Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:20 pm

That's crazy man. I wonder if WWE will just send them to Orlando or if it's simular to the WWE UK guys where they can do approved indys, I'm assuming the latter. By the way Toni and Jinny are 2 of the 3 finalists in the Natural Progression Series tournament to crown their woman's championship, so either WWE rips them away or potentially all their champions aside from Riddle are under WWE contract. WWE will now have so many guys under contract that they can essentially put Progress out of business if they do anything that upsets them.

I know it's good for the guys/girls getting signed, but as a fan this is frustrating. I always want guys to get signed so new ones can take their place, but at this point it's not just the top guys getting contracts, anyone with any potential whatsoever is seemingly getting picked up.

The UK scene as a whole, which was deep with talent is quickly losing everybody. As far as PWG goes, how many Euro guys are good enough for a debut now that aren't under WWE contract? I'd say there is Walter and Dieter, but honestly not much at this point.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:38 pm

If Walter and Dieter ever start working in the U.S., wXw in Germany will be destroyed within a year too. This is all frustrating for me, because frankly, once somebody's signed to the WWE, I pretty much never see them again. I just can't stand to watch WWE programming anymore. And like you said, it just seems like WWE wants to sign everybody now. I suspect a lot of guys they sign just so nobody else can have them.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:06 pm

I love wrestling, and I realise people's dreams is to be in WWE, and I want them to be able to do that. But I wish we could see young wrestlers with potential come to PWG, have dream matches, have an indy run and grow, but WWE is plucking from the bottom of the indy barrow now.

BOLA is gonna be VERY intresting.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:52 am

They may have to pull some guys out of the woodwork to fill the tournament roster. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, that's how a star is born.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 am

Willie Mack should've had a run with the PWG title.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Dalton Castle's ROH contract is up soon. Hope to see him in PWG again.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Dalton Castle's ROH contract is up soon. Hope to see him in PWG again.

I don't know man, he was not good at BOLA.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:48 am

i wonder how people would react to human tornado returning??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:59 am

I thought Castle was fine. His match with Trevor Lee being underwhelming was all on Lee. Lee's been underwhelming in PWG for over a year now. He sucks as a heel. I wish Tornado would come back.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Noticed on Twitter today that a fan asked Fred Yehi about a show in Texas he's on soon, and if Texas was the farthest west he'd ever gone. He said it was, but he was looking to change that soon. PWG hint, perhaps?
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:47 am

pwggrodd wrote:Noticed on Twitter today that a fan asked Fred Yehi about a show in Texas he's on soon, and if Texas was the farthest west he'd ever gone. He said it was, but he was looking to change that soon. PWG hint, perhaps?

I tweeted him about this, said he isn't booked for PWG. Hopefully he comes in at some point though.
eastbay510

Postby AndyDiaz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:00 am

i miss mike bailey
AndyDiaz

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:19 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i wonder how people would react to human tornado returning??

I'd be happy to see him or any of the old school locals. We can still see him wrestle in East LA though.

Speaking of old school regulars, why hasn't Joey Ryan been around? I always enjoyed him and Candace as a team. I think he's still a part owner so I wonder why he doesn't wrestle here anymore.
shyboy13

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:51 am

Apparently WWE is intrested in Lio Rush...
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pm

So, Brian Cage or Eli Drake? Who's the better?

shyboy13 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i wonder how people would react to human tornado returning??

I'd be happy to see him or any of the old school locals. We can still see him wrestle in East LA though.

Speaking of old school regulars, why hasn't Joey Ryan been around? I always enjoyed him and Candace as a team. I think he's still a part owner so I wonder why he doesn't wrestle here anymore.

It's just Dragon and Ex left, everyone else cashed out.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:So, Brian Cage or Eli Drake? Who's the better?

shyboy13 wrote:

It's just Dragon and Ex left, everyone else cashed out.

Joey has been at shows but he's mostly doing commentary, so he's still around when he's not booked for DDT or Beyond, as for ownership, no clue if Joey has any ownership but it is pretty much Dragon and Excalibur though I'm always not clue if the Bucks have ownership or not. But as for Human Tornado, I would love to see Tornado return to PWG, I don't remember which show it was recently, but I distinctly remember Tornado was just in the crowd and fans were chanting for him still, so I think a PWG return would be great if that is ever in the cards.

Also, I feel Cage is better than Drake but might be due to seeing Cage more than Drake anyways within and outside of PWG.

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Dalton Castle's ROH contract is up soon. Hope to see him in PWG again.

I don't know man, he was not good at BOLA.

I like Castle and feel he still has something worth bringing over, I liked his match with Ciampa myself. I think there is still potential matches for Castle to have in PWG like against Riddle, Cobb, Scurll, or Penta, not just booking Castle in comedy matches really
El Asian

Postby shyboy13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm

I guess it's not really any of our business anyway but I do wonder exactly owns the company at this point. Not even sure they know themselves. But since I have no inside knowledge on the subject I can't claim to know anything so all speculation on my part is pointless. It would be cool to know out of sheer curiosity though.
shyboy13

Postby El Asian » Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm

So this may a weird and dumb thing to point out but seeing people complain about PWG not expanding but personally, I feel that's the best part of PWG personally. Probably the weirdest comparison I can make but I always see PWG as the In-n-Out Burgers or Calvin and Hobbes of pro wrestling, maybe I was watching a Calvin and Hobbes documentary on Netflix when I got that idea but PWG's refusal to expand and its strong popularity for wrestling fans everywhere is why I make that comparison.

Also, I really want to bring up that I am grateful for PWG to never use Ticketmaster, like even if the show sells out, I rather deal with paying directly through Paypal than dealing all the bullshit Ticketmaster has done.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Mon May 08, 2017 7:03 pm

You've got a good point. I've been without a computer for about a month or so, so I'm just looking at what's been going on in PWG tonight for the first time in a while. To the people who were at Game Over, Man-how did War Machine do? Did they get over? Think they'll come around again?
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm

War Machine did great and I'm sure we'll see more of them in the future, depending how long War Machine is IWGP tag champs or if any NJPW shows they are booked isn't conflicted either.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum