The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:37 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:If this is true, I really hope PWG can squeeze him a match for All Star Weekend if possible

He more than likely is gonna have that 3 month no compete clause. When he comes back there are so many match ups I want to see. I really wanna see PAC vs Travis Banks ASAP.

I’m pretty sure the no compete clause does not apply to PWG since it never airs on TV anyways though it might vary on the wrestler like Austin Aries but not for others like Juice Robinson before he went to NJPW
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:43 pm

So I just discovered this guy Logan Grey(hopefully you can see, sometimes I have problems posting pics), he is from Perth Western Austrillia. I just watched a bunch of his stuff from EPW(Explosive Pro Wrestling). This dude is great, killer look, and great in the ring. From what I hear he has only been wrestling a couple years, this dude is gonna be a big deal, definatly one to watch for, I would love to see him in Reseda, he would get over huge.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 pm

eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:07 am

Since we never got Rock vs Cobb at ASW I would love to see them in action in a tag match. Chosen Bros. Vs the TMDK team of Jonah Rock and Marcius Pitt would be absolutely incredible.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 am

Pitt's good. More of a sound all-around talent than most really muscular guys like him. I'd be up for it.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure who Rock usually teams up with these days though I guess other usual partners would be Damian Slater, Elliot Sexton, Hartley Jackson, or Slex as well since those are his other patners he would usually team with though I don't follow the Australia scene quite much, he could also team with Adam Brookes as well, or maybe just pair Rock with Keith Lee though I kinda prefer the concept of Lee being paired with Janela for some reason.

Anyways With WALTER really killing it over the weekend, mentioned before but I do hope maybe next year for the return of Timothy Thatcher for Thatcher and WALTER teaming together in PWG here and there.

Also, mentioned it before but I would like to see PWG bring back the Motor City Machine Guns, I feel they still have some good work in them and give them to work with teams that PWG could only provide than ROH or any other indie could.

And finally, a guy I'm surprised nobody has suggested yet, especially eastbay, but he had a fantastic match with WALTER at wXw but I definitely think Ilja Dragunov should get a shot in PWG next year.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 am

El Asian wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure who Rock usually teams up with these days though I guess other usual partners would be Damian Slater, Elliot Sexton, Hartley Jackson, or Slex as well since those are his other patners he would usually team with though I don't follow the Australia scene quite much, he could also team with Adam Brookes as well, or maybe just pair Rock with Keith Lee though I kinda prefer the concept of Lee being paired with Janela for some reason.

Anyways With WALTER really killing it over the weekend, mentioned before but I do hope maybe next year for the return of Timothy Thatcher for Thatcher and WALTER teaming together in PWG here and there.

Also, mentioned it before but I would like to see PWG bring back the Motor City Machine Guns, I feel they still have some good work in them and give them to work with teams that PWG could only provide than ROH or any other indie could.

And finally, a guy I'm surprised nobody has suggested yet, especially eastbay, but he had a fantastic match with WALTER at wXw but I definitely think Ilja Dragunov should get a shot in PWG next year.

Here's my opinion on the TMDK guys. Damian Slater is solid, but I find him generic, he won't be blowing anybody away. Sexton is a great promo, good looking guy, but not great in the ring. Also he is retired. Hartley Jackson is a respected veteran, and trains guys, but I think as a wrestler he is the weakest member of TMDK. Slex I like a lot, but there are a lot of guys I would rather see be brought in. Marcius Pitt and Jonah Rock are by far the two best members of TMDK not named Shane or Mikey(and they may be better than Mikey, it's debatable). You could argue Pitt is actually better than Rock(I'd say Jonah is better, but it's close). Pitt looks like a bigger Ciampa, tons of charisma, great worker. Judge him on his stuff in EPW(Explosive Pro Wrestling in Perth) where he is more of a serious wrestler, and not so much on his MCW stuff, which is very comedy based. Pitt being brought in would give a boost to the tag division as well and give Jonah something to do(not that both guys aren't great singles guys).

Right now my list of Aussies I would want to see in PWG(if they decide to grab more talent from there) is Pitt, Logan Grey, Syd Parker, and Dowie James Expecially Pitt and Grey, I see thise two as potential major stars.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:01 am

If Lio Rush gets released I hope he doesn't come back to PWG after all the dumb it he is tweeting out.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 pm

I'd rather see Rush on the indies than in the WWE, even with his crap attitude. Not like a guy his size would ever have a chance there anyway. Back to the Australians, I'd back James, Parker, Pitt, Grey and Robbie Eagles, after watching some of their work.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am

I’m gonna defend Rush since while what he post was dumb as fuck, you also need to remember Rush is only 22 years old and who hasn’t said something dumb at 22 years old
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:58 pm

I know Ospreay has only had a few matches in PWG, and that was a while back. But I wonder if he would come back for another match with Brooks.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Josh Alexander was Fenix's mystery opponent tonight in AAW. If he's regained the right to work in the United States, he's definitely someone to look at. If Shigehiro Irie is going to make his U.S. trips a frequent thing, I'd like to see him get a chance too. And outside of scheduling issues, I really don't know why David Starr and Jonathan Gresham haven't shown up at least once.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:17 pm

If there are guys that could definitely debut in PWG next year, definitely should be Jonathan Gresham, David Starr, Eli Everfly, Shigehiro Irie, Ilja Dragunov, and Chip Day.

As for Josh Alexander, if his Visa issues got worked out, I would love to see him back and I guess with Will Ospreay, it might be his schedule preventing him to work PWG a bit more thoughI would like to see him back soon. Now as for other guys to bring back, besides bringing back Timothy Thatcher and Motor City Machine Guns, I would like to see the return of Jack Evans, Dalton Castle, and, believe it or not, AR Fox since I hear Fox has gotten much better as of late and deserves another chance while I'm not sure if Castle's ROH contract would prevent him to work other indies though I am 99% sure PWG was the exception among indies ROH guys can work.

Also not sure if PWG has plans for a February show but Tetsuya Naito is working indies in February 16-18, which granted all conflict with any dates PWG could have but if Naito is available the week before or after and PWG has a show during those times, it be nice to have Naito in Reseda if possible. Also I wonder if Chris Jericho is willing to do indie appearances.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 am

Because we got to see Takahashi and Jay White during their excursions I'm wondering if we might see Hirai Kawato whenever he goes on his, I really hope so.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 am

Looks like Lio Rush got fired. I'd like to see him back, if his attitude isn't too much of a problem.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:41 pm

I think his "attitude" problem was just shit blown way out of proportion from people who wanted to act all high and mighty and use the "veteran" card to look better. Rush is young and said something stupid, plenty of guys have said stupider things anyways, so yeah, Rush deserves to come back.

eastbay510 wrote:Because we got to see Takahashi and Jay White during their excursions I'm wondering if we might see Hirai Kawato whenever he goes on his, I really hope so.

Not a bad idea, especially since fucking ROH does a shit job booking guys in their excursions but I do hope one day White and Takahashi make another appearance in PWG depending on the schedule, disappointed that White didn't pan out as well though.

But anyways. since there isn't anymore shows this year, here's guys I hope to make their debut in PWG in 2018, other than some NJPW guys plus Chris Jericho:

Ilja Dragunov
Chip Day
Tim Donst
Jimmy Havoc
Daisuke Sekimoto
David Starr
Jonathan Gresham
Daga
Shigehiro Irie
Joe Coffey
Darby Allin
Matt Tremont
TK Cooper (obviously)
Eli Everfly
Brody King
Zachary Wentz (also to team with Dezmond Xavier every now and then)

I know Tremont might be a point of contention but I think he could bring something unique to PWG and if PWG ever debuts some local guys, King and Everfly deserve it the most.

Now as for returns I hope in 2018 for guys that haven't been in PWG since this year or so, which discounts Lio Rush since he did work this year before he got signed, other than Dragon Gate guys:

Will Ospreay
Motor City Machine Guns
Timothy Thatcher (also to team with WALTER every now and then)
Jack Evans
Jimmy Jacobs
Dalton Castle
Kikutaro
Josh Alexander (if the Visa issues are worked out)

Also, I'm sure they'll be back but despite losing the tag titles, I hope its not the last we've seen of the Lucha Brothers in PWG and also hope to see more War Machine in PWG as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:41 pm

It's not like Lio Rush only ran his mouth that one time. He has done worse shit that I will not post on here. Hopefully he learns to grow up. All I'm gonna say about that.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Well nevermind about Lio Rush, looks like he's still with WWE, just wrestled at a house show and even won. But yeah, the guys listed I would hope to see back or debut next year hopefully, besides Australian guys but I'll leave that shit to eastbay at this point
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:55 am

TK Cooper just came back at PROGRESS's Unboxing mystery card show yesterday, so SPPT at Mystery Vortex is at least a possibility.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum