Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

So, I'm watching DTABM, and Excalibur refers to Generico as a two-time PWG double crown champion. Since, you know, he won the World and Tag Titles. But, and I'm just throwing this out here, Generico could be considered PWG's only Grand Slam Champ as well. There are guys like Richards and Ryan who won what I'd call the PWG Triple Crown (World, Tag, BOLA or DDT4), but Generico's the only one who did it all. Just throwing it out there.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby jdrouskirsh » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:So, I'm watching DTABM, and Excalibur refers to Generico as a two-time PWG double crown champion. Since, you know, he won the World and Tag Titles. But, and I'm just throwing this out here, Generico could be considered PWG's only Grand Slam Champ as well. There are guys like Richards and Ryan who won what I'd call the PWG Triple Crown (World, Tag, BOLA or DDT4), but Generico's the only one who did it all. Just throwing it out there.

by double crown champion I believe he's saying he's referring to the two separate occasions he held those belts simultaneously
jdrouskirsh

Postby Meltman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 am

Yeah, it's because during both of Generico's World Title runs, he also held the Tag belts at one point (first with Steen, then Paul London).

But yeah, Generico's PWG history is incredible. The only double-crown champ (and 2-time at that), the only guy to win both BOLA and DDT4. Also the only guy to appear at all 8 BOLA tournaments. Hopefully he makes it this year.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Meltman wrote:Also the only guy to appear at all 8 BOLA tournaments. Hopefully he makes it this year.

Thats just an outstanding stat.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am

if Callihan is still with PWG (and the indies in general) by the end of this year, I would love for PWG to put Callihan and Elgin as a tag team together, they've teamed before but they have gotten better since then obviously and it would work even more now
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am

So now that Brian Cage is getting a main event push can we stop refering to him as a Taylor in singles matches?
eastbay510

Postby luca brasi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 am

I heard Excalibur on commentary say something to the effect of "when he's in singles matches he is Brain Cage when he tags with the Taylors he is Brian Cage-Taylor"
paraphrasing of course
luca brasi

Postby Meltman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Safe to say, unless Cage gives a bad delivery in a future big match, he won't tag with Ryan Taylor any longer.

Guy's going places, he's officially in the title picture now after his role in Mack/Steen.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 pm

eastbay510 wrote:So now that Brian Cage is getting a main event push can we stop refering to him as a Taylor in singles matches?

If you start the trend others will follow.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 am

So I'm watching DTABM and Excalibur and Steen refer to the guy who pounds the ring diffrently as "Termanator hands"... Take that other promotions, we got the mother fuckin Termanator at our shows!!!
eastbay510

Postby Itchypanda » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:56 am

eastbay510 wrote:So I'm watching DTABM and Excalibur and Steen refer to the guy who pounds the ring diffrently as "Termanator hands"... Take that other promotions, we got the mother fuckin Termanator at our shows!!!

LOL, yeah some fans refer to him as T-1000. I talked to him briefly and realized he doesn't watch the DVD's and isn't aware of his notoriety. He mentioned that he was embarrassed sometimes because he thought some people were imitating and mocking him. I told him it was a tribute and that he should keep doing so because he has definitely become a fun part of the show.
Itchypanda

Postby ad.breed » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 am

Can you guys try to get the entire front row doing the T-1000 dance at some point. With Steen if at all possible.
ad.breed

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 am

i was hoping cage would feud with the taylors before dropping the name.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:56 am

ad.breed wrote:Can you guys try to get the entire front row doing the T-1000 dance at some point. With Steen if at all possible.

I imagine the moment for such a thing would be the winning pinfall in the finals of BOLA.
Garden State Saint

Postby Colt Banana » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 am

Ugh I'm shockingly far behind on DVDs, I haven't been able to get anything since Perils! Right now I'm waiting for 4 for $40 to roll around and I'm going to get like 8 DVDs in one go!
Colt Banana

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:15 am

Colt Banana wrote:Ugh I'm shockingly far behind on DVDs, I haven't been able to get anything since Perils! Right now I'm waiting for 4 for $40 to roll around and I'm going to get like 8 DVDs in one go!

check out highspots.com from time to time, about a month ago they had a bunch of PWG dvds for $10 a shot, i picked up steenwolf, fear, KRR3, and worlds finest.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby MFKR78 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 am

Seeing as I don't yet know loads about PWG I'll use here to ask a few random questions!

What's happened to Super Dragon this time? Is the injury bad and do you expect him to come back again?!

How come Candice LeRae is the only women that wrestles the men in PWG? I don't mind women's wrestling much but am not desperate to see it so I don't have a problem with there being no division, but I find it odd that she is the 1 woman that continually wrestles men on the card.

Has anyone ever thought of a secondary singles title in PWG or is the roster not big enough to carry such a title?!

Do you miss storylines and wish there were a few more or are people happy with PWG being pretty much 100% wrestling? Personally I'm a big fan of it as if I want to see the silly storylines I'd watch WWE which I can't anymore (I would have said TNA but actually they've improved so much I really enjoy them at the mo) and the indy companies that have changed (see ROH) have changed for the worse in my opinion. I'm quite happy to have supercards with so much wrestling in PWG and don't see the need for more drama and backstage stuff. I used to be a huge ROH fan but now if I want to see awesome wrestling this is the place to be for it.

Whatever happened to Paul London and is he done with wrestling or something? I recall reading something about him falling out with PWG and that was why Ricochet replaced him with Generico ages back, but I'm wondering whatever happened to him generally too. To be honest I think he's an awesome wrestler and I miss watching him but it seems like he's burnt out with the business or something (thanks Vince) and I can never quite work him out on a personal level from shoots I've seen as he can be pretty wacky and out there (Project Paul London was just mostly bizarre)

Also love the commentary on PWG being so un-PC, it's refreshing and fun in this day and age! Nearly spat my drink out in surprise last night when Chris Hero randomly dropped an N bomb during the American Wolves/Super Smash Brothers match on Fear! Did anyone notice that?!

What is everyone's all time favourite match in PWG?!
MFKR78

Postby loserkings007 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
Colt Banana wrote:Ugh I'm shockingly far behind on DVDs, I haven't been able to get anything since Perils! Right now I'm waiting for 4 for $40 to roll around and I'm going to get like 8 DVDs in one go!

check out highspots.com from time to time, about a month ago they had a bunch of PWG dvds for $10 a shot, i picked up steenwolf, fear, KRR3, and worlds finest.

Man when sale like that happens, you need to come here and inform us lol, seeing as I visit this more more than I do highspots.
loserkings007

Postby Hook The Leg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 am

loserkings007 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:

Man when sale like that happens, you need to come here and inform us lol, seeing as I visit this more more than I do highspots.

It's not gonna help you catch up, but highspots is having a sale right now on a lot of their older PWG DVDs for $5. Part of their 5 Dollar Days sale.
Hook The Leg

Postby loserkings007 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 am

Hook The Leg wrote:
loserkings007 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:

It's not gonna help you catch up, but highspots is having a sale right now on a lot of their older PWG DVDs for $5. Part of their 5 Dollar Days sale.

Not going to lie, gotta thank you. Haven't picked up BOLA 2007 yet and I see it for $5 a night. Going to see whatelse I can pick up, missing a few in 2008.
loserkings007

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum