Bring Back Necro Butcher!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Bring Back Necro Butcher!

Postby onlxn » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:24 pm

Here's five reasons why:

1) He's fucking awesome.

2) He'd add some needed variety to the shows.

3) He's more easily booked than most big names.

4) He'd draw some hardcore fans, but appeals to regular indy fans, too.

5) A Super Dragon/Necro Butcher match would be MONEY. Necro calls out Dragon and mauls some younger local guys to get his attention... boom, you have a killer three-month feud.

What do other people think?
onlxn
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Postby WannaB » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:32 pm

I personally had never seen Necro Butcher until PWG. I had heard a lot about him, and as is evident by the reaction this past Sunday he is a hot item right now. I'm not a big fan of his style, but I think he could do a lot for PWG with a few matches a year. I think that bringing him out as often as possible might tarnish the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling. However the variety could be refreshing.

I'm kind of torn on the issue, but for now I think limiting any future appearences would be best.
User avatar
WannaB
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Postby Big Joe » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:09 pm

As someone who's seen Necro live a double digit amount of times...I congratulate you SoCal guys for finally witnessing the spectacle that is a Necro match. You can't understand the madness until you see him live. I hope you guys see him a couple more times, because its a fucking circus every time. Maybe with him being advertised, PWG would draw more. The old XPW crowd maybe?
User avatar
Big Joe
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Bring Back Necro Butcher!

Postby urmomsurdad » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:20 pm

onlxn wrote:Here's five reasons why:

1) He's fucking awesome.

2) He'd add some needed variety to the shows.

3) He's more easily booked than most big names.

4) He'd draw some hardcore fans, but appeals to regular indy fans, too.

5) A Super Dragon/Necro Butcher match would be MONEY. Necro calls out Dragon and mauls some younger local guys to get his attention... boom, you have a killer three-month feud.

What do other people think?



he's right.
urmomsurdad
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:44 am
Location: cali.

Re: Bring Back Necro Butcher!

Postby los_reyes65 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 am

onlxn wrote:5) A Super Dragon/Necro Butcher match would be MONEY. Necro calls out Dragon and mauls some younger local guys to get his attention... boom, you have a killer three-month feud.


I think that would be an awesome feud. I think if they feud that wouldn't be the way to go about it. First that's pretty similar to how the Necro Butcher/Samoa Joe feud in IWA-Mid South got started, I maybe wrong, I don't follow IWA-MS much. Second I think the way Super Dragon and Davey Richards have been built up, in the way they beat their opponents without showing respect, for Super Dragon to come defend some younger local talent would seem odd. But other than that I think it would be an awesome feud.

I also agree with WannaB on the situation. Booking Necro regularly wouldn't be the best move, save him for special occasions. Maybe have Super Dragon call him out for a few months to build up another appearance.

Anyways that's my opinion.
los_reyes65
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:15 pm

Postby Aaron » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:58 am

WannaB wrote:I personally had never seen Necro Butcher until PWG. I had heard a lot about him, and as is evident by the reaction this past Sunday he is a hot item right now. I'm not a big fan of his style, but I think he could do a lot for PWG with a few matches a year. I think that bringing him out as often as possible might tarnish the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling. However the variety could be refreshing.

I'm kind of torn on the issue, but for now I think limiting any future appearences would be best.


Really don't agree with the statement "the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling". Not in the slightest!

I do agree that Necro should be used sporadically in PWG, and have a red-hot feud with Super Dragon.

And Necro Butcher does indeed rule. That is all. :)
Image
Aaron
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:56 am
Location: England, UK

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:14 am

I'd like to see him brought back as a special attraction a few times a year. I think a token Necro brawl every now and then would be a nice change of pace... and a lot of fun.

Beside the Necro Vs. Super Dragon match, a match I'd love to see is Necro Vs. Kevin Steen.
User avatar
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby WannaB » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:27 pm

Aaron wrote:
WannaB wrote:I personally had never seen Necro Butcher until PWG. I had heard a lot about him, and as is evident by the reaction this past Sunday he is a hot item right now. I'm not a big fan of his style, but I think he could do a lot for PWG with a few matches a year. I think that bringing him out as often as possible might tarnish the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling. However the variety could be refreshing.

I'm kind of torn on the issue, but for now I think limiting any future appearences would be best.


Really don't agree with the statement "the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling". Not in the slightest!

I do agree that Necro should be used sporadically in PWG, and have a red-hot feud with Super Dragon.

And Necro Butcher does indeed rule. That is all. :)


I said "mostly." I know they do a lot of comedy, and on occassion they do some hardcore stuff, but when I said stated "mostly" I had a remark from an old interview in my head. I'm not sure if it was Superdragon or Disco, or whoever, but they made a statement in which they said that PWG was mostly about pure wrestling, or it was known for its pure wrestling. I forget, but it was something to that extent. I'll try and dig up that interview when I get a chance.

Oh, and just to clarify if there's a misconception, I don't essentially mean technical or mat-based wrestling when I say "pure." I'm just referring to straight up wrestling where it's all about the guys in the ring & what they can do. Not necessarilly about the weapons they use, or the blood they shed, etc...
User avatar
WannaB
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Postby bill1985 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:02 pm

As a man of the east coast, the Necro Butcher is awesome and should be in PWG a lot more. He is great.
bill1985
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: College Park, Maryland, USA

Postby Hulkushi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:15 pm

i could not be the only one who thought random Bum from about 2 blocks down just came in and beat on Joey Ryan, then I reallized it was Necro Butcher...

holy crap...

that was GREAT!
Hulkushi
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:44 pm

Postby scrub » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:14 pm

NECRO FUCKING BUTCHER!!

I too would like to see ZEE BUTCHAR back in PWG, but who else could he wrestle? There's not that many people on the roster that can have a good match with Necro. Joey was possibly one of the best choices for an opponent, since 95% of the crowd wants to see his head on a silver platter. The most over heel getting obliterated by the hot indy newcomer is teh hotz.

Other than Super D, who else could they pair him up with? Perhaps Davey Richards? Oooooooooh, enticing. Fuck, now I wanna see Davey vs. Necro.

And on top of that, that wasn't even a full-on Necro match. That was Necro Butcher Lite. Just imagine him going full throttle throwing giant haymakers.

So yeah, more Necro Butcher in PWG.
scrub
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:25 pm

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:20 pm

Necro Butcher vs. Topgun Talwar. Do it.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby El Asian » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:38 pm

I would love to see Necro take on, besides Super Dragon or Davey Richards or Steen (or Top Gun Talwar), Rocky Romero, Bryan Danielson, B-Boy, Ricky Reyes (if they ever book him again), Claudio, TJ Perkins, Ronin, Alex Koslov, or Roderick Strong and Chris Hero since he has had good matches with them before, not sure if Kazarian, Sabin, Aries, or others would work due to a clash of styles
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Postby astro_zombie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:38 am

SoCalAndy wrote:Necro Butcher vs. Topgun Talwar. Do it.


:lol: christ on a christmas cross yes :lol:
"Live fast, die." - G.G. Allin
astro_zombie
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:17 pm
Location: alaska

Postby Froggivizal » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:18 am

I'd love to see Necro be brought in for The Battle Of Los Angeles, when that happens this year. It gives Necro the chance to face Davey, Steen, Super Dragon, Danielson, Romero, B-Boy, etc. etc.

I think Necro & Toby Klein should be brought in to challenge Super Dragon & Davey Richards for the PWG Tag Titles, as Dragon & Richards seem to be facing outsiders such as AJ & Daniels, Gen Next, The Briscoes, etc. etc. Klein can actually wrestle and Necro rules so the match would be great.
Froggivizal
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:01 pm

Postby Aaron » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:47 am

WannaB wrote:
Aaron wrote:
WannaB wrote:I personally had never seen Necro Butcher until PWG. I had heard a lot about him, and as is evident by the reaction this past Sunday he is a hot item right now. I'm not a big fan of his style, but I think he could do a lot for PWG with a few matches a year. I think that bringing him out as often as possible might tarnish the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling. However the variety could be refreshing.

I'm kind of torn on the issue, but for now I think limiting any future appearences would be best.


Really don't agree with the statement "the reputation of PWG being mostly about pure wrestling". Not in the slightest!

I do agree that Necro should be used sporadically in PWG, and have a red-hot feud with Super Dragon.

And Necro Butcher does indeed rule. That is all. :)


I said "mostly." I know they do a lot of comedy, and on occassion they do some hardcore stuff, but when I said stated "mostly" I had a remark from an old interview in my head. I'm not sure if it was Superdragon or Disco, or whoever, but they made a statement in which they said that PWG was mostly about pure wrestling, or it was known for its pure wrestling. I forget, but it was something to that extent. I'll try and dig up that interview when I get a chance.

Oh, and just to clarify if there's a misconception, I don't essentially mean technical or mat-based wrestling when I say "pure." I'm just referring to straight up wrestling where it's all about the guys in the ring & what they can do. Not necessarilly about the weapons they use, or the blood they shed, etc...


Cheers for clearing that up. I gotcha now mate!
Image
Aaron
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:56 am
Location: England, UK

Postby RM Punk » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:07 pm

I can't stand the guy, personally. It's just a matter of time before he injures someone/himself to a degree of career/life ending, and TBH, I don't get off much on the idea.

How about taking the money to bring in Necro, and put it towards the worlds fattest race horse and a frozen ice man... IMO, those are better investments compared to Necro. o_o
RM Punk
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Postby dxreydx » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:27 pm

I think Necro just brings something unique to PWG and is another worker you can't forget.
dxreydx
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am


Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests