Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 am

I heard yesterday that TK Cooper and Dahlia Black's work visas for the UK are up in May, and they may not return. So, maybe it is time for them to consider U.S. appearances.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I heard yesterday that TK Cooper and Dahlia Black's work visas for the UK are up in May, and they may not return. So, maybe it is time for them to consider U.S. appearances.

They said there is a chance they may end up missing only a show or 2, but Dahlia tweeted me saying they are for sure missing Super Strong Style 16... which I will be attending and may be my only chance to see a Progress show, so bummed about this, unbelievable timing.

But anyway, I don't know if you saw TK and Travis vs Walter/Dieter, but it was one of my favorite matches this year so far, which is saying a lot because the quality of wrestling this year is very high. Travis is definitely the better wrestler right now, but TK is getting really great really fast and is a charisma machine. He and Dahlia are way too good to fade into obscurity. I really hope PWG takes a chance and brings them in for BOLA.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:23 am

eastbay510 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:how was OI4k at the last show?? never been a fan of those guys personally but i'm always open to having my mind changed.

They had a couple nice spots, but overall the Bucks did most of the work. I thought the match was a mess, just spots, and not in a good way. I was actually bored, but it seemed like most other people liked it. I'm with you, OI4K is not my thing.

hmm, to be fair 6man tags are usually very spot heavy. ah well i didn't have high xpectations anyways.

teams i'd rather see that OI4K

rockNES
reno scum
B-boy & cholo
scorpio & either willie mack or ryan taylor
los luchas

i guess if they need a team to back up sami against superkliq reno scum would be a the best fit.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:16 am

Zack wore the PWG championship at New Japan last night. Awesome.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:03 pm

I wonder if PWG will ever get another championship belt. The current one has one of it's side plates cracked in half. And I never noticed it doesn't actually say PWG on it.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:21 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I wonder if PWG will ever get another championship belt. The current one has one of it's side plates cracked in half. And I never noticed it doesn't actually say PWG on it.

Yeah, given how much abuse the belts have had, especially by the Young Bucks, all these years, I do agree PWG should get some new belts, both tag and world title, depending how much Dragon feels comfortable paying Reggie Parks, a person well known for making wrestling titles, to make a good quality PWG titles.

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:hmm, to be fair 6man tags are usually very spot heavy. ah well i didn't have high xpectations anyways.

teams i'd rather see that OI4K

rockNES
reno scum
B-boy & cholo
scorpio & either willie mack or ryan taylor
los luchas

i guess if they need a team to back up sami against superkliq reno scum would be a the best fit.

I think OI4K are fine and could be nice to establish but I do agree bringing back some local teams, I agree with Reno Scum should get a shot in the future, not sure with RockNES but mostly I'm not even sure they are still teaming at this point, I wouldn't mind B-Boy and Lil' Cholo together in PWG but I also would like to see Sky and B-Boy together as they are long time PWG veterans and even former tag champs and have competed for the PWG title and BOLA a few times, so I just like the concept of Sky and B-Boy together in PWG.

Anyways, PWG confirmed the first match for Game Over, Man and its Zack Sabre Jr. taking on the returning Dick Togo in a non-title match.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 am

Doesn't Highspots own PWG pay for for their shows or something like that. I'm surprised they haven't paid for belts. Honestly, if someone set up a a gofundme or whatever I would drop at least $100. If Zack and the Bucks are gonna wear their belts on NJPW shows it would be nice if they looked better.
eastbay510

Postby skitch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:55 am

I'm really hoping we get a DDT4 this year. I feel like we've already had more tag matches than last year and there's a lot of good teams right now.
skitch

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Judging by one of their tweets I definitely think we are.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

I think I'm thinking the same thing you are, eastbay. With Los Lucha Bros, the Young Bucks, Best Friends, Sydal and Ricochet, the LDRS, the Chosen Bros, the Unbreakable F'N Machines, and now War Machine, they have enough to make it work. And there's always a possibility that they could have an ad hoc team in place of one of those.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:25 pm

With the way shows are being booked, I wouldn't be surprised to the show after Game Over, Man is DDT4 with the teams have have debut this year and maybe a debut or returns there.

Also, speaking of teams, if PWG has no plans to bring back Jay White and team with Lio Rush, another possible team I like to see PWG pair up is Rush with Keith Lee, yeah they haven't been a team yet but I feel there needs to be more big guy and little guy dynamics in wrestling in general really.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:32 pm

I hope White shows up again. By the way, word just broke that the WWE is having discussions with SBG about buying out ROH. That could be very bad news for PWG's roster if it happens.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I hope White shows up again. By the way, word just broke that the WWE is having discussions with SBG about buying out ROH. That could be very bad news for PWG's roster if it happens.

How would that be bad news for PWG? Not veing a duck, just wondering what you meant by that.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

El Asian wrote:With the way shows are being booked, I wouldn't be surprised to the show after Game Over, Man is DDT4 with the teams have have debut this year and maybe a debut or returns there.

Also, speaking of teams, if PWG has no plans to bring back Jay White and team with Lio Rush, another possible team I like to see PWG pair up is Rush with Keith Lee, yeah they haven't been a team yet but I feel there needs to be more big guy and little guy dynamics in wrestling in general really.

I was actually thing Xavier and Lee would be really cool.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:55 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:I hope White shows up again. By the way, word just broke that the WWE is having discussions with SBG about buying out ROH. That could be very bad news for PWG's roster if it happens.

How would that be bad news for PWG? Not veing a duck, just wondering what you meant by that.

Actually, nothing really since ROH has been struggling as of late with many guys not signing new contracts anyways and become more freelance and working with other companies, so really, its not gonna effect PWG in a huge way since most of the guys, with very few exceptions anyways maybe, aren't even under a long term contract with ROH anyways.

eastbay510 wrote:I was actually thing Xavier and Lee would be really cool.

That could work though I can see PWG having Xavier team up with Strickland instead.

Also, I really hope PWG doesn't have the Young Bucks and Leaders of the New School forming an alliance, maybe its also because Sabre is part of a different heel stable in NJPW lead by Minoru Suzuki while Bucks, with others, are of course in the Bullet Club. Also I say I guess do a complete opposite with NJPW or ROH is doing and just have the Bullet Club be faces in PWG instead, they get big pops anyways.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:41 pm

CMLL's Triton will be in the U.S. from April to December. I kinda hope he gets a shot in PWG. He's pretty good-another victim of CMLL's awful management.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:30 am

Word is the WWE will be offering Mark Haskins, Jimmy Havoc, the South Pacific Power Trio, Toni Storm and Jinny contracts this weekend. So, this will likely be Haskins' last PWG appearance.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:06 am

pwggrodd wrote:Word is the WWE will be offering Mark Haskins, Jimmy Havoc, the South Pacific Power Trio, Toni Storm and Jinny contracts this weekend. So, this will likely be Haskins' last PWG appearance.

Holy fuck dude. They are gutting Progress. Also no TK and Travis PWG appearances make me sad/annoyed. Jack Gallagher all over again.

But good for them, they are all great.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am

Where did you read that by the way?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 pm

It was on the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. WWE officials are supposed to be at all the WWN events this week too. WWE's gutting seemingly every promotion of note at this point.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum