Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 am

Yea, saw that roo. Apparently it looked way worse then it ended up being.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:56 pm

You guys hear about NJPW signing Will Ospreay?

I'm super-pleased for him, if true. He'll go down a treat out there.

Fingers crossed he can still make the odd trip over to Reseda :)
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Hopefully Ospreay has a Young Buck schedule and not a Kenny Omega schedule.

By the way Will and Marty are wrestling each other in Dallas (honestly this could be match of the weekend), then then both debut in Evolve that weekend joining Tommy and Zack. All r guys are made men at this point.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am

So All Star Weekend will be running against a bunch of shows. Sami, Everett, End, Ospreay, and Angelico are all in Southside in England that weekend. Thatcher is in wXw, Mark Andrews is in Attack! In England, DDT is running so hopefully Joey misses this weekend, I believe New Japan is holding their New Japan Cup, so probally no Elgin.

If you are looking for debuts Haskins is unfortunatly booked for southside, as is Havoc. Can't find anything for Jack Gallagher, fingers crossed on that one. And can't find anything for Sabre and Scurll, so probally PWG.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 am

Oh, also AIW is running on the 5th.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:20 pm

eastbay510 wrote:So All Star Weekend will be running against a bunch of shows. Sami, Everett, End, Ospreay, and Angelico are all in Southside in England that weekend. Thatcher is in wXw, Mark Andrews is in Attack! In England, DDT is running so hopefully Joey misses this weekend, I believe New Japan is holding their New Japan Cup, so probally no Elgin.

If you are looking for debuts Haskins is unfortunatly booked for southside, as is Havoc. Can't find anything for Jack Gallagher, fingers crossed on that one. And can't find anything for Sabre and Scurll, so probally PWG.

I think Tommy End had pulled out from that Southside show, so I think he might be available, I guess it really depends what PWG has in store for All Star Weekend, I have faith PWG will have something, as for Elgin, depends on his flight, it could be possible for him to make night 2 at the very least unless he does shows between New Japan Cup with NJPW

eastbay510 wrote:Oh, also AIW is running on the 5th.

Yeah but Pentagon Jr. is scheduled to work their show on the 18th in that month, so hopefully him and the other luchadors are returning by ASW
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:38 pm

El Asian wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:So All Star Weekend will be running against a bunch of shows. Sami, Everett, End, Ospreay, and Angelico are all in Southside in England that weekend. Thatcher is in wXw, Mark Andrews is in Attack! In England, DDT is running so hopefully Joey misses this weekend, I believe New Japan is holding their New Japan Cup, so probally no Elgin.

I think Tommy End had pulled out from that Southside show, so I think he might be available, I guess it really depends what PWG has in store for All Star Weekend, I have faith PWG will have something, as for Elgin, depends on his flight, it could be possible for him to make night 2 at the very least unless he does shows between New Japan Cup with NJPW

eastbay510 wrote:Oh, also AIW is running on the 5th.

Yeah but Pentagon Jr. is scheduled to work their show on the 18th in that month, so hopefully him and the other luchadors are returning by ASW

Really want to see Pentagon live, Fenix too. I was not impressed at all with Aerostar, and Drago was ok.

There are a few guys who could do both Japan/Europe shows(I'd have to look up who) But that is an exhausting few days.

I'm thinking mabey they will do another 3 debut triple threat or some shit like that(not sure who though, mabey Lio Rush, Yehi and someone else, I'm just spitballing here). The list will narrow once that AIW card is announced. That being said I'm sure this has been booked for months now, so we will find out soon.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:51 pm

I've been thinking of a list of things that I think would be good for ASW XII to do-
1. Introduce some new guys
2. Use the ROH connection-bring Castle back, maybe bring back Cedric Alexander, bring in some other new guys from there
3. Bring in the Europeans
4. Bring in the LU/AAA guys
5. Revitalize the tag scene
6. Get Zack Sabre Jr. that belt
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:08 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I've been thinking of a list of things that I think would be good for ASW XII to do-
2. Use the ROH connection-bring Castle back, maybe bring back Cedric Alexander, bring in some other new guys from there

Zack/Roddy would make up for anyone who is not avalable to be honest. I think we are definatly getting Scurll as I can't find him on any cards that weekend. Ospreay, Andrews, End(unless what El Asian said is correct) are all booked. As for debuts, just about all the top European guys are booked; Haskins, Morgan Webster, Tyler Bate, Big Daddy Walter, Jimmy Havoc.

By the way I forgot to check Preston City Wrestling's site. They have a show March 5th. Galloway and Dickinson are booked for that, as is Mastiff(Not a fan at all, so this is fine).

Only guys I can't find anywhere are Paul Robinson(who is an amazing heel but no name yet) and Jack Gallagher(please for the love of God).
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Really want to see Pentagon live, Fenix too. I was not impressed at all with Aerostar, and Drago was ok.

Aero Star was a bit of disappointment though granted, his one match was against Brian Cage, and while I like Cage, he has been getting sloppy more and more lately, I think maybe Drago and Aero Star would be fine tagging together plus Aero Star seemed to really love his time in PWG especially during the 10 man tag at BOLA night 3. But I will agree that Pentagon Jr. and Fenix are much more obviously the best of the 4 luchadors, I think this is even showing in Lucha Underground and AAA itself.

pwggrodd wrote:I've been thinking of a list of things that I think would be good for ASW XII to do-

I can see that, I would also maybe throw in guys from Japan like Dragon Gate or DDT as a possibility as well
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:14 am

Brian Cage has always been hit or miss. The thing is Aerostar botched the same move 2 nights in a row. And even if he didn't botch he really isn't close to being in Pentagon or Fenix's level.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:32 am

You've never seen him in Mexico.
pwggrodd

Postby jdrouskirsh » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:15 pm

pwggrodd wrote:You've never seen him in Mexico.

Of course if you're wrestling where everyone is very sloppy and botches most of their moves, they don't look that bad
jdrouskirsh

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:06 am

Yeah, like I said, you actually have to know what your talking about to have a respectable opinion.
pwggrodd

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:42 pm

The more Beyond stuff I see on youtube, the more I want Donovan Dijak, David Starr, JT Dunn, Jonathan Gresham and Lio Rush to make some PWG debuts!!
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:50 am

So on Thursday Roddy passes Hero, meaning only Steen and Cole have spent more days as champ, and only Cole's reign has lasted longer.

Which kinda makes me think Sabre/Roddy won't happen at ASW. If Roddy makes it to 13 he should pass Cole, which would give them something tangible to feud over. Also Sabre/Roddy would be a great main event for an anniversary show. Not sure what they would do until then though, mabey a few brawls?
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:23 am

I really hope PWG starts to update their website more often. It seems like they feel they are so successful that they don't even need to try anymore. Well thats the impression I get at least. Kinda sucks.
shyboy13

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:40 am

i hate to say, i really do but i can't help get the same feeling sometimes.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Looks like they updated the Header on the front page got rid of Candice and Gargano and replaced them with Sabre Jr and Bailey.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:02 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Looks like they updated the Header on the front page got rid of Candice and Gargano and replaced them with Sabre Jr and Bailey.

I'll bet they are waiting for after ASW to update the roster. I'm thinking both titles may change hands.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum