UPDATED: "Permanent Vacation" Takes Place on 02/04

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

UPDATED: "Permanent Vacation" Takes Place on 02/04

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 pm

PWG's "Permanent Vacation" Takes Place on February 4!
By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Saddleback Butte, CA - At the conclusion of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's ( http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) last event, "Teen Outreach Summit," two facts were quite clear amid all the pandemonium: Joey Ryan is either the smartest or luckiest man in PWG, and Super Dragon has gone completely crazy. First, our PWG Champion, Joey Ryan. At "Teen Outreach Summit" Chris Sabin and Kevin Steen were to meet in a match that would determine the number one contender for Joey Ryan's PWG Championship. Steen opted to have a Number One Contender match instead a rematch for the title, to see if he was prepared to battle for the belt after taking time off to recuperate from Guerrilla Warfare match in December. Sabin, who is on the fast track to success in PWG, defeated B-Boy in a grueling 2-Out-Of-3-Falls match in early January, and seemed a natural choice to be in the running for the championship. It was the track record of both competitors that caused Joey Ryan to interject himself in this match, causing it to be ruled a No Contest. Later that night, Joey would fake a knee injury and get himself counted out of the ring in his match with Chris Bosh, knowing full well that the title can only change hands after a pinfall or submission. Joey Ryan was going to leave "Teen Outreach Summit" as PWG champion, and apparently he would be without any top contenders for the belt.

This prompted PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood to make an on the spot ruling, deciding that Joey's next title defense would be an honest one. A match with so little wiggle room that it would take someone with the seemingly dislocatable hips of Shakira to escape from its vice like grip on the competitors. No, it's not the prohibitively expensive Steel Cage match. It is, however, a match that will feature Joey Ryan putting his PWG Championship on the line against the three men he wronged at "Teen Outreach Summit," Chris Bosh, Chris Sabin, and Kevin Steen. Commissioner Winwood has decided that this match is Single Elimination, so Joey Ryan does not have to be pinned or submit in order to lose the title. We here at the PWG Office hope that Joey Ryan invested in an Ab Roller with his Championship Bonus, because that's the only way he'll be in Shakira-esque shape by February 4.

On to PWG's resident mad man and one half of our Tag Team Champions, Super Dragon. Just 24 hours before "Teen Outreach Summit," Commissioner Winwood was notified that due to illness, AJ Styles would be unable make his scheduled Tag Team Championship match, and that a replacement would have to be found. The Commish, after being blackballed in Hollywood for his unflattering portrayal of John Belushi, determined via complicated algorithms that Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) deserved a shot at the tag titles, and that they would receive one. This did not cause the Super Dragon & Davey Richards steamroller to flinch one tiny iota, since they beat Los Luchas so viciously that they were unable to answer the referee's 20 count, giving Dragon & Richards an easy victory. Dragon, possibly incensed by a lack of competition, too much hot sauce on his burrito, or for no reason at all, savagely attacked both Phoenix Star and Zokre after the bell, got in to a minor scuffle with partner Davey Richards, and ultimately called in a second referee to count a pinfall on his unconscious opponent.

One cannot say what lurks within the dark recesses of Super Dragon's mind, however his insanity (over confidence?) may end up costing himself and Davey Richards the PWG Tag Team Titles. And it could very easily happen on February 4, when the champions put their titles on the line against the dream team of "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles. Daniels & Styles come in to the match with nearly 20 years of combined in ring experience, and clearly have the edge in that department, yet Dragon & Richards have been on such a tremendous roll lately, obliterating the competition at every opportunity. Will Dragon's carelessness cost his team the titles, or will Daniels & Styles be overwhelmed by the rampaging force of the champions? There's only one way to find out for sure, and that is to be at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on February 4, 2006 at 7:00PM for PWG's "Permanent Vacation!"

We regret to inform fans that due to an injury suffered in his match with Jimmy Yang at "Teen Outreach Summit," Scott Lost will be unable to wrestle on February 4th. But it kinda works out, since B-Boy informed us that he would be unable to make our next event due to... something. However, PWG's "Permanent Vacation" will feature:

PWG Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. Chris Bosh vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kevin Steen

PWG Tag Team Championship Match
Super Dragon & Davey Richards (c) vs. Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Samoa Joe

Chris Hero vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian

Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver) vs. Human Tornado & Scorpio Sky

"Classic" Colt Cabana vs. Alex Koslov

Excalibur vs. Top Gun Talwar

Plus TJ Perkins, Disco Machine, Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre), Nemesis, Ronin, and PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Permanent Vacation" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, February 4, 2006 at 7:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are $20 each, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com.
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 pm

Well it looks like, according to this press release, that Samoa Joe will indeed be wrestling after all for us at PWG. I'm curious as to how Scott Lost was injured and if anybody knows exactly why B-Boy won't be there.
CheMateo

Postby Big Joe » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Lost was hurt a couple weeks ago...I believe at BiGPro. He must have aggravated it at the last show.
Big Joe

Postby Top_Gun_Mark_2 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:26 pm

Big Joe wrote:Lost was hurt a couple weeks ago...I believe at BiGPro. He must have aggravated it at the last show.

Credit: http://www.myspace.com/scott_lost

So I have another very bad injury, this time to my shoulder/rotator. During my match at Big Pro on Saturday I took a bad bump and came down with all my weight on my right shoulder. Now, not many know this but when I was a teenager I'm almost 100% sure I broke the rotator in my right shoulder. One day, me and my friends decided to get drunk, then ride our bikes, roller blades and skateboards down to the local jack-in-the-box to cure our drunken hunger. Right before we got there, we ran into this girl and so we started talking to her. I was giving her my boyish charm when all of a sudden I trip over this huge crack in the ground, go flying through the air and coming crash down with all my weight on my right shoulder. Now, the standard is when you're drunk, you tend to not feel as much as, if anything at all. But this was the exception. Right away I knew it was bad and that it'd be something that I'd have to deal with later on in life and that later on was this past saturday. As soon as I hit the mat, I knew I was in trouble again and it couldn't have come at the worst time. I have to wrestle Jimmy Yang on Saturday, which is pretty close to, if not the biggest match I've ever had. Next to wrestling Chris Daniels that is... Actually, I'm not really sure which is the bigger match. On top of that, I'm going to Europe in a months time and I'll be having a couple of touch matches while there. Good thing they're tags, but I still would have liked to be at 100%. Seems like I haven't been at that for a long time now... I guess by Friday, we'll see how I'm feeling. Man, I'd hate to miss out on my match with Yang. Been waiting for that for awhile...

Sucks for Scott, I hope he's right for the upcoming tour.
Top_Gun_Mark_2

Postby Lizard King » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:42 pm

glad to see Joe will be wrestling however not glad that B-Boy and Lost won't be but a good line-up still!!
Lizard King

Postby MrPWG » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:43 pm

I'm kinda bumed about Scott vs. B-Boy being pulled due to injury however I am looking forward to the Return of Excalibur and hoping that we get a NEW PWG Champion is the Photogenic One.
MrPWG

Re: PWG's "Permanent Vacation" Takes Place on Feb.

Postby scrub » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:42 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:But it kinda works out, since B-Boy informed us that he would be unable to make our next event due to... something.

I heard B-Boy can't make it because his "Grillz" CD is scratched and his soulseek hasn't really been working for him lately.
scrub

Postby scrub » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:51 pm

But really though, I was looking forward to B-Boy/Lost. Last time I saw them go at it was in AWS way back when. It was my first time seeing them wrestle each other, and they complimented each other so well. That match made Scott Lost a star in my eyes, as he showed that he could make his opponent look like a million bucks. Lost ate that corner dropkick for lunch, and flew out the ring. 'Twas bloody amazing.

Hopefully PWG runs with this match again for their next show, as PWG likes to rebook matches that end up getting cancelled.
scrub

Postby noah_ther » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:16 am

Damn, B-Boy vs Scott Lost was a match I was looking forward to. Any news on whether they are replacing these guys or just making an 8-man tag a 6-man tag and a singles match? I guess they probably don't have time to get decent replacements, just so long as we finally get to see Nemesis get a pin already... and is it just me or did Ronin kinda play the "abusive boyfriend" role with him last week...geeez... finally get a pinfall and you get all sassy all of a sudden.
noah_ther

Postby Lee » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:31 pm

I'd love to see Generico as a heel in PWG.
Lee

Postby El Asian » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:14 pm

show looks awesome but I'm probably going to miss this one because there some divine force of nature forcing me to miss watching Claudio Castagnoli live
El Asian

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:41 am

Samoa Joe worked the Impact tapings so he looks to be good to go for Saturday.

Chris Sabin appeared injured during the tapings. The fear was that he might've broken his ankle, but the concensus is that he just suffered a bad sprain and should be ready to go for Saturday.
Lord Akiyama

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:13 pm

You are standing in front of a street. There appears to be no traffic. On the other side of the street is Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's latest professional wrestling event.
>look left
You look left. There is no traffic.
>look right
You look right. There is no traffic.
>walk across street
Unknown command. Type ? for help.
>cross street
You begin crossing the street. 2 steps in, you are hit by a Ford Taurus with +9 Invisibility. You have now entered the world of PWG.

What you have just read has been an exclusive preview of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's brand new video game, "A Text Adventure," due out Quarter 4 of 2007 for all major video game systems. What is most ironic about that preview is that PWG has been struck by a Ford Taurus wearing a +9 cloak of invisibility, figuratively speaking of course, because we received word today that both "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and the dreamy Chris Sabin are injured, and will be unable to compete this weekend. However, it's not a total loss, because Commissioner Dino Winwood has become accustomed to thinking on his feet, and has made some changes to "Permanent Vacation" taking place this Saturday, February 4 in Hollywood, CA. The changes are:

- AJ Styles, thanks to his previous reign as PWG Champion, will now take Chris Sabin's place in the 4-Way PWG Championship match against "Photogenic" Chris Bosh, "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen, and current PWG Champion Joey Ryan. To sweeten the pot, Commissioner Winwood has decided to make this a 4-Way Elimination Match! How exotic!

- Davey Richards & Super Dragon once again will not defend their PWG Tag Team Championships against the team of Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles, but instead will have a rematch to the team of Phoenix Star & Zokre, Los Luchas! After being mercilessly beaten last month, Los Luchas intend to gain some measure of payback this weekend, as well as becoming the new PWG Tag Team Champions. To insure there is not a repeat of last time, Commissioner Winwood has decided that this match will be a dreaded No Count Out match! How exotic, as well!

The full card for "Permanent Vacation" is as follows:

4-Way Elimination PWG Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. Chris Bosh vs. AJ Styles vs. Kevin Steen

PWG Tag Team Championship Match
Super Dragon & Davey Richards (c) vs. Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Samoa Joe

Chris Hero vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian

Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver) vs. Human Tornado & Scorpio Sky

"Classic" Colt Cabana vs. Alex Koslov

Excalibur vs. Top Gun Talwar

Plus TJ Perkins, Disco Machine, Nemesis, Ronin, and PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Permanent Vacation" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, February 4, 2006 at 7:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are $20 each, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Big Joe » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:36 pm

The Luchas are going to die.
Big Joe

Postby Top_Gun_Mark_2 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 pm

I like those changes.

Hopefully Los Luchas get some help.....they're gonna need it! :)
Top_Gun_Mark_2

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:51 pm

Really like the changes. Unfortunate that Sabin is out... but the addition of AJ and elimination rules really make the 4-way much more interesting.

Glad to see PWG following up on the Los Luchas incident last show. If the ending of that match is any indication... we should be in for some Mid 90s Michael Jackson level insanity in this one.

Definitely looking forward to this show.
TigerDriver98

Postby evilpaz » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:14 pm

Thaaaaatttt's better.

Maybe a 3x next show with Bosh/Ryan/Sabin?

I'll pray for Los Luchas.
evilpaz

Postby scrub » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:46 pm

I predict for the March show, that SD/Davey vs. Daniels/AJ will be booked, with either Daniels or AJ bailing out yet again.

And I'll be pulling for Los Luchas come Saturday. They need to shank some faces.
scrub

Postby noah_ther » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:15 pm

So now that Sabin and Daniels cancelled, that means tickets should now be like $17 now right? 8)

That sucks cuz' Daniels is definately one of my faves and Sabin looks like he's really motivated now in PWG. I wonder if we'll get any suprise replacements or if they're just going to make the usual 6 or 8 man tags singles or tag matches.

Well so long as Colt doesn't forsake us...
noah_ther

Postby evilpaz » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 pm

noah_ther wrote:So now that Sabin and Daniels cancelled, that means tickets should now be like $17 now right? 8)

I laughed out loud at that. Thanks, I needed that.

But yeah, so long as Colt and Joe go I will GLADLY pay 20 bucks. Even 30. :shock:
evilpaz

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum