Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby dingo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:03 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Very sad that his life ended up the way it did. I thought he had a good run in WCW.

This always makes me laugh:

That was one of my favorite pre-taped segments of WCW. I always liked Kanyon's work. RIP.
dingo

Postby MegaKnux » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am

El Asian wrote:and also, anyone just notice that Excalibur's catchphrase has been, "This is serious"? I have no clue why I just noticed that now

Yeah, I've noticed that too.
MegaKnux

Postby Tarfoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 am

What happened to running shows at Burbank and Van Nyus again? I recall reading something on the subject before last year's BOLA, but I've forgotten already.
Tarfoo

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:16 pm

military use I believe why PWG doesn't run shows there
El Asian

Postby Tarfoo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:44 am

Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Disco Machine and The Todd from Scrubs?

It's almost scary.
Tarfoo

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:35 pm

probably doesn't mean much but apparently, I've been told that Dino Winwood was at King of Trios over the weekend, probably flew with the Jacksons

and speaking of Chikara although I probably can't see it working in Reseda, space issues and all, but I wonder, anyone think PWG could do a fan conclave?

also, whatever happened to these former PWG guys?

Donovan Morgan
Brad Bradley
Nemesis
UK Kid
Apollo Kahn
Jardi Frantz
The Thomasellis (Sal, Vito, and Brandon)
Al Katrazz
Babi Slymm
El Jefe
Oven Mitts (Lit and Deranged)
Black Tigers (Jeremy Lopez)
El Asian

Postby Tarfoo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 am

El Asian wrote:probably doesn't mean much but apparently, I've been told that Dino Winwood was at King of Trios over the weekend, probably flew with the Jacksons

Yup, he was there.

He looks like a Japanese anime character in this photo.
Tarfoo

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Besides the Bucks title reign and the quest to dethrone them, I wish there was some other major storyline going right now. It is too bad the faction warfare did not get off the ground as that could have allowed for a variety of participants to get involved and take it to different avenues.

I am missing Kevin Steen. I wish Steen would come back a little more often.
CheMateo

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:04 pm

CheMateo wrote:Besides the Bucks title reign and the quest to dethrone them, I wish there was some other major storyline going right now. It is too bad the faction warfare did not get off the ground as that could have allowed for a variety of participants to get involved and take it to different avenues.

I am missing Kevin Steen. I wish Steen would come back a little more often.

Faction warfare would have been pretty sweet, and agreed, we need more Kevin Steen in PWG it seems like he really loves the crowd and just wants them to hate him, seems like he has a really good time in Reseda
PWGnorthern

Postby Tarfoo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 am

To be honest, the lack of storylines and promoting overall is what's keeping my excitement level somewhat low at the moment. Granted I'm pumped for DDT4, but still there's nothing really going on at the moment. PWG currently puts on fresh cards with good matches, but it's missing alot of things what in my opinion make pro wrestling. We need a Steen/Super Dragon level superfeud to shake things up.

*Waits for the wrath of Silverback*
Tarfoo

Postby Meltman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 am

Faction warfare would've been great. I agree, PWG needs something of an angle going right now. There are quite a lot of guys on the roster who could really use some fire from a feud or storyline.

The bookers seem to have a "dream card" mentality though. Attractive-looking matches over story development. Last year's Generico/Moral Fiber feud was almost 100% promo-based, but everyone was able to follow it through YouTube. So it's obviously not difficult.
Meltman

Postby IronMonkey » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Tarfoo wrote:

This made me laugh really hard for some reason. I wish they'd bring Dino in as a guest or live commentator- dude is comedy gold on the mic.
IronMonkey

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Meltman wrote:Faction warfare would've been great. I agree, PWG needs something of an angle going right now. There are quite a lot of guys on the roster who could really use some fire from a feud or storyline.

The bookers seem to have a "dream card" mentality though. Attractive-looking matches over story development. Last year's Generico/Moral Fiber feud was almost 100% promo-based, but everyone was able to follow it through YouTube. So it's obviously not difficult.

I personally don't need storylines to be excited for a show or enjoy matches but I agree that they should have fueds. Only ones that is going on right now is joey vs woman lol
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Thu May 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Just realized Generico's not won a match since Threemendous II. That's crazy! Wonder if this Sunday marks a turning point? I think him and London will take the whole thing.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Fri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Meltman wrote:Just realized Generico's not won a match since Threemendous II. That's crazy! Wonder if this Sunday marks a turning point? I think him and London will take the whole thing.

that is interesting fact although personally, I'm hoping Scott Lost and Chuck Taylor take it this year

now, as you can see from my sig, I'm starting a campaign to get PWG to book Masada for BOLA 2010 because it worked for Kenny Omega, who else is with me on that?
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Tue May 11, 2010 4:10 pm

So... Human Tornado's back again. He's wrestling for M1W on the 14th. Maybe this means, fingers crossed, a PWG return?

El Asian wrote:now, as you can see from my sig, I'm starting a campaign to get PWG to book Masada for BOLA 2010 because it worked for Kenny Omega, who else is with me on that?

Masada would fit the void left by Necro real well. Really, if they were to bring in a "brawler" type guy for exhibition matches, I say toss-up between Masada and Jon Moxley. And in my opinion Moxley's being overexposed right now so Masada would be the better choice.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed May 12, 2010 8:15 am

Meltman wrote:So... Human Tornado's back again. He's wrestling for M1W on the 14th. Maybe this means, fingers crossed, a PWG return?

hopefully we do see Tornado return to PWG, personally, I would love to see Tornado team with Kendrick and challenge Generico and London for the tag titles
El Asian wrote:now, as you can see from my sig, I'm starting a campaign to get PWG to book Masada for BOLA 2010 because it worked for Kenny Omega, who else is with me on that?

Masada would fit the void left by Necro real well. Really, if they were to bring in a "brawler" type guy for exhibition matches, I say toss-up between Masada and Jon Moxley. And in my opinion Moxley's being overexposed right now so Masada would be the better choice.

yeah, Moxley is getting a bit overexposed and Masada is a better choice at this point though wouldn't mind seeing Moxley and Callihan together in PWG in the future although I really would like to see Necro Butcher come back to PWG soon as well, maybe team with Masada or have a few matches with him
El Asian

Postby The Celt » Thu May 27, 2010 7:02 am

El Asian wrote:probably doesn't mean much but apparently, I've been told that Dino Winwood was at King of Trios over the weekend, probably flew with the Jacksons

and speaking of Chikara although I probably can't see it working in Reseda, space issues and all, but I wonder, anyone think PWG could do a fan conclave?

also, whatever happened to these former PWG guys?

Donovan Morgan
Brad Bradley
Nemesis
UK Kid
Apollo Kahn
Jardi Frantz
The Thomasellis (Sal, Vito, and Brandon)
Al Katrazz
Babi Slymm
El Jefe
Oven Mitts (Lit and Deranged)
Black Tigers (Jeremy Lopez)

Donovan Morgan: Got old
Brad Bradley: Despite having been on a WWE development contract and getting a few ROH dates just never seemed to amount to much.
Nemesis: Random SoCal guy that I assume just returned to SoCal
UK kid: Was NEVER even over in the UK, so I have no idea how he even got any dates with PWG. If PWG wanted to bring in UK talent, only 3 guys suit the PWG style: PAC of course, Jonny Storm and Jody Fleish.
Apollo Kahn: Another random SoCal guy, can't tell you what his story is.
Jardi Frantz: See above.
The Thomasellis (Sal, Vito, and Brandon): For a brief period in like 2006, 2007 IWA-MS told everyone that these guys were the new hot sh*t on the indie scene. Some people bought into that, I never did. I never got why anyone liked them and they would go on to kindly disappear from the wrestling world within two years.
Al Katrazz: Long time SoCal guy...went off to do WSX and that was pretty much the highlight of his career.
Babi Slymm: I like Slymm, but he was never right for PWG. For some reason PWG pushed big guys to the top during it's first year despite them being in total contrast to the style that would make PWG so popular, and Slymm was one of those guys. Did WSX, probably just hanging around the SoCal indies now.
El Jefe, Oven Mitts (Lit and Deranged),Black Tigers (Jeremy Lopez): Can't tell you.
The Celt

Postby Meltman » Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Anyone else getting the Bucks still as champs on the roster page? Have they not updated it? That page needs some work too, maybe additions (Briscoes, Tozawa).
Meltman

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu May 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Meltman wrote:Anyone else getting the Bucks still as champs on the roster page? Have they not updated it? That page needs some work too, maybe additions (Briscoes, Tozawa).

Nah man. Mine has had the danger bees listed since a few days after DDT4
Fsportsentertainment

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum