The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Hell, if Fit Finlay could get a one-off BOLA appearance, why not PCO? Besides, PCO is willing to do completely insane dives, so if anything he'd be a better fit than most other old guys PWG could bring in.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 pm

I saw that the RockNES Monsters have reunited. I'd like to see them make an appearance at the final Reseda show.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Yeah, as mentioned PCO would be great to bring for BOLA this year and also Masato Tanaka that Dragon has even confirmed he tried to have Tanaka but it didn't work out.

As for RockNES Monsters, yeah, I would love to see them back especially for the last ever Reseda show and if that works out, maybe a return to PWG as well. Also I've expressed hope for PWG to bring back the Motor City Machine Guns soon, especially since it would allow for them to face more top tier teams that PWG can offer that ROH can't. And another team I want to see back in PWG is Angelico and Jack Evans especially since both guys are leaving Lucha Underground as well. Also mentioned it before, but I do hope for the debut of Darby Allin, Juice Robinson, and Tom Lawlor at least by BOLA.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

I'm up for pretty much all of that. I don't know if the MCMG's contracts allow them to work much outside of ROH, but I'd love for them to come back if that could be worked out. It doesn't seem like they have much going on in ROH at the moment, since they lost the tag belts and don't appear to be getting them back any time soon, if ever. Hell, maybe they could bring their stablemate Jonathan Gresham with them. God knows ROH doesn't seem to know what to do with him, either. And maybe Dalton Castle could be more regular once he loses the ROH title (no use bringing him in while he's the champ-no drama when you know he won't lose!) Over the course of Mania weekend I saw Munenori Sawa's matches, and he was so good after a 7 year layoff. I kinda wish that he would come back full time. He'd be a great BOLA contestant. But since that's unlikely, I suppose I'll just have to hope that his wrestle-alike protege Fuminori Abe's stock rises enough so that maybe he can hit the States. It would be great.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 pm

I
pwggrodd wrote:I'm up for pretty much all of that. I don't know if the MCMG's contracts allow them to work much outside of ROH, but I'd love for them to come back if that could be worked out. It doesn't seem like they have much going on in ROH at the moment, since they lost the tag belts and don't appear to be getting them back any time soon, if ever. Hell, maybe they could bring their stablemate Jonathan Gresham with them. God knows ROH doesn't seem to know what to do with him, either. And maybe Dalton Castle could be more regular once he loses the ROH title (no use bringing him in while he's the champ-no drama when you know he won't lose!) Over the course of Mania weekend I saw Munenori Sawa's matches, and he was so good after a 7 year layoff. I kinda wish that he would come back full time. He'd be a great BOLA contestant. But since that's unlikely, I suppose I'll just have to hope that his wrestle-alike protege Fuminori Abe's stock rises enough so that maybe he can hit the States. It would be great.

I believe the deal is that PWG is the one indie company that ROH will allow contracted guys to appear for since ROH doesn't have much presence in SoCal and the fact an appearance at PWG gets huge attention lately plus the fact ROH actually says PWG DVDs anyways, and so does WWN as well. So basically if anything, their ROH contracts would actually allow them to work PWG even more instead of preventing them. Also completely agree about Sawa getting a spot in BOLA plus another Japanese guy who has been traveling to the US lately that I would like to see in PWG and mentioned before is Shigehiro Irie from DDT.

Also speaking of BOLA, one guy I would love to see back for BOLA is Kikutaro but just to be very very very very clear here, not have a spot in the BOLA tournament itself but instead participate in the loser 10 man tag match on night 3.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 pm

So I know I talk about the Aussie wrestlers a lot. But this week in particular I gotta bring it up. This has to be the biggest week in decades for the Australian scene. Eagles is the third Aussie since BOLA to debut in PWG. Rock is main eventing N2(I'm not here to argue whether that's good or not, I know it's polarizing). And Progress has 3 shows in Australia and MCW has Ballroom Brawl too.

Reason I am bringing up those shows is I think everyone knows Excalibur loves Progress. I wonder if he will watch those shows when they hit VOD(I'm sure he will). With 3 Aussies in PWG already I gotta think the door is open if someone really steps up during that tour.

One guy I never mention due to his age is "Good Time Trouble" Mike Burr. He has been wrestling for 2 decades, and he is great. Works stiff, has great fire, and has a great story with being unknown for so long. I feel like he is one of the biggest victims of the scene never being a big deal. I'm not saying definatly a guy to be brought in, but he has a match at the Melbourne show with Pete Dunne, and I am VERY curious to see how he does.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Reason I'm bringing him up now is cause of the PCO stuff, haha. Kinda to see the older guys getting opportunities.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 am

This isn't about any one particular person I want brought in, but it's a related topic. A guy on Twitter called ScorpioCorp says he got news from a source (let's have a grain of salt for this) that PWG may be looking to bring in more Aussies going forward. Considering some of the people I've seen there of late, this is good news. Australia may be on its way to being relevant in the world of professional wrestling for really the first time since the days of World Championship Wrestling (an Australian promotion that existed between 1964-78; it was an NWA affiliate from 1969-78.)
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Kinda hard to tell, guys like Brooks and Eagles have shown they are able to showcase, an issue here is with Jonah Rock, who to be fair, really do enjoy but the man is not connecting too well with fans or maybe he hasn't really gotten that huge showstealer that Brooks and Eagles got to get over. Personally, I don't mind to bring some new Australian guys but I don't want to have BOLA be completely oversaturated with Australian guys.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:43 pm

El Asian wrote:Kinda hard to tell, guys like Brooks and Eagles have shown they are able to showcase, an issue here is with Jonah Rock, who to be fair, really do enjoy but the man is not connecting too well with fans or maybe he hasn't really gotten that huge showstealer that Brooks and Eagles got to get over. Personally, I don't mind to bring some new Australian guys but I don't want to have BOLA be completely oversaturated with Australian guys.

I totally disagree about Rock. He was unbelievable this weekend. He killed it with Joey Janela and was really a huge part of the N2 main event. I get why some people don't like him, he can be slow, and doesn't hit hard. Well this weekend it seemed to me at least that everything clicked. The biggest thing is he made so much progress not only with the in ring, but also the character stuff. The little things he did in his matches took him from a generic bug man to an absolute bully. I loved when Keith and WALTER were getting dueling chants and Rock just stood there and held his hands up and stared. He came off like such a prick all weekend and it was beautiful. I really think this weekend was a turning point for him. To me the four guys who blew me away at All Star Weekend we're WALTER, Bandido, Janela, and Rock.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 pm

I don't know, to me I feel he gets a bit of go away heat than heel heat but who knows, I say hold off debuting more Australian guys except for one more guy for BOLA since I feel its not exactly setting the world on fire quite yet though still keep Eagles, Brooks, and Rock for a bit especially Eagles at least.

Anyways, one guy I'm gonna suggest is Jason Kincaid, not to be confused with Jason Cade though I did thought PWG would bring Kincaide over Cade, and him going on tour for DDT should work out, so I wouldn't mind having Kincaid get a shot. Also, a somewhat controversial suggestion but I wouldn't mind seeing Cody Rhodes back and also, another point of contention, I still would like Matt Tremont get a shot, I just want a crazy brawler type and the other suggestion would be Nick Gage and while I probably wouldn't mind Gage in PWG, I would be completely worried with Gage in PWG since he does challenge fans to a fight in the parking lot after the show and I'm worried someone might take Gage in that offer.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Mon May 07, 2018 6:17 am

I want Gage, but I kinda don't see that happening. And since it's already been mentioned in another thread, I'd love to see CIMA's OWE trainees come in, though again, I don't really see that happening.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I want Gage, but I kinda don't see that happening. And since it's already been mentioned in another thread, I'd love to see CIMA's OWE trainees come in, though again, I don't really see that happening.
I don't see Gage in PWG either but you never know and as for CIMA's OWE guys, I think its possible depending if Dragon and CIMA are on good terms, I would assume it still might considering guys even recently had been getting booked thanks to their work in Dragon Gate, in particularly recently with Bandido, I say the OWE in a showcase match with CIMA involved and it would be a huge show stealer
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 am

El Asian wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:I want Gage, but I kinda don't see that happening. And since it's already been mentioned in another thread, I'd love to see CIMA's OWE trainees come in, though again, I don't really see that happening.
I don't see Gage in PWG either but you never know and as for CIMA's OWE guys, I think its possible depending if Dragon and CIMA are on good terms, I would assume it still might considering guys even recently had been getting booked thanks to their work in Dragon Gate, in particularly recently with Bandido, I say the OWE in a showcase match with CIMA involved and it would be a huge show stealer

Are either of you going to FSW in Vegas this weekend? I'll probally be there.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu May 10, 2018 2:20 am

wait does nick gage not suck ass anymore??

for a wild brawler i'd rather they book one of the luchadors like bestia 666 or shit even damian.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 10, 2018 5:38 am

Gage is probably the only one of the CZW originals who CAN work. And Damian was NEVER good, especially not these days. As far as me going to FSW, no. I live far, far away from Nevada. I'd sure love to, but not possible. Anyway, I hope that CIMA brings Gao Jingjia and Zhao Yilong with him for that showcase match, at least. Maybe A-Ben and Lü Ye, too. PWG really should consider trying to re-establish ties with CIMA. If you want to be on the vanguard of wrestling trends, bringing in the OWE guys would certainly be a way of doing that.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Gage is probably the only one of the CZW originals who CAN work. And Damian was NEVER good, especially not these days. As far as me going to FSW, no. I live far, far away from Nevada. I'd sure love to, but not possible. Anyway, I hope that CIMA brings Gao Jingjia and Zhao Yilong with him for that showcase match, at least. Maybe A-Ben and Lü Ye, too. PWG really should consider trying to re-establish ties with CIMA. If you want to be on the vanguard of wrestling trends, bringing in the OWE guys would certainly be a way of doing that.

I'm gonna be driving in from Oakland for this show(I'm an idiot, haha). Should be a good time. We have seen the highlights of the OWE guys, but I'm curious to see how they look besides the awesome spots.

As far as being ahead of the curve, I 100% agree. PWG was ahead of the curve with the European scene, they are ahead of the curve with the Aussie scene, and they could be ahead of the curve with the Chinese scene. I'm really hoping Dragon and Excalibur make the trip to Las Vegas this weekend to check these dudes out. I'm excited, I'll for sure post my opinion on here.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 pm

By the way, it looks like the four guys CIMA selected for the FSW show are A Ben, Zhao Yilong, Wulijirumen, and Wang Jin. A good mix. I get the feeling CIMA will be regularly mixing the talents he takes with him for these spotlight matches so they each get an equal number of chances. They should all improve pretty quickly this way.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Actually, make that Wulijimuren. My mistake.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Vegas is too far of a drive, even Reseda is a far enough drive already but I would love for PWG have a working relationship with Dragon Gate again plus a working a relationship with NJPW as well, dream case scenario for me is for NJPW, Dragon Gate, AJPW, and DDT send a representative for BOLA, probably won’t really happen but it be nice.

As for Nick Gage, as mentioned he is a solid brawler but he also might do something that can get himself in trouble that might not work out too well, personally if PWG brought a brawler type, I feel Matt Tremont works best
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum