Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Mon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

to certain people listening in order, you know you probably don't have to listen to them in order, its not like Lost or something where there's some big mystery behind and you have to watch it all to understand them

also, I really want Cabana to interview Excalibur for an episode
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:54 pm

I really want to Cabana to interview the Kings of Wrestling on seperate occations.
eastbay510

Postby Meltman » Wed May 18, 2011 1:49 pm

El Asian wrote:also, I really want Cabana to interview Excalibur for an episode

Everybody should be interviewing Excalibur all the time.

BTW it's interesting how Cabana in PWG doesn't wrestle anymore but still shows up for commentary. Cabana is very good, they should book him time to time to put guys over. He's in Cali a lot too.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Wed May 18, 2011 7:41 pm

They should team Candice with somebody permanently. A male-female tag team. She's over and legit unlike most females who wrestle guys.

Like an Avalon/Candice odd couple team would be real entertaining.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 pm

El Asian wrote:also, I really want Cabana to interview Excalibur for an episode

I asked and I received my wish :mrgreen:
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 20, 2011 12:34 am

jeremy buck was wearing a cutler bros. shirt on impact.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 pm

if anyone ever listened to Excalibur's interview with Colt Cabana, one thing that has me curious was when Colt mentioned that a lot of WWE guys he's talked to has said that the one thing they look forward to after getting released was getting booked in PWG
El Asian

Postby TelkEvolon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 pm

El Asian wrote:if anyone ever listened to Excalibur's interview with Colt Cabana, one thing that has me curious was when Colt mentioned that a lot of WWE guys he's talked to has said that the one thing they look forward to after getting released was getting booked in PWG

That was probably one of the funniest AoW podcasts.

I don't even remember that being said. Seems realistic, but it doesn't seem like so many get booked, so it seems odd that that would be the case.
TelkEvolon

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:05 pm

The Excalibur interview was alot of fun and the last AoW podcast I listened to which is at least three weeks ago. Excalibur talking about his old job was a riot.
Garden State Saint

Postby TelkEvolon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 am

Garden State Saint wrote:The Excalibur interview was alot of fun and the last AoW podcast I listened to which is at least three weeks ago. Excalibur talking about his old job was a riot.

Something like this had me cracking up;

"I had an 'in' at Revolution Pro, mind you, having an 'in' at Rev Pro was like having an 'in' at the shack by the river."
TelkEvolon

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:56 am

I need to go back and find the show where Excalibur deemed "BOOM! California" to be the worst name for a manuever. Obviously, this was a Jack Evans match.
Garden State Saint

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:47 pm

TelkEvolon wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:The Excalibur interview was alot of fun and the last AoW podcast I listened to which is at least three weeks ago. Excalibur talking about his old job was a riot.

Something like this had me cracking up;

"I had an 'in' at Revolution Pro, mind you, having an 'in' at Rev Pro was like having an 'in' at the shack by the river."

Wait.. so, are you saying you have an in at the shack by the river? Cause I hear you need to know someone, and I hear it's pretty swanky.
fatallylost

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

I know this dude named Matt Foley that lives in a van down by the river, if that counts.
Garden State Saint

Postby fatallylost » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:I know this dude named Matt Foley that lives in a van down by the river, if that counts.

Yeah, that guy came over once. Douche broke my coffee table. Didn't even offer to help clean up.
fatallylost

Postby El Asian » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:42 pm

you know, with San Diego Comic Con coming up and looking at stuff happening in San Diego outside of Comic Con for Comic Con, I wonder if PWG can pull off running a show at Comic Con for next year, M1W runs a show in San Diego during the Comic Con weekend though last year they booked Shelton Benjamin vs. Scorpio Sky and Londrick vs. RockNES Monsters and that drew over 100 people though that might be just the capacity of the venue they ran that show but I think the PWG loyal fans would be willing to travel down to San Diego for a show though the only problem is the anniversary show and most PWG fans would prefer to have an anniversary show in the LA area and my only solution for that is to run a show in LA for the anniversary show before Comic Con (if possible) and then run a show in San Diego for Comic Con
El Asian

Postby fatallylost » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Personally, I don't care about Comic Con. While I wouldn't be against going sometime, I'm just not that into anything they have. But I know so many others are.

Also, as an aside, Mach 1 is running a show Saturday in San Diego again. We'll see if it does the same, or better, with a little more momentum and another year under their belt.
fatallylost

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 pm

fatallylost wrote:Personally, I don't care about Comic Con. While I wouldn't be against going sometime, I'm just not that into anything they have. But I know so many others are.

Also, as an aside, Mach 1 is running a show Saturday in San Diego again. We'll see if it does the same, or better, with a little more momentum and another year under their belt.

I don't know if M1W will do better than last year, obviously, but it does seem last year does seem to have less build as it seems last year had a build over a month plus the card this year looks weaker than last year's from M1W

anyways as for the Con itself, there's plenty of shit to do there even if you don't have a pass to go plus, like I said, I'm sure tons of PWG fans would travel down to San Diego to see the show and as well PWG can attract new fans, with a nice looking card and maybe good enough hype around it
El Asian

Postby fatallylost » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm sure it doesn't help that they couldn't use Joey, RockNES, Avalon and a few others cause of PWG.
fatallylost

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:02 am

Anybody going to the show tonight and want to text me results?
Garden State Saint

Postby Lane » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am

PWG running at Comic Con could be good or bad, Good because you expose the product to a newer fan base but bad because the turnout could be a bust.
Lane

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum