Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:48 pm

If his PWG career was any indication, the answer is cocaine. Lots and lots of cocaine.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:52 pm

pwggrodd wrote:If his PWG career was any indication, the answer is cocaine. Lots and lots of cocaine.

This is something Excalibur would say.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks for the compliment!
pwggrodd

Postby luca brasi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 pm

I heard he just had a baby. Well, his wife that is. Not sure if it was their first.
luca brasi

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Main Event Kyle O'Reily v.s Adam Cole in a Submission or Knockout Only Match for the PWG World Title! Trevor Lee/Cedric Alexander/Andrew Everett vs. The Young Bucks/Kevin Steen ACH v.s Ricochet Johnny Gargano v.s Rocky Romero Brian Cage v.s Roderick Strong Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae vs. Best Friends Rich Swann v.s AR Fox So far this is this card for the May 23 Show , i'm wondering how many more match's are gonna be added to the card . With 7 already i'm assuming only 2 more max so i'm curious to see else will be in the Legion Hall that night . So far no Hero , Elgin , Ciampa , Mack , or RockNES . I'd love to see Hero v.s Elgin added to the show but i'm not sure if there already booked that night . Also Tozawa recently posted a video of him v.s Ricochet on twitter and titled it " Home " man it would be great to see him back .
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:16 am

This looks like another super-fun show. Particularly looking forward to the top 3 matches.
toby80

Postby toby80 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 pm

It's a shame Elgin, Hero and Ciampa aren't on the Sold Our Soul... card. I'm guessing they must have bookings elsewhere. Still, it's a helluva line-up!
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:16 am

Is this the first time Strong vs. Cage is happening in PWG? That can't be right.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:59 am

Surprisingly, I think it is. At least it's their first singles match. It'll be interesting to see Brian Cage's ridiculous hugeness matched up against the Freaky Roderick Strength.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:36 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Surprisingly, I think it is. At least it's their first singles match. It'll be interesting to see Brian Cage's ridiculous hugeness matched up against the Freaky Roderick Strength.

I'm not sure how this match will play out, Roddy's matches with bigger guys in the past haven't been as good as advertised. I've seen several Roddy/Claudio and Roddy/Elgin matchups that haven't lived up to expectations. I remember when Danielson was in the indys he had trouble having good matches with flyers, mabey Bigger guys are Roddy's flyers, or mabey it's just those guys styles didn't mest with Strong's.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Lovin the new banner for We Sold Our Sold For Rock N Roll :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:08 pm

I said this on Twitter, but I think the commentary team for Cole/O'Reily should be Excalibur and Nigel McGuinness. I think most people are expecting a title change, this is a HUGE match and Nigel usually goes to shows anyway, why not have him on commentary? The passion he brought to the 5 star Davey/Elgin match Wrestlemania weekend a couple years ago was a thing of beauty, having him on commentary would really put this match over thee top.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:58 pm

I'd be all for that. Plus I'm one of the people that thinks this is where O'Reilly takes the belt.
Garden State Saint

Postby CreedP » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Honestly, I'd find that a little anti-climactic at this point. He won BOLA, he got his shot, he failed. Drake was built up as the guy who could actually beat Cole, the first guy to pin a Mount Rushmore guy.... then he won the #1 contender match... then he got hired away, dangit.

That's not PWG's fault, obviously, I just think that it makes Kyle feel like 'The guy who got the belt cuz Drake left'. Not 100%, but enough that it makes seem less awesome and more arbitrary.

Eh, at this point we've been so starved for a truly 'good ending' that it'll still be cool if it happens. Come to think of it, Best Friends winning DDT4'14 is about the only 'good ending' I've ever seen live (since Failure to Communicate in 2012). It's been all disappointment: heel finishes, 'Adam Cole steals one', 'Young Bucks steal one', etc. And of course, I can't make this show... haha

CREED
CreedP

Postby pwggrodd » Fri May 02, 2014 11:21 am

Well, at least you'll get to see the Bucks lose the belts if you can make it to the Anniversary show-right? Does anyone else get the feeling that this card is sort of underwhelming because they've got something(possibly multiple somethings) REALLY big planned for the Anniversary show? Because that's the vibe I'm getting.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:35 am

I'm actually really looking forward to this show. It'll be great to see how the new lads, in Everett, Lee and Alexander, square up to Steen and The Bucks. Ricochet versus ACH is a match I've been hoping for, for a while now. Athletically speaking, those two are on a different level. Best Friends against The World's Cutest Tag Team should be a hoot. And this is the first time that I've truly believed Cole might drop the title.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Sun May 04, 2014 9:09 pm

I am too. I just kinda thought, since the 100th show was treated as a big event, the 150th might too. Like I said, I think they've got bigger plans for the anniversary show. That being said, I think the match I'm most interested in, other than the semi-main and main event, might be Gargano vs. Romero. Romero is under-rated as a singles guy, I think, and his style might mesh pretty well with Gargano's. I expect some fireworks there. Rest of the card looks pretty solid, except for Cage/Strong. Don't know about that one. Cage is inconsistent as a singles guy. I think Strong COULD get something out of him, but I don't know if he WILL.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon May 05, 2014 4:10 pm

You know, looking at the ROH vs. NJPW card coming up, it is such a huge letdown how its being booked, even compared to normal ROH booking. Aside for Nakamura vs. Steen, nothing really sounds interesting though I'm sure Okada vs. Cedric Alexander might be a really good match, its definitely feels like a step below from the originally intended match between Okada vs. Elgin that was suppose to happen. The reason I bring this up is because I just wanted point out how much I really with NJPW did a joint show with PWG instead or have NJPW guys in PWG.

Anyways, just a random a thing I want to see for a future show, I would to see PWG do a 1 night 6 person tournament, I think PWG has plenty of guys to fill that one as well as maybe a debut or so as well.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue May 06, 2014 2:54 pm

I would just settle for Tozawa and Omega on the same show, or against each other.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu May 08, 2014 4:36 am

Anybody else get Mystery Vortex II in the mail yet?
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum