PWG "Beyond The Thunderdome" results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby WannaB » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:21 pm

The red shirted fan's name is Jeff Meecham. He's part of NoDQ.com. They were banned from filming at PWG shows because they were a nuisance. They would come to interview the out of town stars (never really any of the local PWG guys), but they were also recording matches and posting footage of it in their internet show XMV. They'd frequently show up with no money and ask if they could work on the ring crew to get in for free, but they'd do this when everything had already been set up. At the 2nd day of the 2year show they showed up and expected there would be something to do. No brains. They should've realized that the ring would still be up. If they have the money to buy top of the line cameras, and run a website surely they could scrape up a few dollars for tickets.

When PWG banned them from filming (they said they could still come and pay to see the show, but no filming), Aaron Rift, the owner of NoDQ made negative remarks regarding PWG. He said that if it wasn't for XMV giving them exposure PWG wouldn't be in business right now. That XMV was the reason PWG has a fanbase. I don't know about you, but I've never met a fan who said they heard about PWG through NODQ.com.

Meecham; he's always trying to make himself the center of attention at shows like this.

Oh, and they're also heavily involved with that horrendous Adrenaline Unleashed promotion. They know its a piece of crap, but they go on about it like its the greatest promotion in the world.

Personally I'm annoyed by each and every single one of the NoDQ guys. I have no respect for them. They're the epitamy of smarks. I'm talking about the negative stereotypical smarks that wrestlers hate with a passion. The ones that think just because they know all this information about how the industry, all these facts, etc... that they know everything & that they're somehow superior to everyone else. Their website rarely has any exclusive news; all of their reporters just copy and paste from other sites. They have little to no respect for the wrestling business.

Do the world a favor and never visit NoDQ.com and never watch their XMV shows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Steen promo, yes I thought it was classic. The picture of him and the black sheep was priceless. I know a lot of people don't like Steen as a face, but I personally enjoy it and want to see where he can go with it.
WannaB

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:44 pm

I don't want to turn this into a thread about the NoDQ.com people, but I agree in that they're annoying. That one guy mentioned(Jeff Meacham) is pretty annoying. He never really sits down and is always running around acting like hot shit and trying to act important. They're really ugly too. Like that one girl with the twisted foot.

And Steen as a heel is much better than Steen as a face, but he's been doing a really good job at being a face lately. The fans are into his matches and all, so I guess there's nothing wrong with that.
SoCalAndy

Postby nodq » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:38 pm

WannaB wrote:The red shirted fan's name is Jeff Meecham. He's part of NoDQ.com. They were banned from filming at PWG shows because they were a nuisance. They would come to interview the out of town stars (never really any of the local PWG guys), but they were also recording matches and posting footage of it in their internet show XMV. They'd frequently show up with no money and ask if they could work on the ring crew to get in for free, but they'd do this when everything had already been set up. At the 2nd day of the 2year show they showed up and expected there would be something to do. No brains. They should've realized that the ring would still be up. If they have the money to buy top of the line cameras, and run a website surely they could scrape up a few dollars for tickets.

When PWG banned them from filming (they said they could still come and pay to see the show, but no filming), Aaron Rift, the owner of NoDQ made negative remarks regarding PWG. He said that if it wasn't for XMV giving them exposure PWG wouldn't be in business right now. That XMV was the reason PWG has a fanbase. I don't know about you, but I've never met a fan who said they heard about PWG through NODQ.com.

Meecham; he's always trying to make himself the center of attention at shows like this.

Oh, and they're also heavily involved with that horrendous Adrenaline Unleashed promotion. They know its a piece of crap, but they go on about it like its the greatest promotion in the world.

Personally I'm annoyed by each and every single one of the NoDQ guys. I have no respect for them. They're the epitamy of smarks. I'm talking about the negative stereotypical smarks that wrestlers hate with a passion. The ones that think just because they know all this information about how the industry, all these facts, etc... that they know everything & that they're somehow superior to everyone else. Their website rarely has any exclusive news; all of their reporters just copy and paste from other sites. They have little to no respect for the wrestling business.

Do the world a favor and never visit NoDQ.com and never watch their XMV shows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Steen promo, yes I thought it was classic. The picture of him and the black sheep was priceless. I know a lot of people don't like Steen as a face, but I personally enjoy it and want to see where he can go with it.

Somebody told me about this thread so I figured I'd get a word in. It's funny how one person can say something and the truth gets totally stretched.

In regards to the banning situation, a fan of the site recorded video footage on his camera without my knowledge or consent. Disco Machine called Jeff and, from what I could hear on the phone, he was really pissed off. I took down the video footage as soon as possible, and then I found out they banned us from doing interviews there. I messaged Disco Machine on MySpace and I tried to act nice and convince him that we should work things out. I never said NoDQ was responsible for PWG's success, but our advertising of their product certainly didn't hurt. As far as interviewing TNA guys, we had interviewed Kazarian, Daniels, and AJ in the past so they already knew who we were. We asked PWG if we could interview them and in exchange we'd plug their product and website on our show, which we did, and they were apparently cool with that. Besides the TNA guys, we also had SoCal regulars like Human Torando on the show.

As far as the money goes, I've always had money to get my way in, but not even I could afford to pay for 6-7 people that are in the group. So Jeff would try to find ways to do work for them so he could get in for free.

As far as the respect goes, how can you not respect somebody you don't know. If you were in my shoes, you'd realize my job isn't so easy. I've busted my ass on NoDQ for eight years now and I spent countless hours and money making the website the best it can be.

It's nice to see SoCalAndy bashing people for their looks. How about actually saying that to their faces? And I'm sure your no Tom Cruise either. You kill any credibility you might have with comments like that.

In regards to Adrenaline Unleashed, the guy in charge asked me for help, so I helped him. If you have more respect for wrestling then us supposedly, then why are you bashing a wrestling promotion that's trying to get off the ground? What did they ever do to you?

And lastly, if we buy tickets to the show, we're allowed to have fun. If we annoy you, that's too bad. A lot of PWG fans annoy me, but I put up with it. You should do the same.
nodq

Postby nodq » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:40 pm

One more thing... if anybody has a problem with me, I'm more than willing to talk to you face to face at the next PWG show and we can have an adult conversation. I'm not a hard person to find.

- Rift
nodq

Postby It's A Bomb » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:35 am

I'm not a hard person to find.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone knows who you are.

I don't care about this NoDQ stuff, the only time I gave a shit was when they made asses of themselves on SCU last summer. I think they're annoying and have done nothing but cause problems from what I have heard. Now that one of their representitives are on the board, I can see things getting worse.

As far as the show, I had a lot of fun. The lights had no effect on my, as they're only minor details. The whole show from top to bottom was really solid. The opener was pretty neat. Bino Gambino is pretty annoying though. The Ronin/Koslov beatdowns were cool. I enjoyed Perkins/Excitment a lot, but it sucks that the crowd wasn't that into it. Cape Fear/Arrogance was really great, but it wasn't on the level of the GenNext/Dragon&Richards tag match, but still really great. B-Boy/Steen was also loads of fun. Sky/Tornado was better than expected, as I thought things wouldn't work out well with Tornado's injury. Sabin/Joey was great for the excitment levels in the crowd when Sabin was about to win the belt, but Joey pulled the swerve and I got sad. :( The main event was good, not the classic that many people expected it to be(or in some cases, didn't expect it to be). The AJ/Dragon encounters were awesome.
It's A Bomb

Postby nodq » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:37 am

"From what I've heard."

Don't believe everything you hear.
nodq

Postby Bean » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:29 am

nodq wrote:"From what I've heard."

Don't believe everything you hear.

Shut the fuck up you midget.
We liked it when you and your fat entourage weren't showing up.
Bean

Postby Jeff Meacham » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:40 pm

I find it very funny that all of you PWG "fans" are ragging on us at NoDQ.com and XMV, despite the fact that

a) we're fans like you

b) we haven't attempted to get in for free in months (my fiancee and I were SUPER early to the show before last because of transportation issues

c) none of the PWG wrestlers have given us any grief we didn't deserve, yet you guys think you're the supreme authority in judging people that come to the shows.

Let me set a few things straight.

First of all, as Aaron said, ONE fan of our site was responsible for the footage being unknowingly posted on our forums. That person was subsequently dealt with, both by PWG management and by us.

Secondly, I never asked flat out to "get in for free." There have been occassions where I have volunteered to help set up something to get MYSELF compensated. Not once have I offfered my services to get my entire group comped, that is just outrageous backtalk and b.s.

Third, we did indeed go to PWG to interview people such as AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and the other guys from TNA. HOWEVER, doing the kind of show we do, we need to bring in big names. If you had bothered to check the facts, WannaB, you'd know that I've also spoken with Disco, Joey, TopGun, Davey Richards, Tornado, and Scorpio about being on the show.

As far as NoDQ.com insinuating that it was responsible for PWG's success, I had NOTHING to do with that being said. If anything, us being alowed to film at PWG has contributed to the success of our show.

Regarding the chant battle between Aaron and I during B-Boy vs. Steen, I had a miserable day of being sick with a nasty cold and going on less than three hours sleep, so I just felt like having a little fun. At no time was I attempting to "make myself the center of attention" as you all so elequently put it. In fact, a good number of people came up to me after the show and said they found it funny that I was so into an indy match.

As far as wrestlers hating us with a passion, why don't you ask the over 70 people who have been on our show over the last four years. Or why not ask people like Sean Waltman, Kid Kash, Rob Van Dam, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, and many more who are more than happy to receive our phone calls just to catch up and say hi.

Seriously, if we're that much of a problem, I have no qualms about staying away if it'll make people happy. However, I'm not gonna stay away just because some ring crew flunky or some fans who can't get their point across without insulting people. When the wrestlers/management at PWG tell us to not come back, that's when we'll disappear.
Jeff Meacham

Postby Jeff Meacham » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:42 pm

Oh yeah, and it's MeAcham, not MeEcham. If you're going to insult someone, at least have the common courtesy to spell their name right.
Jeff Meacham

Postby Kekumba » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:06 pm

I feel kind of strange seeing as I'm a regular on the NoDQ boards and act totally smarky towards PWG. :wink:

First of all, as Aaron said, ONE fan of our site was responsible for the footage being unknowingly posted on our forums. That person was subsequently dealt with, both by PWG management and by us.

Gil Solorio. 8)
Kekumba

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Jeff Meacham wrote:As far as wrestlers hating us with a passion, why don't you ask the over 70 people who have been on our show over the last four years. Or why not ask people like Sean Waltman, Kid Kash, Rob Van Dam, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, and many more who are more than happy to receive our phone calls just to catch up and say hi.

Sean Waltman is an awesome man.

That is all.
Rish To The Rosh

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:07 pm

Enough. Go piss on each other's shoes elsewhere.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum