Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:06 pm

So whats the reason for the results page not being updated in forever?
Garden State Saint

Postby Jack » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:05 am

Garden State Saint wrote:So whats the reason for the results page not being updated in forever?

The website in general seems to be outdated. The roster page still says that Roderick Strong and the WCTT are the champs. AR Fox, Biff Busick, and Rich Swann are also listed on the roster page.
Jack

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Been thinking about DDT4, and how I'd do it. I'd make it a half-BOLA. 12 teams, two days-6 first round matches plus 1 or 2 non-tourney matches on Day 1, 3 semi-finals to start Day 2, then 3 or 4 non-tourney matches, then a 3-way elimination final. I'd have
The Young Bucks, defending the titles throughout as has been done in the past
The LDRS (Zack Sabre Jr. and Marty Scurll)
An Officer and a Gentleman (Dan Barry and Chuck Taylor)
Death by Elbow
The Unbreakable F'N Machines
Ricochet and Matt Sydal
reDRagon
Fenix and Pentagon Jr.
EYFBO, in their debut
Monster Mafia
Flips and Forearms (Mark Andrew and Pete Dunne)
Timothy Thatcher and Drew Gulak
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:30 pm

The lack of tags this year has really hurt the company. It would be nice to see DDT4 return (as long as it has the mojo that 09-12 had). Here is my list, I'm keeping it one day.

-Young Bucks
-LDRS
-Flips and Forearms
-Catch Point(Yehi and Williams)
-reDRagon
-Fenix and Pentagon
-Sydal and Ricochet
-South Pacific Power Trip(TK Cooper and Travis Banks with Dahlia Black)

I realise my last choice has pretty much no shot of coming to PWG due to Dragon not wanting to fly in women, but if Dahlia came to Reseda those three would be one of the most over acts in the promotion, just like they are in Progress.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:44 pm

I say DDT4 should be 2 nights just to bring back some fire into DDT4, I mean, PWG can still keep it 8 teams while doing 2 nights, like the 1st 2 DDT4 say hold DDT4 for 2 nights in December as this could allow Bucks and reDRagon available.

As for teams, Bucks and reDRagon are a must as well as Fenix and Pentagon Jr. while I definitely would also include Flips and Forearms plus maybe Williams and Yehi or Officer and Gentlemen as well but I think these are also teams to consider to bring in or bring back:

-Motor City Machine Guns
-Angelico and Jack Evans
-War Machine
-Tabarnak de Team
-Roppongi Vice
-Drew Galloway and Cody Rhodes

Also if not Yehi and Williams, maybe put Cobb and Riddle together as a team.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Flips and Forearms or Dunne Bros.?
eastbay510

Postby Luchaundead » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:56 am

eastbay510 wrote:Flips and Forearms or Dunne Bros.?

British Strong Style
Luchaundead

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 am

I heard Legion Larry is still in the hospital. If PWG can't book Reseda for awhile (or again), they should head back to the iconic Sweatbox. I checked it out earlier in the year for something and believe it might be open again for bookings now.
SoCalAndy

Postby Jack » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:04 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I heard Legion Larry is still in the hospital. If PWG can't book Reseda for awhile (or again), they should head back to the iconic Sweatbox. I checked it out earlier in the year for something and believe it might be open again for bookings now.

Oh no! What happened to Legion Larry?!?!
Jack

Postby shyboy13 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Jack wrote:
SoCalAndy wrote:I heard Legion Larry is still in the hospital. If PWG can't book Reseda for awhile (or again), they should head back to the iconic Sweatbox. I checked it out earlier in the year for something and believe it might be open again for bookings now.

The JCC would be great for nostalgia purposes. It's much larger than Reseda and in a far, far, FAR better location. It's also completely gentrified and less gritty than it was back in the day. The only thing I wonder about is parking but I'm sure it shouldn't be too much worse than Reseda. The JCC doesn't sell alcohol though. The old school PWG fans would drink alcohol and tailgate and I think it was accepted as long as we were respectful and didn't act like idiots (one time Disco Machine poured beer all over some guys face cuz he wasn't being discrete haha). Of course we don't HAVE to drink but I just worry how much the current fan base would complain if this wasn't an option.

I love the idea though. JCC was my favorite PWG venue ever. Sometimes when I'm in the area I stop by just to reminisce and sometimes take pictures.

Regarding Larry, he's very old and has had a rough life. He only has a piece of brain left cuz part of his head was shot off in war I think. He's obviously a tough man. I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he can pull through but age gets us all eventually. Sad but true.
shyboy13

Postby Jack » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:59 pm

shyboy13 wrote:
Jack wrote:

The JCC would be great for nostalgia purposes. It's much larger than Reseda and in a far, far, FAR better location. It's also completely gentrified and less gritty than it was back in the day. The only thing I wonder about is parking but I'm sure it shouldn't be too much worse than Reseda. The JCC doesn't sell alcohol though. The old school PWG fans would drink alcohol and tailgate and I think it was accepted as long as we were respectful and didn't act like idiots (one time Disco Machine poured beer all over some guys face cuz he wasn't being discrete haha). Of course we don't HAVE to drink but I just worry how much the current fan base would complain if this wasn't an option.

I love the idea though. JCC was my favorite PWG venue ever. Sometimes when I'm in the area I stop by just to reminisce and sometimes take pictures.

Regarding Larry, he's very old and has had a rough life. He only has a piece of brain left cuz part of his head was shot off in war I think. He's obviously a tough man. I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he can pull through but age gets us all eventually. Sad but true.

Oh my God, poor Larry. I hope he'll be alright.

Also, I think it would be awesome if PWG returned to the Sweatbox!
Jack

Postby Jack » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:42 pm

On this day 10 years ago:

PWG held "Self-Titled" in Reseda, CA.

Results:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/re ... w0058.html
Jack

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:28 am

Ronin getting the W!
Garden State Saint

Postby Jack » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Ronin getting the W!

Ronin was awesome!
Jack

Postby Jack » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:57 am

On this day 12 years ago:

PWG held "Use Your Illusion III" in Los Angeles, CA.

Results:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/re ... w0018.html
Jack

Postby Jack » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:59 am

On this day 6 years ago:

PWG held "The Curse of Guerrilla Island" in Reseda, CA.

Results:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/re ... w0117.html
Jack

Postby El Asian » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:36 pm

shyboy13 wrote:
Jack wrote:

If the old Sweatbox is available to run shows again, I would love for PWG to run shows there again though yeah, parking might be a problem but can't be any worse than the parking at the Legion Hall, as for alcohol though, JCC doesn't allow it but I do recall there is a nearby liquor store within some walking distance from the JCC that you can bring outside food and drinks inside, not sure if that has ever changed since then. Personally though, I would like to see PWG run shows in the Santa Ana Elks Lodge again though that'll never happen.

As for Larry, he's an old grumpy fuck but he was PWG's old grumpy fuck, so I do hope he pulls out okay. I do feel though this could be the time for PWG to look for venues in the mean time, I would assume whoever PWG talks to running the Legion Hall during BOLA would be fine letting PWG run their next shows, but I feel something like this was bound to happen where PWG might lose the Legion Hall one day and I was hoping that they would look at alternate venues. But despite all that, I do feel PWG shouldn't leave the Legion Hall entirely, I still feel that PWG could run a few shows outside of Reseda but still run shows in Legion Hall most of the time when its available.
El Asian

Postby shyboy13 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:54 am

I've always thought that the Santa Ana Elks Lodge would be awesome for the PWG. PWG is now more than established enough to fill the place and it would look very professional and less "indy" on DVD. I don't think it is available though cuz if I recall correctly they don't want wrestling there's since another group (PW WAR perhaps?) Caused damage or something like that.
shyboy13

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:35 pm

I'm happy Legion Larry made the PWG card set.
Garden State Saint

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:I'm happy Legion Larry made the PWG card set.

Hey how do you get the cards? I only saw them on some stupid highspots box subscription and all I want is the damn cards. Is that the only way?
shyboy13

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum