Whatever Happend To The Old School Fans?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Whatever Happend To The Old School Fans?

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:18 pm

I'm not a fan of threads about fans, but I was having a discussion about Aaron Hassan's hair and his triumphant quest to get a beer without being carded at an ECW event and I got to wondering. Whatever happend to Angry Fan? Or Seal Fan? Or Turbo Blake and SkyFloyd? The SAT guys? The Ballard Rats? Creepy guy in a trench coat? They use to be staples at shows at the old JCC and Elks Lodge, but they seem to have disapeared. Seal Fan was classic, since he ran over a bum before a PWG show.

Angry Fan was the best fan ever. All he did was talk shit on people. The best Angry Fan moment was when he became Samoa Joe's unofficial manager when Joe faced BJ Whitmer. His heckles where classic. "Beard needs to go back to school, you can't pin Joe, you just can't!" Or the ever wonderful "C'mon Joe, pull the tights, 1 2 3! Let's go, FUCK!" And who can forget his confrontation with Babi Slymm and heckled him for five straight minutes? That was the best shit ever. Angry Fan needs to make a comeback, and show these wannabe hecklers who's boss.

SoCalAndy

Postby Ryan! » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 pm

I miss the old fans like Drunk Fan, Seal Fan, and Joey Ryan Fan. They knew how to get themselves attention but at the same time not become spectacles like todays fans. Seal Fan would take his shit from Dragon and not try to act all tough. Plus he ran over a bum with Bo Cooper in the mini van. Drunk Fan would have the best tirades ever like the slymm and Joe ones Andy mentioned. What can be said about Joey Ryan Fan. He could take a shitty show and make it fun (PCW and singing tv theme songs anyone?). He also knew when to stop so that the wrestlers were the show not his antics.

As for some of the names listed I know that Skyflyod left socal for school. Seal fan shows up once in a while but he just sits and watches now. The only other fan I wish would show up again is Angry Fan. I would like to see him go off on some of the new fans.
Ryan!

Re: Whatever Happend To The Old School Fans?

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:45 pm

SoCalAndy wrote: Seal Fan was classic, since he ran over a bum before a PWG show.

I actually saw that happen as I walking up on the show (I even made an effort to stay away from said bum before this, as he looked kinda angry) He didn't really hit him full on though, he caught the side of Seal's van (I think breaking the side mirror I think) then he cursed Seal out, and Seal gave him some money and that was that. But needless to say I used the crosswalk after viewing that.

You still see Seal Fan at random shows, in fact he had an interaction with Kevin Steen at All Star Weekend 2 Night 2 which lead Steen to say "Black people aren't allowed to talk" or something of that sort.

Angry Fan, I do miss at the shows... though you do still see him every now and then. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, the one time I talked with him. I think the "Slymm Incident" was his apex as he was pretty reeled on every show after that (I believe his wife walking away in embarassment may have played a role in that)

Joey Ryan Fan was great though, probably the best "gimmick" fan I've ever seen. I always thought he was funny without ever crossing over to being annoying (like every "gimmick" fan currently)
TigerDriver98

Postby astro_zombie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:09 pm

not being in socal (or having enough cash to even think about goin), i remember the old shows and recall enjoying the antics of the fans that they caught on camera, or that disco and excalibur mentioned on teh commentary...
astro_zombie

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:11 pm

What can be said about Joey Ryan Fan. He could take a shitty show and make it fun (PCW and singing tv theme songs anyone?). He also knew when to stop so that the wrestlers were the show not his antics.

Yeah, he was awesome. The PCW singing thing was the best moment ever. I remember when he also got the crowd to sing Real American at the WAR Marketplace show. Although they don't top him getting into it with B-Boy to the point where B-Boy came out and confronted him at intermission and chased him around the Elks Lodge and Joey Fan running into the ring to challenge B-Boy.
SoCalAndy

Postby Paul Burns » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:27 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:
What can be said about Joey Ryan Fan. He could take a shitty show and make it fun (PCW and singing tv theme songs anyone?). He also knew when to stop so that the wrestlers were the show not his antics.

Yeah, he was awesome. The PCW singing thing was the best moment ever. I remember when he also got the crowd to sing Real American at the WAR Marketplace show. Although they don't top him getting into it with B-Boy to the point where B-Boy came out and confronted him at intermission and chased him around the Elks Lodge and Joey Fan running into the ring to challenge B-Boy.

Hahaha that sounds excellent, was that released on DVD?
Paul Burns

Postby Peace » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:38 pm

Drunk Fan going off on Slymm was hilarious. "You're going to lose Slymm! Dragon is going to kill you next week! He's going to kill you! You suck!"

My favorite JRF moment(s) were the aforementioned B-Boy incident that resembled a classic Benny Hill chase around the ring. "Fallen Angel!" "B Boy sucks!"

And his heel turn against Joey Ryan.
Peace

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum