Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 am

Oh yeah I rarely watch a whole show straight threw but very often as of late I've been watching older matches or in some case a few matches from whatever show that tickles my fancy.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 am

I watched B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan from Threemendous today for the first time in a very long time and I had totally forgot Rick Knox was busted open in this match. I don't believe that has happened since and can't really recall any ref in any promotion I routinely watch spilling blood.
Garden State Saint

Postby BrianS » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
BrianS wrote:When done right, it's a pretty awesome finish. I like it!

Dont get me wrong I like the move a lot, but what do you think about the pin after the move? everyone around me was confused and we were asking each other "Does that count as a pin atempt?".

I didn't remember that pin being TOO weird but now I'm watching KRR3 and DAMN, wtf is that? So Ryan Taylor pins Famous B by virtue of the crown of B's head being on the mat? :roll: Awful.
BrianS

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm thinking how long they would continue the Generico and Steen feud and what would be the perfect way to end and I know many people would think Guerrilla Warfare but that would be too easy of a way out to end Steen vs. Generico in PWG, so what I think PWG should do is a match PWG has not done in 8 years and this would be the perfect way to really give a real feud ending match for Steen and Generico, a 1 hour iron man match
El Asian

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 am

El Asian wrote:I'm thinking how long they would continue the Generico and Steen feud and what would be the perfect way to end and I know many people would think Guerrilla Warfare but that would be too easy of a way out to end Steen vs. Generico in PWG, so what I think PWG should do is a match PWG has not done in 8 years and this would be the perfect way to really give a real feud ending match for Steen and Generico, a 1 hour iron man match

Interesting. That would be cool..
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 am

El Asian wrote:I'm thinking how long they would continue the Generico and Steen feud and what would be the perfect way to end and I know many people would think Guerrilla Warfare but that would be too easy of a way out to end Steen vs. Generico in PWG, so what I think PWG should do is a match PWG has not done in 8 years and this would be the perfect way to really give a real feud ending match for Steen and Generico, a 1 hour iron man match

I don't think PWG would end the feud, unless it was discontinued in other territories. They are kayfabe-ing everywhere they go, including Twitter. If it does end, I'd love to see an old-fashioned cage match, myself. Maybe submission only cage match?
Itchypanda

Postby rohgenextfan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:47 pm

To itchypanda, that's a great sig.

I have a question, is it true there was once two people, one in a wheelchair, harassing the fans and the wrestlers until Super Dragon ran up to them pushed the guy off his wheelchair, and threw the wheelchair away?
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 am

Whatever happened to Joey Ryan's aspiration to be on that baseball show? I did vote for him but I felt like that was maybe a month ago or so. Were winners ever announced?
Garden State Saint

Postby Itchypanda » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Whatever happened to Joey Ryan's aspiration to be on that baseball show? I did vote for him but I felt like that was maybe a month ago or so. Were winners ever announced?

He lost, unfortunately. I'm surprised since I saw CM Punk tweet to support him.
Itchypanda

Postby ajday » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Whatever happened to Joey Ryan's aspiration to be on that baseball show? I did vote for him but I felt like that was maybe a month ago or so. Were winners ever announced?

I found this on his facebook page -- this makes a lot of sense.

Joey Ryan's facebook wrote:As some of you may have heard, I did not get selected to be in the 2012 MLB FanCave. I would however like to point out that it is a journalistic job in baseball and other than my endless passion and dedication to the game, I am rather unqualified for the position. The reason I was able to make it to the top 30 of 22,000 is because of all the love and support I received from the wrestling community, whether it be my peers or by the fans, it is staggering how much you made me feel like wrestling is a family. I am not bitter towards the outcome but the support I received from everybody makes me feel like MLB really dropped the ball on letting go of just how many thousands and thousands of brand new eyes I could have introduced to baseball and shared my love of with. Not to mention losing out on my rock star charisma and movie star good looks. heh. I am happy to say that over the last month or so, the wrestling family has reignited my passion for wrestling and I look forward to continuing to entertain you through the means I know best.
ajday

Postby leninrocks » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I am coming to DDT4 from Milwaukee and wanted to know how long prior to a show do people show up and wait. I want to make sure I get great seats since I missed the first rows.
leninrocks

Postby rohgenextfan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 pm

leninrocks wrote:I am coming to DDT4 from Milwaukee and wanted to know how long prior to a show do people show up and wait. I want to make sure I get great seats since I missed the first rows.

My friend and I arrived at the Legion Post more than an hour before the show, and we got inside shortly before the show began. If you want to make sure you receive seating, I recommend buying the tickets online as you'll have to wait much, much longer if you buy at the door. If it's raining or cold, you'll regret not buying online. ;) Also, considering it's a big event, they may run out of tickets or you may have to stand the entire show. You can still buy general admission tickets online. Just get to the venue early. I would guess two or three hours. But the regulars here would have a better grasp of that. Hope you have a blast at the show. World's Finest was a fantastic blast.
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:27 am

ajday wrote:

I found this on his facebook page -- this makes a lot of sense.

Joey Ryan's facebook wrote:As some of you may have heard, I did not get selected to be in the 2012 MLB FanCave. I would however like to point out that it is a journalistic job in baseball and other than my endless passion and dedication to the game, I am rather unqualified for the position. The reason I was able to make it to the top 30 of 22,000 is because of all the love and support I received from the wrestling community, whether it be my peers or by the fans, it is staggering how much you made me feel like wrestling is a family. I am not bitter towards the outcome but the support I received from everybody makes me feel like MLB really dropped the ball on letting go of just how many thousands and thousands of brand new eyes I could have introduced to baseball and shared my love of with. Not to mention losing out on my rock star charisma and movie star good looks. heh. I am happy to say that over the last month or so, the wrestling family has reignited my passion for wrestling and I look forward to continuing to entertain you through the means I know best.

Thanks for the post. I believe The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana pushed for Joey Ryan as well.
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Hello, does anyone know when the PWG sweaters will be available for purchase again? I really want to buy one.
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Are you talking about sweat shirts? Not even sure I've seen those ever.
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Are you talking about sweat shirts? Not even sure I've seen those ever.

The hoodies with the PWG logo on it. I saw some at the World's Finest show. Those have never been made?
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:11 pm

If those in fact exist I would love to purchase one. My wardbrobe lacks guerrillas in a bad way.
Garden State Saint

Postby KickToKill » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:52 pm

damn I've never seen PWG hoodies but I'll take whatever I can get with a PWG logo on it, They're seriously slacking on the merch, That's the only thing (imo) that ROH & Chikara have over PWG, New wrestling schwag every couple of months or so
KickToKill

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:47 pm

here's something I never thought I find, Super Dragon's tryout match with WCW

El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 am

Awesome find. I don't miss VHS.
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum