Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Alex08 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Although a December show would rock, BOLA and wrestlereunion Are coming up and it would be very costly to hold such amazing shows within a three month span. But I'm all for a December show.
Alex08

Postby Meltman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Long-term it would be worth it for the sake of the fed's major ongoing buzz. All fans will do for 2 months are wait for the big January show and BOLA on DVD.

They could take a cheap route and not book any fly-ins. You've got Lost, Tornado, the Bucks, Joey, the Cutlers, Gatson, LTP, Goodtime, Haste, Mercury and Kendrick. Throw Candice in a match and either book London or fly Generico. That's 16.

I'm sure they could move DVDs with zero fly-ins on them. Has there ever been a PWG show without a single fly-in?
Meltman

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:32 am

Quicksilver needs to return for at least one night. I miss that guy.
OSKMIA

Postby kikrusher99 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:54 pm

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, whats with Joey Ryan's picture above "Results" on the home page?
kikrusher99

Postby The Six » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:34 am

Why did the Yakuza kick's name change? Did the real yakuza object or something?
The Six

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 am

Word going around is the Bucks are getting a TNA tryout on Monday at the tapings.

Here's how I feel about that:

Meltman

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:08 pm

I was just watching Guitarmegeddon II and I noticed something. Wtf is up with the six man tag. Rocky Romero, Bino Gambino, and Super Dragon vs. Los Luchas and TJ Perkins. The match isn't nescessarily bad or anything..... it's just not very good either. First of all, Dragon hurts his ankle TRYING TO GET OUT OF A FUCKING HEADLOCK! WTF IS THAT!? It happens towards the beginning of the match, so for a lot of the match he just kinda does nothing. He tagged in every now and then, did one or two moves, then tagged out. He even got punked out by TJ. Weird. Also, Bino seemed lost for most of the match. Rocky keeps having to tell him what to do and seemed kind of annoyed. The ending of the match sucks too. Dragon tags in, hits a cool sit-out powerbomb off of a monkey flip from Bino, but only gets a two count. Then, he picks up Zokre for the psycho driver, holds him there for a few seconds, Zokre gets out, hits a reverse rana, and gets the 3. Thats it. I was really random and out of nowhere. Hell, even Bino seemed confused by it. I love Super Dragon, but in this match he was just BAD.
Whoblehwah

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:55 am

The Kings of Wrestling reunited last night in ROH. With that being said, I'd be really interested to see a KOW/Young Bucks PWG tag title match for the upcoming show.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby Meltman » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 am

Funny you should say that. I was thinking earlier the only match I'd want out of KOW in 2010 Ring of Honor is them against the Bucks. (Seriously, who wants to see a Briscoes/KOW series again? No thanks.)

I figure such a match won't happen in PWG since Hero is a singles guy and they haven't booked Claudio since Life During Wartime.
Meltman

Postby The Six » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:18 pm

And Excalibur always mispronounced yakuza, too.
The Six

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 pm

personally if or when PWG brings back Claudio Castagnoli, I say have him team up with Are$ instead as part of Swiss Money Holding
El Asian

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 am

Now that Steenerico is no more, I'd be real cool is they started feuding in PWG as well (if the Steen getting booked more in 2010 rumor is true)
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby El Asian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:24 am

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:Now that Steenerico is no more, I'd be real cool is they started feuding in PWG as well (if the Steen getting booked more in 2010 rumor is true)

personally, I rather see PWG going for stories differ from ROH although I would not be surprised to see Steen involved with Kendrick and the Young Bucks

now here's a question that always bugged me, why did PWG book BJ Whitmer that one time? Was he in town for something that made PWG decide to just book the guy and hope for the best?
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:31 pm

I don't understand why people would want the same stuff going down in different feds. Let's keep the identities separate. I'll take Bonham and Gatson over Tyler Black and Eddie Edwards.
Meltman

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:47 pm

HEre's something random. After much hype, I finally bought express written consent. I skipped the first 2 matches and then the disk messed up and won't play any other tracks. I'm going to have to wait til PWG gets restocked on that dvd for me to finally see it. :(
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Meltman wrote:I don't understand why people would want the same stuff going down in different feds. Let's keep the identities separate. I'll take Bonham and Gatson over Tyler Black and Eddie Edwards.

I don't really mind Eddie Edwards at all and would not really mind seeing him in PWG in the future honestly, maybe against Brandon Gatson as well
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 pm

also, I've suggested this lots of times already but I can't be really the only one that hopes PWG has this tag team over, I think they'd have lots of great matches in PWG with the tag teams in PWG already like the Young Bucks or Motor City Machine Guns

El Asian

Postby CMCoke2010 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:04 pm

I have yet to see Danielson vs Generico from Sells Out. But is it better then their match at ROH Proving Ground Night 2?
CMCoke2010

Postby Meltman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm

I haven't seen the match you mention, but let me tell you that the PWG Danielson/Generico match had one of the most electric crowds ever witnessing it, and it was an impromptu match, so the atmosphere was extra pumped. Originally Generico was supposed to defend his belt against Danielson and it didn't happen, so after Generico won the Tag Titles with Steen, Danielson came out and challenged him for a match asap. The match itself is superb, for my money one of the most important PWG matches of all time.
Meltman

Postby Tarfoo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:08 am

Anyone know who's behind the (absolutewly awesome) PWG theme song and if it's available for download somewhere?
Tarfoo

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum