Old school questions

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Old school questions

Postby SenimSilla » Sat May 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Still seems weird for SUPER DRAGON to be afraid of CM PUNK.
SenimSilla

Postby WannaB » Sat May 03, 2008 1:28 pm

SenimSilla wrote:Still seems weird for SUPER DRAGON to be afraid of CM PUNK.

It was quite the opposite in their match at Reason For The Season.

Punk: "Hit me bitch!"

~Super Dragon fakes Punk out with a punch... Punk flinches~

Hi-larious.
WannaB

Postby Zwarrior2 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:03 pm

I was wondering what was the original line-up for the Permanent Vacation card before it became Card Subject to Change 2. I know Sabin, Daniels and Joe missed the show and was just wondering what the line-up was going to be?
Zwarrior2

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:10 am

The original card looked like this:

SD/Davey Vs. AJ/Daniels
Joey Ryan Vs. Chris Bosh Vs. Kevin Steen Vs. Chris Sabin
Samoa Joe Vs. Claudio Castagnoli
Chris Hero Vs. Frankie Kazarian
B-Boy Vs. Scott Lost

Daniels, B-Boy and Sabin pulled out a week or so before the show due to injuries/etc. And then the day of the show, Samoa Joe didn't show up (he claimed that he never knew he was booked). Which lead to several big card changes.

Here is the thread on the show: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105&p=1207#p1207
TigerDriver98

Postby TheZeroMan » Thu May 22, 2008 10:09 am

How man "suck my cock" matches has Bosh challenged opponents to?
TheZeroMan

Postby WannaB » Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 am

There was Bosh/Lost vs. Cape Fear (Generico & Quick Silver) @ either Hollywood Globetrotters or Beyond The Thunderdome.
There was his match with Steen @ Based On A True Story.

I don't recall any others, though I could be wrong.
WannaB

Postby RM Punk » Thu May 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Damn, that would make a great collector's DVD set.
RM Punk

Postby SenimSilla » Fri May 23, 2008 7:27 pm

WannaB wrote:There was Bosh/Lost vs. Cape Fear (Generico & Quick Silver) @ either Hollywood Globetrotters or Beyond The Thunderdome.
There was his match with Steen @ Based On A True Story.

I don't recall any others, though I could be wrong.

It was Hollywood Globetrotters.
SenimSilla

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:54 pm

In Uncanny X-Mas Spanky was managed by a big guy named "Knuckles". Who was that guy?
shyboy13

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:52 am

i ordered the PWG 5 rewind deal from highspots last month which was taste the radness/88 miles/keep the pee out/the musical/rocktoberfest for $10. i planned to watch them in order but it seemed there was a misprint on the keep the pee out dvd as the event was listed to have taken place on april 27th 2004. i noticed scorpio mention something about he and super dragons guerrilla warfare match the month before which led to some confusion in my drunken state. anyways i'm through taste the radness, 88miles, and now on keep the pee out and i must say it's been alot of fun. i missed a bunch of stuff between the debut show and all star weekend 1. taste the radness was better than 88 miles i must say. the whole fued between airiel xpress/bosh/mercury/topgun vs x-foundation and super dragon/excalibur/disco(who seemingly couldn't stand each other) was pretty cool. all of the guys are better since then but it's nice to look back at what i missed.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 am

i finished up with keep the p out, i really enjoyed that show. before watching these last few shows i couldn't have even imagined quicksilver as a heel, but he had some pretty damn good heel mannerisms i must say. there's a good flow to the storylines through out the shows. adam pierece is a damn good heel, he didn't need the racial stuff to get heat, he's too good for that imo. sky/dragon guerrilla warfare was awesome. the vanderpyle promo xtra was good and got me interested, i hope there's some follow through.

i still have the musical & rocktoberfest to go but i already feel i've gotten more than my $10 worth.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Benjamin Tomas » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:07 pm

shyboy13 wrote:In Uncanny X-Mas Spanky was managed by a big guy named "Knuckles". Who was that guy?

Knuckles was a guy who wrestled for UPW under the name "Ruckus" not to be confused with Ruckus from the East Coast.
Benjamin Tomas

Postby Peace » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:19 pm

shyboy13 wrote:In Uncanny X-Mas Spanky was managed by a big guy named "Knuckles". Who was that guy?

Good times, good times.

Did DJ AC ever show up?
Peace

Postby DeltronZero » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 am

Good times, good times.

Did DJ AC ever show up?

do you mean this guy?

Eventually he did!
DeltronZero

Postby Enjay » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:46 am

Durin Super Dragon and Colt Cabana's match at the Bad Ass Mother 3000 tournament, Super Dragon got into a quich fight with a fan. I didn't know a thing about PWG back but recently saw this show and was wonderin if anything else ever came from that?
Enjay

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:26 am

That wasn't a fan, it was former Revolution Pro/PWG wrestler, Mr. Excitement. I have no idea what caused that confrontation, but I do know that nothing ever came of it.
TigerDriver98

Postby Zwarrior2 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 am

I got me a question relating to old school PWG and that is, does anyone know what happened to the 'Super Fans'?

I ask this due to them heavily contributing to me become aware of PWG.

The Super Fans consist of...

Angry Fan: I can't watch his videos and not laugh

Vol.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcfUxF4J2MM

Vol.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFuuuTS ... re=related

Joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lJCFpP ... re=related

Tard Boy: Bosh's greatest rival and Jack Evans' dad.

Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbhn3OD ... re=related

vs. Bosh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeUoPPs5yZ8

Jack's Dad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHIhl_m ... re=related

And the Loud Black Lady: Loved Sabin and hated Joey
No video online but she did chop Joey at Passive Hostility and danced alot.
Zwarrior2

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:05 am

Zwarrior2 wrote:I got me a question relating to old school PWG and that is, does anyone know what happened to the 'Super Fans'?

I think I can answer these:

Angry Fan: I still notice him at PWG shows once in a blue moon. The last one I remember him at was "BOLA 06". But he hasn't been "angry" like you see in those videos for quite sometime. He reached his apex at "Taste The Radness", where before the Hardkore Kid-Babi Slymm match, he brought the show to a complete halt by screaming "Super Dragon is gonna fuck you up" and other such things at Babi Slymm (referring to an upcoming SD vs. Slymm match in a different promotion) non stop for a good 5+ minutes (Sadly, PWG edited this off the dvd entirely, although you can still hear Excalibur/Disco do commentary over it). Anyway, during all this, his wife got up and walked away in embarrassment. From that point on, Angry Fan's angry outbursts were kept to a minimum.

I met him in 2004, he seemed like a pretty cool guy. Hopefully he makes it out to another show one day.

"Tard Boy/Mike Walters": Years back someone posted something here saying that he had a crush on SoCal Val. But after he saw her walk into a show with some guy, he got jealous and never came to another show. It was also said that he was very upset over how the Bosh interview turned out. Who knows how true either of those things are though.

"Loud Black Lady": I can't even remember the last show she was at. I know that she posts here sometimes as "Pinky". Maybe she will give you an update on her current whereabouts herself.

I'm surprised no one ever asks about "Joey Ryan Fan". I usually find these "gimmick fans" to be extremely annoying, but Joey Ryan Fan was always the exception to that rule. He was hilarious... too bad he hasn't been around in years either.

SEAL fan is another "famous" PWG fan who hasn't been around in ages...

That's about it I think...
TigerDriver98

Postby Pinky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 am

"Loud Black Lady" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting! Well peeps, HERE I AM!! Moved to Tampa, Fl last year. Got married shortly after I stopped attending PWG shows. I am now a widow and just living life! I am very happy here and I will be at FCW soon enuff!!

To those who think Im cool, thanks! To the haters, EFF YOU!! Oh and my name is NOT "LOUD BLACK LADY" Its Elizabeth, Beth or Liz and Pinky!

See ya!!!
Pinky

Postby luca brasi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Sorry for your loss Pinky. Wondered where you went, you were a fun fan
luca brasi

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum