Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 am

ASSQUATCH wrote:It's hard to keep intrest in PWG anymore because they hold so few events.

"Anymore?" You say that as if they once ran constantly.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby fatallylost » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:04 pm

ASSQUATCH wrote:It's hard to keep intrest in PWG anymore because they hold so few events.

Really? Haven't they held one a month for, I dunno, their entire run pretty much? (barring two/three night events)
fatallylost

Postby ASSQUATCH » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:22 pm

fatallylost wrote:

Really? Haven't they held one a month for, I dunno, their entire run pretty much? (barring two/three night events)

Haha maybe thats not it maybe it's that they announce all the matches on a card at once and then theres no new news until the show happens.
ASSQUATCH

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:12 am

ASSQUATCH wrote:
fatallylost wrote:

Haha maybe thats not it maybe it's that they announce all the matches on a card at once and then theres no new news until the show happens.

What is supposed to happen in the interim?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 am

fatallylost wrote:

Actually, I think PWG missed 2months last year. In 2008 they had 11 shows, 2009 had 9shows & last year they hosted 9shows..
I could see how this might bother some of the "older" PWG fans who had 13 to 17 shows from 2005-2007.

With that said...
I've been into PWG snce late 2009 so I can't really complain. I think 9 to 11 shows is pretty good for the year.
Considering that I have never part of one... I would love for PWG to bring ALL-STAR WEEKEND. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby fatallylost » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

ASSQUATCH wrote:
fatallylost wrote:

I could sorta agree there. But, maybe there should be something once a week/every couple weeks hyping the shows. Youtube promos, written promos. Something to build more I guess.
fatallylost

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:26 pm

I agree with ASSQUATCH completely. Look at 2010, PWG only held 10 events. With BOLA being a weekend event, it's more like 9 shows. That's three months when there isn't anything going on. It's only made worse by the lack of feuds going on at the same time. PWG is still managing to put on great shows, but it doesn't have that "I have to see __ to see what happens next" feel that any company has.
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:01 pm

What indy has anything compelling going on right now? ROH has nothing. Edwards vs. Daniels is not a feud. WGTT vs. KOW is barely a feud, they keep having a rematch every 3 months...wow, incredible. What's gonna happen now? American Wolves dissent and Davey challenges for the title? PWG is doing that shit right now with KOW and at a great pace at that.

CHIKARA has nothing after the BDK bullshit fizzled. That shit with the new students in yellow paint is awful. Just bring in Kauji guys at this point. They also got rid of The Olsen Twins, one of the best, funniest teams ever. Right after they reunited them too. Terrible.

DGUSA has no feuds. They're smart by shoving 5 guys into 1 stable, then booking empty matches titled as "Stable 1 vs. Stable 2" so it means something. EVOLVE has absolutely nothing going on. CZW might have something but nobody will sit through that.
Meltman

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I agree in that I would love to see more PWG as often as possible, but if thats not possible, so be it. PWG is, truthfully, the best thing going on in professional wrestling. We are in an era in wrestling where many fans are dying off from watching the sport entirely (which has happened to almost every wrestling fan I knew coming up). PWG manages to keep our interest and put on the greatest shows Ive ever seen. Ive been to 2 Manias among other wrestling events, and I still have more fun at PWG than at any of those. We dont work in the office, so we dont know what goes on in there. I mean, they need food tubes badly.

I think the best way to help ourselves to get more PWG shows is to show our support at every event that they put on. There have been quite a few empty seats at the last few events (KRM excluded) and it'd be easier to get them to put on more shows by having every seat filled. Introduce people to PWG. I have yet to bring someone that hasnt had a good time and a few are regulars now. PWG is WINNING and everyone should know. Im bringing 3 newbies with me this time in hopes that at least one will keep coming back, if not all 3!
Fsportsentertainment

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Meltman wrote:What indy has anything compelling going on right now? ROH has nothing. Edwards vs. Daniels is not a feud. WGTT vs. KOW is barely a feud, they keep having a rematch every 3 months...wow, incredible. What's gonna happen now? American Wolves dissent and Davey challenges for the title? PWG is doing that shit right now with KOW and at a great pace at that.

CHIKARA has nothing after the BDK bullshit fizzled. That shit with the new students in yellow paint is awful. Just bring in Kauji guys at this point. They also got rid of The Olsen Twins, one of the best, funniest teams ever. Right after they reunited them too. Terrible.

They're able to not have a ton of feuds though. They actually have a lot of shows, podcasts, videowire and various other means to keep fans attentions in between shows.

Currently, PWG only has the first announcement of the next show and then the results of the show. Every once in awhile, we may get a youtube video where we get a preview of the DVD. Since they don't have a lot of things going on like CHIKARA or ROH, they could have more feuds in order to keep fans interest from show to show. PWG is easily my favorite indy going today, but there's long periods where there isn't anything new to talk about.
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 pm

It's a case of quality over quantity. ROH will have upwards of 30 shows a year, but how many of those are must-buys? 8 or 9? I'd love for PWG to have more shows a year (at least 12 for fuck's sake), but every PWG show since 2009 has at least 3 must-see matches so you know you'll be watching.

I do agree with you on one thing. I hate PWG posting a whole show at once. 7 matches all at once. People buzz for a week. But then the show is usually 3 more weeks away so nobody says a word until it's the weekend. PWG needs to figure out a pace. 4 matches get paragraphs...announce those matches each 5 days apart. 10 days til showtime. A week away you announce the 3 remaining matches with the locals. Why not do this? It keeps PWG talked about.

PWG should be a lot more popular. Best wrestling right now. But they do zero self-promotion. Get that shit together.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:05 am

I love how they got the weird Japanese name right but not Gatson's.
Meltman

Postby Endurance » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:I agree in that I would love to see more PWG as often as possible, but if thats not possible, so be it. PWG is, truthfully, the best thing going on in professional wrestling. We are in an era in wrestling where many fans are dying off from watching the sport entirely (which has happened to almost every wrestling fan I knew coming up). PWG manages to keep our interest and put on the greatest shows Ive ever seen. Ive been to 2 Manias among other wrestling events, and I still have more fun at PWG than at any of those. We dont work in the office, so we dont know what goes on in there. I mean, they need food tubes badly.

I think the best way to help ourselves to get more PWG shows is to show our support at every event that they put on. There have been quite a few empty seats at the last few events (KRM excluded) and it'd be easier to get them to put on more shows by having every seat filled. Introduce people to PWG. I have yet to bring someone that hasnt had a good time and a few are regulars now. PWG is WINNING and everyone should know. Im bringing 3 newbies with me this time in hopes that at least one will keep coming back, if not all 3!

I totally agree with you man. I showed my friend (a high school wrestler with 0 exposure to indy wrestling) the dvd preview vid to Cyanide. Now we're going to Winning together. If people knew what PWG was all about, they would fill seats regularly.
Endurance

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:58 am

Why don't they ever utilize managers in PWG? There hasn't been a good manager since Sweeney.

I'd kill to see Human Tornado back as somebody's manager/mouthpiece. He's done commentary before too. Why not, PWG? Contact the guy! Something like this could even play part in Hero/Claudio.
Meltman

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:01 am

Meltman wrote:I'd kill to see Human Tornado back as somebody's manager/mouthpiece.

I always thought Tornado would be awesome as the manager of LTP. Have LTP be his pimp in training. Even have LTP use the kick dance combo move Tornado used to do. If LTP isn't returning anytime soon what about a crazy twist- Human Tornado-Taylor?
Also why isn't Buggy booked as RockNES valet. I understand her look isn't exactly RockNES' look, but we all know her connection to Goodtime and she's at every show anyways. Plus we all love her!
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby fatallylost » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Even though I have a soft spot for managers in wrestling. I'm not sure how great they'd work. I know we do get a few promos a show, but it'd have to be someone really good to counter the fact that you'd possibly be paying someone for so little real work at the shows.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:
Meltman wrote:I'd kill to see Human Tornado back as somebody's manager/mouthpiece.

I always thought Tornado would be awesome as the manager of LTP. Have LTP be his pimp in training. Even have LTP use the kick dance combo move Tornado used to do. If LTP isn't returning anytime soon what about a crazy twist- Human Tornado-Taylor?
Also why isn't Buggy booked as RockNES valet. I understand her look isn't exactly RockNES' look, but we all know her connection to Goodtime and she's at every show anyways. Plus we all love her!

Yes we do!!

fatallylost wrote:Even though I have a soft spot for managers in wrestling. I'm not sure how great they'd work. I know we do get a few promos a show, but it'd have to be someone really good to counter the fact that you'd possibly be paying someone for so little real work at the shows.

This is why. They would be paying another person to walk around the ring. Plus where the fuck are they going to walk, on the front row peoples feet? lol
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 am

I was reading about Edge's retirement. It sounds like the exact reason Chris Bosh retired.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 am

Finally got around to watching Cyanide and really enjoyed Bucks vs. the Fightin' Taylor Boys
Garden State Saint

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 am

How cool would it be if Generico cashed in his rematch clause and picked...PAC as his partner? Tons of history, PAC returns. PAC vs. Bucks!
Meltman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum