as anything but. ie. EVOLVE/DGUSA

That's just my opinion, though - you're free to enjoy him as much as you wish.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Anybody else miss the BoLA/DDT4 mini sites? Those were way cool man...
OSKMIA

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:41 am

OSKMIA wrote:Anybody else miss the BoLA/DDT4 mini sites? Those were way cool man...

I do I was really hoping they were gonna do one this year for DDT 4 but I guess not or maybe it will be coming in the next couple weeks .
ShadowMaster

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Ive said this pleanty of times before but Chuck/Generico vs. The Young Bucks at As The Worm Turns is stupidly insanly underrated.

I wouldn't say underrated as people that know of this match seem to love it but the problem is probably not enough people aside from PWG diehards know this match as I suppose it didn't happen on a major show.
Garden State Saint

Postby SpaceWolfPurrp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 am

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I have pretty much every PWG show ever, bar a few over-looks - yes, I saw the tags - and Taylor doesn't bring anything unique to the table. As for the Generico street fight: I didn't believe he was gonna win for one second, because his whole gimmick is that he's a joke, and I find it a mis-allocation when he is treated as anything but. ie. EVOLVE/DGUSA

That's just my opinion, though - you're free to enjoy him as much as you wish.

Nah b, I don't think so. Chuck Taylor is just such a great heel that he makes you think that you legitimately dislike him.
SpaceWolfPurrp

Postby bennym6 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am

eastbay510 wrote:Ive said this pleanty of times before but Chuck/Generico vs. The Young Bucks at As The Worm Turns is stupidly insanly underrated.

Great match but the Men of Low Moral Fiber matches against the Young Bucks are some of the best ever in PWG and this one IMO wasn't as good as those.
bennym6

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:57 pm

I enjoy Chuck and would like to see more next year hopefully
El Asian

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 pm

PWG Twitter ‏@OfficialPWG
48 hours left for the Winter DVD deal. Mystery Vortex, Failure to Communicate, Many Adventures of El Generico added!

Can someone please tell me if those 3 dvd's count toward the deal? They aren't listed when clicked on the link. If so, then I'll surely order them! Was going to pick up at the next show anyways but this is a great deal.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/me ... _2012.html
loserkings007

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Just saw it was updated. Will surely order tomorrow! Just ordered 5 last night.
loserkings007

Postby Tom123 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 am

So I finally got the chance to watch my very first PWG show this past weekend. Decided to watch DDT4 2012 to get me in the mood for DDT4 2013 in 2 weeks time!

Got to say, Very impressed with the production and quality of the show, each match was unique from the last with very different starts and finishes with each match going at 100mph putting on the best possible match. Got nothing but respect for all the teams, despite the fact that some teams had to wrestle 3 matches they all put on one hell of a show! Will for sure being ordering some more PWG DVD's!
Tom123

Postby ajday » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 am

Does anyone have a link to the tumblr that is PWG gifs? I don't remember how I stumbled upon it, let alone if anyone knows about it, but I want to see it all again.
ajday

Postby Ray Deathray » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:53 am

ajday wrote:Does anyone have a link to the tumblr that is PWG gifs? I don't remember how I stumbled upon it, let alone if anyone knows about it, but I want to see it all again.

http://fuckyeahpwg.tumblr.com/
Ray Deathray

Postby CreedP » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

I just watched KurtRussellReunion II.

THANK YOU, PWG, for not having another KRR this year! :D (Yes, I know there isn't a WrestleReunion this year, but still!) I really appreciate not having to watch a PWG show with old 'Legends' in it, I don't watch this company to see old guys trotted out for nostalgia. Monday Night Raw covers that already! I watch PWG for the best -WRESTLING- anywhere.

Thank you for having DDT4 to start 2013 and not sports entertainment. :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:51 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:Anybody else miss the BoLA/DDT4 mini sites? Those were way cool man...

I do I was really hoping they were gonna do one this year for DDT 4 but I guess not or maybe it will be coming in the next couple weeks .

probably not happening for DDT4 this year but I do hope it returns for BOLA this year
El Asian

Postby bennym6 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 pm

CreedP wrote:I just watched KurtRussellReunion II.

THANK YOU, PWG, for not having another KRR this year! :D (Yes, I know there isn't a WrestleReunion this year, but still!) I really appreciate not having to watch a PWG show with old 'Legends' in it, I don't watch this company to see old guys trotted out for nostalgia. Monday Night Raw covers that already! I watch PWG for the best -WRESTLING- anywhere.

Thank you for having DDT4 to start 2013 and not sports entertainment. :)

CREED

I cringe when anyone emphasises wrestling when talking about any company other than WWE. It's just been done over and over by a billion guys. Yeah it sucks that WWE don't say wrestling but every company (besides PWG) always tries to compare themselves. Sorry for ranting Creed. This isn't really directed towards you just shitty trends in wrestling.
bennym6

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm

bennym6 wrote:I cringe when anyone emphasises wrestling when talking about any company other than WWE. It's just been done over and over by a billion guys. Yeah it sucks that WWE don't say wrestling but every company (besides PWG) always tries to compare themselves. Sorry for ranting Creed. This isn't really directed towards you just shitty trends in wrestling.

Everybody reaches that age and has to get it out of their system.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 pm

so apparently, PWG may soon lose some guys very soon it seems, the Young Bucks have hinted they are returning to TNA soon to feud with Kazarian and Daniels while Brian Cage is apparently one of the members of Aces & 8, even hinting it on Twitter, however the biggest unconfirmed rumor right now is that El Generico might have signed with the WWE already, nothing confirmed though and PWP seems the only people reporting this

https://twitter.com/pwponderings/status ... 6635834368
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Plenty of guys for PWG to pick up if there are voids though.
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum