Detailed Results, as requested

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Detailed Results, as requested

Postby Royce » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:49 am

Sorry, this started out as a simple response, but I got a little carried away:

Koslov defeated Topgun in a short, entertaining comedy match (as if you expected another kind). Topgun was carrying around a fatter looking version of Tits, which Koslov eventually stole. He put her on top of Topgun and splashed the two from the top rope, but she wouldn't pop, so he bit her head off and punted her into the crowd. Finish came with the distracted Topgun getting a Russian legsweep into Koslov's vice-style submission (only been to about 3 PWG shows so far, so I don't know all the finisher names)

Disco Machine and Nemesis defeated Dark & Lovely w/ Jade Chung in a fun match. Before the match, Scorpio pulled a woman out of the crowd to rub oil on his abs before telling her to take a hike. He jumped the shark (in a good way) with the abs gimmick during this match, even using them as a weapon at one point. The highlight here was a plancha marathon, climaxing in Jade Chung's dive onto all four men on the outside. Miscommunication b/w Scorpio and Tornado led to Tornado falling head first into a steel chair and getting pinned. After the match, Tornado told Scorpio he was sick of his crap and challenged him to a match at the next show.

It should be noted that around this point in the show, it was tough to ignore X-Pac staring through the curtains of every match. I'm sure there's an interesting story there.

B-Boy beat Kazarian in a match that started out a bit messy, but finally clicked into good, psychology-driven back-and-forth, the highlight being Kazarian hitting B-Boy with the Air-Raid Crash onto the apron. Finish came after Kazarian hit a top rope exploder (? I think this was the final move, help me out if I'm blanking), only to be quickly rolled onto his shoulders in a last-ditch effort by B-Boy. After the match, Kazarian looked pissed, which of course foreshadowed something down the road.

Cape Fear initially defeated Arrogance by DQ, but that ruling was turned by Dino into a No Contest. This was a great, GREAT match that everyone should be anticipating again on the next show. Before the match started, Bosh got on the mike and told Cape Fear that in addition to it being a #1 Contenders' Match, it would be, for the first time in the history of Pro Wrestling, a SUCK MY COCK MATCH, where if Cape Fear lost, they'd have to go down on Arrogance, and since it's a forced stipulation, it didn't mean Lost or Bosh were gay. Quicksilver enthusiastically agreed, as did Generico eventually. Too many highspots here to remember, but it all ended once Joey Ryan hit the ring and whacked Generico, intentionally leading to a DQ loss for Bosh. Super Dragon followed, and began to beat down Arrogance (continuing a feud from Europe) and even Joey. Bottom line is, the tag and world title pictures are blurring.

After the match, and in a fantastic, only-at-the-indies moment, Bosh went up to Tard Boy, pulled down his tights, and gave him a bare-assed stinkface! Multiple cameras were fired off, so expect this picture to be making the rounds very soon.

Dino came out ot announce intermission, when a still bitter Kazarian came into the ring and demanded a title shot. When he didn't get it, Frankie finally lost it, kicking Dino in the balls and throwing the mic down on him. Frankie makes a semi-heel turn and gets suspended for the next show.

-Intermission-

Chris Sabin defeated Alex Shelley in a fantastic, technical back-and-forth, as if they're capable of anything else. Both men play faces here, which is a nice shake-up for Shelley's character right now, and makes sense, since the crowd was probably split 60-40 in Shelley's favor. Story of the match sees Sabin working over Shelley's neck, and repeatedly trying to finish him off with the Cradle Shock. He finally hits it for the 1-2-3. After the match, both shake hands.

Joey Ryan beat Kevin Steen with his usual tactics. Before the match, the guys to my left stood up and clapped for Ryan's entrance, which I guess made me a bigger target to Joey, as I was sitting and giving him the finger. He got in my face and started talking trash, which was, of course, a lot of fun. Steen hit the ring before Joey could be introduced, throwing him to the outside and brawling around the arena for a while before officially starting the match. A good match ensued, that got unjustly crapped on by a few guys behind me. One of them yelled something obnoxious and out of kayfabe at Joey, that clearly took him out of it at one point. The champ retains by using the ropes for leverage during a pin reversal. Afterwards, Steen teases a heel turn by praising Joey's cheating ways, and asking to form a tag team. After the handshake, of course, Steen picks him up and plants him with the package piledriver.

In the main event, Dragon and Richards defeated GenNext in the clear MOTN, and the live MOTY for me thus far. Strong and Evans need to be booked for every date they're available, before some of the bigger names like Joe and Daniels, IMHO. They bring so much to the table every time they go out. Like the #1 Contenders' match, it's difficult to remember all the spots here, as it eventually became an insane, "can you top this" back-and-forth. The match began with Richards working over Strong's stomach with kicks and stretches, but eventually turned into a double team beatdown of Evans. After Strong re-entered, the usual GenNext double team spots ensued. Most impressive was the variation on their flip corner stomp- with both Dragon and Richards, stacked on top of each other, wedged across the middle rope at the turnbuckle. After a few more sick-looking combos, and one seat-clearing flippity-flip by Evans onto the outside, GenNext looked to win it with Roderick's Yakuza kick on Richards. At this point, the crowd was stomping the ground and chanting "PWG" as the champs dumped Strong to the outside and hit the Powerbomb/Lung-blower combo on Jack for the win. Awesome match, and in the future, I doubt many would mind seeing Strong/Richards and Evans/Dragon single matches.

Final Thoughts: I recently moved her from NYC, where I caught every ROH show I could. I initially came to PWG because I still wanted to see my old favorites like Strong, Evans and Shelley live. The first two shows I went to were lots of fun, but clearly something different than what I was used to. This time around, the show was on par with every ROH show I've ever attended, and even bested a few. I'm very excited to be witnessing PWG's rise to prominence, as in addition to the Indie stars they employ, their own stars like Bosh, Richards and Scorpio are all incredibly entertaining and unique too. The product seems like such a labor of love for the wrestlers who run it, and the fans are smart but (mostly) know when to kayfabe. This show sealed my love for the promotion, and I look forward to many shows to come.
Royce

Postby ShellShock612 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:57 am

I had such a great time at the show last night, it's not even funny. The matches were great, the crowd was great, everything was just a blast. I'm still sort of a newcomer to the indy scene, and this was my first PWG show, but I'm hooked for life now. Nice way to sum it up there Royce, and thanks for putting on such a kickass show PWG!
ShellShock612

Postby Crazy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:39 pm

The Main Event Sounds off the hook. I can't wait for the DVD. Even though i'm still waiting for ASW2-Astonashing X-mas
Crazy

Postby Sillentassasin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:11 pm

This was my first time @ a PWG show.. now i will try and go to all of them :D i mean the crowd was great.. the atmosphere was great... it just reminded me of the ECW tapes that i have.... but it's PWG and im living it :D

oh yeah random X-Pac appearances are okay... but why the hell do u clap with the crowd if your not IN the crowd!!?!?
Sillentassasin

Postby urmomsurdad » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:17 am

he was showing support and probably enjoying himself......
urmomsurdad

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:15 pm

Are you talking about that fuckin' idiot who yelled "Hell Fire and Brimstone", Royce?

And the Main Event tag match was most definitely the MOTN. It was awesome to see the whole crowd on their feet for the final minutes of the match.

BBoy vs. Kazarian was absolutely in second, but it was a close second to me. Made so by the fact Frankie was selling the ribs even when he came out later. Was beautiful. Even though I hate the finish. Hated it in that match, hated it in Dragon vs. Steen at BOLA.

Arrogance vs. Cape Fear had quite possibly the most visually amazing spot I've ever seen live, possibly ever. Generico was on the floor, with Chris Bosh on the next side right next to the post. Generico leaping through, grabbing Bosh and nailing a Tornado DDT all in one fluid motion. There was no stall, no pause. It was perfectly executed and flawless.

Can't wait for the next show. Maybe we'll finally get Dragon/Davey vs. Styles/Daniels. And Arrogance vs. Cape Fear rematch is nice. Although I could definitely do without a "Suck My Cock" match.
Matt Flash

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Are you talking about that fuckin' idiot who yelled "Hell Fire and Brimstone", Royce?

And the Main Event tag match was most definitely the MOTN. It was awesome to see the whole crowd on their feet for the final minutes of the match.

BBoy vs. Kazarian was absolutely in second, but it was a close second to me. Made so by the fact Frankie was selling the ribs even when he came out later. Was beautiful. Even though I hate the finish. Hated it in that match, hated it in Dragon vs. Steen at BOLA.

Arrogance vs. Cape Fear had quite possibly the most visually amazing spot I've ever seen live, possibly ever. Generico was on the floor, with Chris Bosh on the next side right next to the post. Generico leaping through, grabbing Bosh and nailing a Tornado DDT all in one fluid motion. There was no stall, no pause. It was perfectly executed and flawless.

Can't wait for the next show. Maybe we'll finally get Dragon/Davey vs. Styles/Daniels. And Arrogance vs. Cape Fear rematch is nice. Although I could definitely do without a "Suck My Cock" match.
Matt Flash

Postby Mike Arsenal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:27 pm

I think I might have been sitting behind you and this moron next to me yelled out "Hell, Fire and Brimstone!" at Knox, is that what you were talking about. Man that guy was retarded.

All in all I'd say it was my favorite PWG show I've been to, and I've been going consistently since October.
Mike Arsenal

Postby Royce » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:38 pm

Nah, all the Kane jokes were harmless. I was talking about the asshole who kept yelling something not worth repeating about the workrate.
Royce

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:29 pm

Ah. Just coincidental I guess because I was sitting next to 4 or 5 guys who are hardcore Joey fans, as is my friend who I go to the shows with and partly myself, and I'm the moron who yelled Hell, Fire and Brimstone. I realized after the fact how horribly out of place it was to say it. Ah well. I just wanted to see what peple would say about that one ::shifty eyes::. Anywho, yeah, anyone talking crap about workrate at a live show is just a schmoe not deserving of the awesomeness that PWG gives twice a month.
Matt Flash

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum