Who can stop Dragon/Richards Reign?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:56 pm

They could still wrestle one on one without having to be broken up.
SoCalAndy

Postby ~TDK~ » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:27 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:They could still wrestle one on one without having to be broken up.

But a deep hatred burning at their brain would result in a much better standard of match.

"Ima gon' kill you" matches always beat "Nicey Nicey We'll still be Fuhwends at the end of it all" matches
~TDK~

*Was one of 30 people to see Dragon/Richards live*

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:05 pm

Deep hatred is played out, legit. Dragon matches are always "Ima gon' kill you" type matches, no matter who he faces. The story with Dragon and Davey going at it would still be awesome without a "I hate this nigga who stepped on my shoes" storyline everyone wants.
SoCalAndy

Postby d_mon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:19 am

A Dragon-Richards showdown is inevitable. Whether they are friends or enemies it will be great, although I feel the latter is where it is leading to. I see it most likely going to them splitting up as champions and either having a singles match for the titles then one choosing a partner or each choosing a partner and have a match that way. No matter what though, Dragon-Richards showdown would be so fucking awesome.
d_mon

Postby Slappy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:58 am

I'd have them face off in singles match while still tag team partners (and champs) and have Davey beat Super Dragon. Super Dragon can be all WHAT DA FUK?? They keep on tagging but Dragons jealousy of being seen as the weaker of the two slowly builds up and gets the better of him eventually.
Slappy

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:43 pm

d_mon wrote:I see it most likely going to them splitting up as champions and either having a singles match for the titles then one choosing a partner or each choosing a partner and have a match that way.

Wow, that idea is so fresh and new and has never been done before. I'm surprised nobody has ever done that storyline before.

Seriously, all these "Dragon and Davey should break up just so we can have a match!" shit is lame. Dragon and Davey are the most over act in PWG, and are making the tag team titles look important and bring so much credability to them. What's the entire point of fixing something that isn't broken? I'd rather see them stick together instead of see them feud. Besides, all these ideas of them breaking up are so cliche as it seems there are no tag teams that stick together for a long period of time anymore and have multible title runs.
It's A Bomb

Postby ToddMartin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:48 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:
d_mon wrote:I see it most likely going to them splitting up as champions and either having a singles match for the titles then one choosing a partner or each choosing a partner and have a match that way.

Wow, that idea is so fresh and new and has never been done before. I'm surprised nobody has ever done that storyline before.

Seriously, all these "Dragon and Davey should break up just so we can have a match!" shit is lame. Dragon and Davey are the most over act in PWG, and are making the tag team titles look important and bring so much credability to them. What's the entire point of fixing something that isn't broken? I'd rather see them stick together instead of see them feud. Besides, all these ideas of them breaking up are so cliche as it seems there are no tag teams that stick together for a long period of time anymore and have multible title runs.

I totally agree (well aside from the kind of unnecessary mean comments). When Dragon and Richards first started teaming, I couldn't wait for them to break up, because the feud would be tremendous. But they are working so well as champions, I don't see any reason for messing with success. Keep the belts on them, let the tag titles continue to be a major focus of the promotion, and see where it takes you. One of the reasons tag team wrestling is so down is that whenever a good team starts clicking, they get broken up.
ToddMartin

Postby ~TDK~ » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:

End of the day they are singles wrestlers, I'm not calling for an immediate break up, I'm just saying that when it does happy (any time in the future) it will result in one hell of a match!
~TDK~

Postby astro_zombie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:45 pm

i am of the opinion that they do not need a feud just to wrestle each other and still have an intense, brutal match. i think that both of their styles compliment the other's really well, as a team or as competitors.
astro_zombie

Postby d_mon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:23 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:Wow, that idea is so fresh and new and has never been done before. I'm surprised nobody has ever done that storyline before.

I wasn't trying to be original and I don't see your point in singling my post out when all the other ideas have been used many times aswell.

Anyways, I'm not one hundred percent behind splitting them up, but by the way they are acting towards eachother it looks like they are going to be split up.

My whole point of this thread was to see who people thought were capable of defeating Super Dragon and Davey Richards.
d_mon

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:45 pm

Honestly I can't think of anyone who could take the belts off Dragon/Davey. Perhaps we'll get a shock and see Quick/Generico win next Sunday at ASW. As for a possible feud, i'd love to see it happen especially since Davey has gotten VERY over since he's teamed with Dragon. Can you imagine if they had an Iron Man match?
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby WannaB » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:47 am

Whoever it is it won't be a clean win. They've built Davey & Dragon up too much to be taken down fair & square. Look at all the names they've beaten.

If they lose it will either be because of interference, cheating, one of them screwing up and costing them the match (which works best to set up a feud), or they lose as part of a joke. I know PWG does a lot of humor, but I think a joke loss would be a horrible way to end it. I have faith that PWG takes their titles seriously enough to do that however.
WannaB

Postby astro_zombie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:53 am

WannaB wrote:Whoever it is it won't be a clean win. They've built Davey & Dragon up too much to be taken down fair & square. Look at all the names they've beaten.

If they lose it will either be because of interference, cheating, one of them screwing up and costing them the match (which works best to set up a feud), or they lose as part of a joke. I know PWG does a lot of humor, but I think a joke loss would be a horrible way to end it. I have faith that PWG takes their titles seriously enough to do that however.

i dont think that a clean finish would be out of the question. i think that if they got a team that worked well enough together and with dragon/davey themselves, they could make a clean match a really really good match. teams like the AxP, 2SBG, Cape Fear, or any other combination of quicksilver, tornado, sky, and generico.
astro_zombie

Postby Bushinyou » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:55 pm

I don't see any reason why Dragon & Richards can't hold the PWG World Tag Team titles into 2007.
Bushinyou

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:57 pm

Bushinyou wrote:I don't see any reason why Dragon & Richards can't hold the PWG World Tag Team titles into 2007.

Well... I don't know if I'd say that.

For one, I don't know if it'll be that long until ROH snatches up Davey. As according to FIP's owner, Davey is supposed to start "full time" with FIP in May. And as most everyone knows, FIP basically is ROH. And knowing Davey's immense talent, he'll impress greatly in FIP, and likely earn a full time ROH spot by the Summer (with full credit going to FIP and The Super 8 of course). SO with ROH running so much, who knows how much time he'll have for PWG (surely not enough to hold a title if he's full time with ROH)

Pretty grim stuff eh? I suppose the bad part of local guys breaking out, is that we may not see as much of them locally anymore. But on the bright side... it'll mean more money for Davey with all the added work.
TigerDriver98

Postby astro_zombie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:49 pm

however you slice it, the match that will end with dragon and davey losing the titles will be fucking crazy
astro_zombie

Postby d_mon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:50 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Well... I don't know if I'd say that.

For one, I don't know if it'll be that long until ROH snatches up Davey. As according to FIP's owner, Davey is supposed to start "full time" with FIP in May. And as most everyone knows, FIP basically is ROH. And knowing Davey's immense talent, he'll impress greatly in FIP, and likely earn a full time ROH spot by the Summer (with full credit going to FIP and The Super 8 of course). SO with ROH running so much, who knows how much time he'll have for PWG (surely not enough to hold a title if he's full time with ROH)

Pretty grim stuff eh? I suppose the bad part of local guys breaking out, is that we may not see as much of them locally anymore. But on the bright side... it'll mean more money for Davey with all the added work.

That's a really good point. I never thought about that factor, but it is only a matter of time before people start taking notice of Davey's talent. Looking at the past Super 8 tournaments, guys like Austin Aries and Paul London went from either being unknowns or somewhat known to being booked everywhere.
d_mon

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:37 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:For one, I don't know if it'll be that long until ROH snatches up Davey. As according to FIP's owner, Davey is supposed to start "full time" with FIP in May. And as most everyone knows, FIP basically is ROH. And knowing Davey's immense talent, he'll impress greatly in FIP, and likely earn a full time ROH spot by the Summer (with full credit going to FIP and The Super 8 of course). SO with ROH running so much, who knows how much time he'll have for PWG (surely not enough to hold a title if he's full time with ROH)

I have been hearing about this all the time, but I have yet to see any mention of Davey going to FIP on other sites aside from the few times you(or someone else) mentioned it. I'm sure Davey would be willing to make time for PWG, as it's obvious he's dedicated to the promotion.

I'm not one hundred percent behind splitting them up, but by the way they are acting towards eachother it looks like they are going to be split up.

You mean by working together as a team, beating on their opponents, making a mockery of their opponents, and Davey claiming that nobody could stop them and that they're the best team in the world, they look like they're going to split?
SoCalAndy

Postby d_mon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:26 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:You mean by working together as a team, beating on their opponents, making a mockery of their opponents, and Davey claiming that nobody could stop them and that they're the best team in the world, they look like they're going to split?

No I was referring to the fact that where I read the results it always points out that Davey always shows displeasure towards Super Dragon beating opponents after the match.

What's with all the sarcasm in this place. If I try to make a point all I get is critism about it, but if you say something oh it must be right. Sorry I don't hang out on these boards so much where I have all these posts like you.
d_mon

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:32 pm

As for Davey in FIP, someone on the DVDVR board posted this link a while back: http://msldotcom.proboards20.com/index. ... 1140571080 In that thread, FIP's owner "Sal" states that "Davey Richards makes his debut in May and will be a full time member of the roster"

I'm not saying Davey would abandon PWG at all. Just saying, that this looks to be the break out year for Davey nationwide (who should by all means win the Super 8, if Scott doesn't that is!) and I'd be surprised if he wasn't getting ROH bookings sooner than later, and thus would probably have less time for a fed like PWG over time. It's nothing unprecedented (even for PWG guys, Steen/Generico taking PWG over IWS for example)

Heck, I hope Davey does remain on every PWG show. Just I don't know, these things tend to happen when wrestlers "break out"

Only time will tell I suppose...
TigerDriver98

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum