Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:27 am

OSKMIA wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:was that brandon gatson getting beat up/bumping for johnny mundo in that special look at mundo segment on lucha underground??

i always liked gatson in PWG.

You mean this this one? Yeah it looks like him but I'm not sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_1p4YEzgKY

that's the one. i really enjoy lucha underground, if that's him i hope they let him wrestle some matches. also if possible i would like to see a few of the lucha underground guys in PWG. mostly pentagon jr.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:24 am

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:So Evolve drew...10,500. I can't imagine them not handing out contracts now.

You're ignoring a fuckton of socio-economic factors, like the fact that Evolve would never draw 10K in "the west." I'd go so far as to say that the talent didn't draw anyone - it was the promotional company.

And the other comment underestimates how much the quickly growing Chinese middle class yearns for entertainment, among other things. Evolve (or any promotion worth a shit) could run China for years and continue to draw thousands.

I don't care how it happened. If it kicked some yen into the WWNLive machine then good.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Word is that they had planned to go back, but then there was word that they won't be back there in January, which was taken as a bad sign of the supposedly big future they had there.
pwggrodd

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:40 pm

According to reddit (I know, it's not reliable) WWE called up Uhaa Nation for a tryout after seeing his match with Cage and signed him...again, not reliable but a quick hello/goodbye to/from PWG? Wow, if this true. It's widely speculated that Rich Swann and Uhaa were asked to tryout at the same time or roughly around the same time, recently.

Here is the subreddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nveb9/uhaa_nation_shows_his_athletic_side_according_to/
Itchypanda

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Damn, just like Samuray del Sol. Waited way too long to bring him in.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:39 am

gotta love this time of year with the 5 for 40 special. merry christmas!!
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 am

Itchypanda wrote:According to reddit (I know, it's not reliable) WWE called up Uhaa Nation for a tryout after seeing his match with Cage and signed him...again, not reliable but a quick hello/goodbye to/from PWG? Wow, if this true. It's widely speculated that Rich Swann and Uhaa were asked to tryout at the same time or roughly around the same time, recently.

Here is the subreddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nveb9/uhaa_nation_shows_his_athletic_side_according_to/

Sign the guy so we can get Uhaa vs. Neville as soon as possible.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Well I wouldn't worry about Uhaa, from what I'm hearing, Uhaa might not even sigh with the WWE as he feels he can make more money with indies and Dragon Gate than he does with WWE.

And speaking of Dragon Gate, since PWG is losing some ROH guys next year except for guys not under contract with ROH anyways, hopefully that gets worked out but in the mean time, maybe PWG could work some deals with Dragon Gate and New Japan to bring in any guys from Japan for a few shows, might have to work a deal out with Jeff Jarrett to bring in NJPW guys though.
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:06 pm

El Asian wrote:Well I wouldn't worry about Uhaa, from what I'm hearing, Uhaa might not even sigh with the WWE as he feels he can make more money with indies and Dragon Gate than he does with WWE.

And speaking of Dragon Gate, since PWG is losing some ROH guys next year except for guys not under contract with ROH anyways, hopefully that gets worked out but in the mean time, maybe PWG could work some deals with Dragon Gate and New Japan to bring in any guys from Japan for a few shows, might have to work a deal out with Jeff Jarrett to bring in NJPW guys though.

That's not how wrestling works. I don't think Excalibur and Dragon give two darns about bureaucracy either.

There are plenty of great workers outside of ROH who PWG has the space to accommodate if the ROH thing does happen.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
El Asian wrote:Well I wouldn't worry about Uhaa, from what I'm hearing, Uhaa might not even sigh with the WWE as he feels he can make more money with indies and Dragon Gate than he does with WWE.

That's not how wrestling works. I don't think Excalibur and Dragon give two darns about bureaucracy either.

There are plenty of great workers outside of ROH who PWG has the space to accommodate if the ROH thing does happen.

Your probably right and I was also considering the just in case the EVOLVE stuff in China effects PWG as well though I agree, there will always be some talent for PWG to look into but I was just thinking about the possibility PWG bringing in guys from NJPW or Dragon Gate for an appearance plus its not like NJPW itself has been entirely committed to working with ROH or Dragon Gate itself with DGUSA, maybe I just would like to see PWG do something like how some indies in Europe can bring in guys from Japan on occasion but who knows, maybe the flight from Japan to Europe easier than flying from Japan to LA
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't like to double post and I don't often do it but I wonder when we'll get word for the next show
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 pm

El Asian wrote:I don't like to double post and I don't often do it but I wonder when we'll get word for the next show

Agreed, With Cole and O'Reilly gone (and not sure about ACH yet) can't wait to see how they respond. I'm assuming it will be DDT4, and if it is I really hope the Beaver Boys and/or Team Tremendous debut.
eastbay510

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:39 pm

I've been meaning to make this gif for a while. The origins of the Trevor Lee Special. Hahahaha

abouttreefitty350

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:32 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:I've been meaning to make this gif for a while. The origins of the Trevor Lee Special. Hahahaha

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Brandon Gatson do this move in PWG way before Trevor did?
OSKMIA

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't remember Gatson ever using it.
abouttreefitty350

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:57 pm

1 minute in... He calls it the Gatling Gun.
OSKMIA

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:06 pm

There's the proof! I still can't remember him doing it in PWG though.
abouttreefitty350

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:14 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:There's the proof! I still can't remember him doing it in PWG though.

I think he used it once... maybe twice in PWG. It was so long ago since we last saw him in a PWG ring. :cry:
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:56 pm

I remember he DESTROYED Malachi Jackson with it at Against the Grain to win a four-way match. The crowd exploded with applause.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 pm

When is the next show?
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum